Kroger / false advertisement/dishonest business

1 Sugar Land, TX, United States Review updated:

08/20/2018 08:17pm

There is no client number. Ref# 08791C

I am really upset about this Kroger in my neighborhood. I go there just because of convenience reason. Other than that, it never meets my expectations.

I go there today because of the Kroger coupons.
I just purchased two Cheerios with a Kroger mailing coupon (I do not have it because it is already consumed in purchasing the Cheerio). Yet, I found my receipt did not deduct one of the cheerios. The coupon from my recollection is between 11.5 OZ and 18 OZ is free. I purchased two because of the incentives of Honey Nut Cheerios (Free $10 ticketmaster when collect two codes from participating cereals)

I asked my family lawyer if I should filed a lawsuit against Kroger. He asked me why I do not shop in HEB instead. I told him because of a distance. He said if there is enough statistics proving Kroger has taken money from customers due to this behavior, it can be a case.

I hope you guys can investigate and fix this behavior whether it is intentional or not

• Updated by fangsam, Aug 20, 2018

08/20/18

I am not a shopper, so typically I do not like buying groceries. While Houston is so hot, it is perfectly case to eat ice-cream. I have received these Kroger coupons, and went to shop. (Again, only because I got coupon to create incentives for me to go there)

During check out, the cashier told me that the coupon could not be honored. I bought a DC Super hero ice-cream just as described in the coupon. The cashier said I need to buy TWO DC Super Hero ice cream to get the coupon discount.

Although I did not buy the ice-cream (so no monetary loss), this is a scam to attract customers shopping in Kroger which I found unethical if not illegal. I asked number of friends and they told me that I was correct and would interpreted at buying one DC Super Hero Ice cream and the coupon should be honored.

Please investigate and check with Kroger marketing department. If my interpretation is incorrect, then I hope Kroger will be more clear in the near future in terms of wordings on coupons. This is not the first time I have trapped by their advertisement scam. So I have decided to report it.

Fa
Aug 20, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      20th of Aug, 2018

this site doesn't investgate "cases"
    its a public forum

• 9w

first line when you buy "2" dryers
    so you do need to purchase 2 not 1 for that coupon offer

• Om
      20th of Aug, 2018

The coupon is clear: buy any 2 Dreyers OR DC Superhero. It doesn't mean buy 2 dreyers or 1 superhero. Otherwise it would state that.