Larson Manufacturing Logo

Larson Manufacturing

Having problems with Larson Manufacturing?

2333 Eastbrook Dr.
Sat9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Larson Door Manufacturing Company — door model34920 security door

BEWARE! Purchase Larson Door Model # 34920 if you want to run the risk of MANY days of aggravation, personal...

Larson Doorpoor construction

Purshase larson from menards in comstock park michigan
Date of purshase 9/25/95
It isa great door& have them 3 other storm doors but one that conserns me is the
Front storm door the bottm rotted out, because when door was built the aluimn
Did not over lap the bottem which casused water get the in bottem part of the
To rot it out, i caution better insprection
I hope you can help me with this problem,
Charles weldon 2069 post rd belmont michigan 49306

Larson Door Companyfalse representation, no customer service rip off consumer

I have a larsen storm door and it was under warrenty. The door was defective. It was coroding from the inside out. i had to take pics and send all the info to them for them to decide to warrenty it or not. They charged me $30.00 So i take the old door off and get ready to put the new one on and the door bottom was corred to the door. Back again to Menards. They said i have to order one. i didnt have the numbers of the door. Back today and billed 34.00 for the expander they call it. All they care about expanding is there wallet. How do you know if the expanders bad to ? They sent me a stripped door and you have to take everything off the old one to put on the new one. Master craft doors are way better. NEVER BUY A LARSEN . BUY A MASTER CRAFT!!!

jaykay45 Dec 29, 2010

We just had a Larson door installed by a Menard's-recommended local contractor about 4 months ago. The weather has since turned very cold and we now have gaps on the sides of the door where ice and snow are blowing in. It appears that the door has somehow contracted or shrunk as the latch on the door will not even hold because the gap is too great. We called Larson and were told that it is due to our 45-year-old house "shifting" and that we needed to adjust the Z-Bar (described as the entire side metal plate of the door that is attached with screws). We were also told that there is a possibility we will need to adjust the door back again when warmer weather returns. I have never heard of doing this with any other storm door! But Larson was adamant about it not being their problem, so we are installing another brand of door immediately. We would be happy to join any class action case that may arise! Their service and warranty is awful !!!

• Al
        AlaineK12 Nov 01, 2011

I will never buy a Larson door again. Their warranty and service is complete crap! I purchased one with a retractable screen. In under 2 years, the cheap plastic screen anchor has ripped (not their problem $35 replacement for the entire screen), the sliding window always slides down after the door has closed a few times due to the lock not securely locking (again, not their problem replacement cost unknown) and a closer snapped off ($42 replacement). They would be happy to order and ship the parts to me for over $100. This already on top of a special order premium price. I too have the problem of the gap allowing cold air to come streaming in. I've had full glass doors that have been more weather tight than this piece of junk. The replacement cost is going to be devoted to a real quality door. I'll use this one on the barn.

Larson Storm Doorsstorm doors

We just bought a Larson storm door. When we started to install it, we realized we didn't have any screws at all. So we had to go buy screws for it. The instructions are useless. They make no sense at all. We finally have the frame up and ready to put the glass in, but the instructions does not go into detail on how to do that. We also noticed that we don't have the screws to install the closer. I think if you pay $196.00 (before taxes) you should get everything you need to install the door. I have tried to get on Larson's website, but I can't get it pulled up.

Larson Doorsunable to contact

I was considering buying a Larson door until I watched the fellow at Lowe's keep getting a busy signal on his special number.
        I have called Larson's toll free numbers listed on both their lit and web site to ask an installation question . 9 times I listened to the apology message of being busy, please call back. No direct phone number is on their web site.
        Shop with a company who you cannot contact? NOT me.
        Phillip Howel

Larson Doors — damage door

We recently replaced 2 storm doors and a main front door which we purchased from Gunderson Hardware in...

Larson Doors — awful company

I am experiencing the exact thing as Peggy from Brecksville, Ohio whose report I read on your website. I am...

Larson Doors — terrible experience

I purchased a custom made $400.00 Larson door seven years ago from The Home Depot in Brooklyn Heights, Ohio...