La-Z-Boy Motorized Recliner / warranty deception
Complaint: La-z-boy Inc. Regarding power recliners - Purchased 8-5-2008-Warranty deception.
This recliner has been repaired so many times I cannot count.
1. Day recliner delivered it had to have the left side replaced, and I complained that recliner going back there was a clunk. I was told it needed a period of adjustment. I later found that the bracket on the right side was not on the track, I also said the chair was not level and tilting to the right side. I was told it was the way I was sitting. Later repair man found a bracket had been installed 1 inch higher that the other side.
2. They then replaced a bent bolt and bracket.
3. Another time they decided to replace the lower steel frame when done the chair was not square with the frame. The repair man just shook his head. It was not the repairman fault just a poorly built recliner. He said the recliners often needed to be squared up.
4. It has been brought with parts falling out of it, on two occasions.
5. The last four times they sat the chair down and had to take it right back to their shop.
There was a crack with pieces flying out, I was told due to the chair out of square and that was why the motor and bracket needed to be replaced another 2 week wait for parts. Two weeks later wrong motor and bracket. Another 2 weeks wait for another motor and bracket.
Then the leg lift stopped working. It went part way up and stopped.
Now La-z-boy says I modified recliner. This heavy recliner sits on 4 bolts with enlarged heads. It was making deep marks in the carpeting. So I unscrewed bolts put 3/4 x 10 under rails, drilled holes in wood same location as where bolts go back into steel rails re-screwed in bolts. Now La-z-boy says modified chair-- is essence GO TO HELL. Based on their warranty if you safety pin a cloth on headrest you have modified warranty nullifying Warranty. So go Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, Frigidaire, various lending institutes (screw customer-Then???) I Believe so goes La-z-boy. Now store has my money and I was told they sold the defective (constantly repaired) chair they sold me. Looks like small claims court-if I can find an intelligent Judge.
More La-Z-Boy Motorized Recliner Complaints & Reviews
- Lazy Boy Furniture - poor quality/ mechanisims break 
- La-Z-y Boy Spas - don't stand behind warranties lazy on customer service and quality 
- lazyboy sofa and recliner - cheap fabric and mechanisms 
- Lazy Boy - warranty no good 
- La-Z-Boy - delivery charges 
- La-Z-Boy - lazy boy recliner latching device allows recliner to slip down when going back in it.
- La-Z-Boy - disputed account - sales bill #505214 - cust 146680
- La-Z-Boy - delivery
- La-Z-Boy - parts order
- La-Z-Boy - still have not received my couch after 13 weeks of waiting