LA Fitness / refuse to refund

My wife purchased me a membership and personal training sessions at LA Fitness in Denton, Texas on December 7th, 2010. At that time she was charged as follows:

*$146.12 for initial membership fee

*$222 for personal training set up and first month

She was then billed for these additional sums:

*$32.46 on January 5th, 2010 for another month of membership fees.

On January 14th, 2010 I visited the LA Fitness in Denton for my first trainer session which was to include a fitness assessment. When I arrived for my appointment the trainer was sleeping. I woke him up at his desk and he took me over to begin working out on weights. I asked him for a tour since I had never been to the facility. He took me on a tour. He did not know the locker policy for the facility. He then took me over to do some free weights. I told him that I should receive a fitness assessment first. He said he could not do the assessment, and that the proper trainer to do it was not there. He then said I needed a trainer booklet, but could not locate one to give me. He said, "That's corporate fitness for you. Corporate fitness ***." I asked what he meant by that. He stated, "LA Fitness fired me from the Lewisville store. The Denton facility was opened too early and we don't even have a scale to weigh you on for the assessment, or the booklet you are supposed to receive." He then was given permission to give me thefitness assessment on my next visit, even though he stated that he was not officially allowed to administer assessments. When I arrived home, I contacted his supervisors and spoke with them about getting a refund as I did not feel comfortable patronizingLA Fitness in Denton after this experience. My wife spoke with 'Angela' and 'Issac, ' both fitness trainer supervisors. Both indicated that they would not refund any money.

*$172.00 on January 19th, 2010 we were billed for another month of trainer fees.

*$32.46 on March 1st, 2010 when my wife received threatening phone calls requesting that we pay for another month of membership or we would be have 'credit problems.' My wife stated, again, that she wanted the membership cancelled and our money refunded.LA Fitness refuses to refund ANY moneys.

Br

Comments

• 10
      25th of Mar, 2011

I lost my job, every other company I deal with made concessions except for LA Worthless (what makes them so special?). I go to the Vista, CA gym. The people are good and have knowledge of what they are doing. It is the management that are cold hearted [censor] and [censor]es. They are willing to put a freeze on the account, great - Thank you very much!!! What happens after if I am still not working. If they treated their customers fairly from the start, I am sure they would have a higher rate of return. I know if they had let me out of my PT contract. When times got better, I would have gone back, not now.