Kohl's / horrible online billing/payment

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I just now canceled my account among many other unhappy customers i've been finding online,

- I plugged in my routing number and acct number perfectly and said the payment went through.
- a few weeks later i get a bill saying i still owed that amount plus a returned check fee!!!
- when i called about their mistake, the person in the customer service was USELESS and said that my acct #was right and they refuse to pay the returned check fee from the bank.
-DO NOT DO ONLINE BILLING WITH THIS COMPANY!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF DUE TO THEIR CRAPPY SITE.
--NEVER EVER WILL KOHLS GET A PENNY FROM ME EVER AGAIN!!!

Ab

Comments

• Fe
      1st of Mar, 2010

I agree with you. I have overdraft protection so never bounce a check of any kind. I paid online in Kohl's site. It went through. Later I was told that the bank rejected the check and was of course charged for the "bounced check" I did everything right, I have over draft protection, yet they would not listen that they did something. Then they would not let me pay anymore online. I called twice and they said they would change that. They did not, and then I was told that I could not pay by phone either. That I would have to go to the store to pay. I do all my bill paying online for I have a stroke victim husband. I told them to cancel my account. Amazingly they can do that online for me. I have been a good customer for five years.

Yes they are overpriced. That is why they have the "sales " all the time. I will go to Target now for the things that I need.

• Re
      20th of Mar, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me!!! I always pay my credit card bills in full, timely, every month. They hit me with a "Returned check fee", when I had almost $20, 000.00 in my bank account. The customer service reps said there was nothing they could do. I spoke with three different representatives and they all told me the same thing! I'm with you. Target's things are of better quality in my opinion anyway. I will never shop Kohl's again...EVER!!!

15th of May, 2010

I have had the same thing happen to me. I pay all of my bills online and have never had a problem fat-fingering my account number - 4 times (once as an initial entry and a second time to confirm). Kohl's answer was to take the payment in to the store?! No! No wonder I never had an account with them until 2 mos ago. They just lost another customer.

• Da
      24th of Jun, 2010

I had the same thing happen in February. I canceled my card and have not been back to the store.