Larson Screen/Storm Doors / Flawed design

1 NY, United States

This is the worst screen door I have ever purchased. I have a screen which rolls up and becomes an all glass door. The first door's screen split along the bottom and when I called for a replacement, the company told me that I would get a replacement screen but I had to install it myself and it was was really easy. I got the screen, it had 9 pages of instructions and it was a two man job. I immediately called Lowe's to complain and they sent someone over and he told me that they sent the wrong screen size. He re-ordered, came back and told me the second screen I received was still the wrong size, upon which I called Lowe's extremely irate and they told me I would get a new door. Fast forward 8 mos and the pistons don't work properly, the door either slams like crazy or stays open halfway through AND from all the slamming, the glass has shifted and I can't latch it closed. I called Lowe's again since I told them when they re-installed that if anything happens again, I am requesting they replace it with a Pella- which I have in the back and works perfectly fine ( which is amazing since I believe it is the same company now). We'll see what happens but stay away from these doors.