L.A. Fitness / Scam and lies

1 Akers Mill Rd.Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

My company had a corporate membership with LA Fitness and signing up with them has been the worst thing that I've ever done. I signed up with their personal training and when I did, I specifically asked about their cancellation policy. The person who signed me up named Preston said that I could cancel at any time but that I would still have to pay for the month and forfeit any training sessions.

So I started training with my old trainer after being dissatisfied with their trainers and tried to cancel my training sessions with L.A. Fitness. It was only then that I was told about a 50% buyout. I was also told that my gym would honor what they had told me. Well honor is the last thing that L. A. Fitness knows how to do! They have yet to return my calls regarding this. The regional VP is supposed to get back to me and he still hasn't either!

Does anyone know who I can write to to make a formal complaint against them?

Comments

• Je
      19th of Aug, 2009

I heard that L.A. Fitness went through some really difficult times in early 2008 (top management out of touch, no communication, personal training changes, billing screw-ups), but I went to the Akers Mill location - joined, my trainer is Preston (same Preston, I don't know)... He is awesome and has really helped me to get the results that I want.
    He has helped me out, by not charging me, the few times that I had to cancel our sessons- even at the last minute (I'm not sure that I would have even done that for me)-
    He is an educated, trained professional trainer who also has great people skills - I will re-up when my contract ends.

• Ph
      13th of Oct, 2010

This happened to me as well! I realize the 50% buyout is in the fine print of the contract, but the salesman rushed me through the process so quickly I didn't get a chance to read it. I also asked them specifically what would happen if I needed to cancel. He told me I could cancel with "no problem". My foot. Having to pay 50% unused sessions is a pretty big "problem".