L.A. Fitness / Awful experience

L.A. Fitness
I went in to sign up for L.A. Fitness because my husbands work were advertising them and saying that I could have my starting fee waved and 15% off every month.

When I went there, they said that my husband's work did not qualify at that time and I needed to notify them to tell them that their agreement with L.A. Fitness was expired. But before I could leave, the lady said she still wanted to help me get into the club. She said, 'How about I get you in for half off?' I told her it was my son's birthday and I could not afford anything because I was purchasing a Wii and some games for him. She said, 'Why not give him the best gift? A healthy mommy?' Needless to say, she guilted me into starting up a membership.

She did not explain to me what she would be charging my card for and it ended up costing me a total of $119.98 (79.99 to start and 39.99 for first month). I went into the club the next day to work out and saw a HUGE sign that said, 'Sign up now for only $29.00'!!! I went and asked the lady, who signed me up, what was with the sign. She told me that it was a new promotion that had just started that day! I was so mad. She new I was strapped for cash and yet she could not tell me to wait one day so I could save $50.00!

On top of that, the physical trainers bug you ALL the time about setting up time with them to work out. However, there is a catch...they charge $60.00 for 1/2 hour! And they always recommend 3 hours a week! I bet they do; they want that $360.00 a week from you.

I had a death in the family and canceled with them. I had to go out of town for a long time, and even though they called me 3 times a week to beg me back, they new I was gone and since I did not have a contract, I could quit at any time. When the next billing cycle came around, they CHARGED MY CARD! I called them and they would not do anything! I called my bank and my bank put a stop for them to charge my card again but said I was out the 39.99!!

So now they cannot charge my card but are sending me to collections because I stopped paying my monthly fee; even though was under NO contract and could quit at anytime!

They are scammers and liars; greedy as hell! Stay away!

LA Fitness International Logo LA Fitness International