Kohl's / I will not be returning to the kohl's on thomasville road in tallahassee, fl again

United States Review updated:

A friend and I went to Our favorite kohl’s tonight each with two $10 off coupons (2 from our emails and 2 from our mothers’ emails). Anyway, we have gone before with multiple (but not obscene) amounts of coupons and cashiers have been very kind and let us use them. Tonight, while Christmas shopping, we went up to the register only to have a manager say we absolutely could not use them all due to the policy (perfectly fine! Some feel that way!).

The policy is not my complaint! So we made our first purchases, first hers, then mine, and backed ip from the register to review our remaining items. When you’re a college student, every discount counts! While she held our bagged purchases away from the cart, I shuffled through the few items left deciding if I wished to pay $19.99 for an item I originally thought would be $10 cheaper (paying double what I expected?- worth rethinking). Then my friend said that the manager was going to every cashier and telling them we had already used our maximum amount of coupons for the night and not to let us blah blah blah.

All while pointing us out and watching us… How rude and unprofessional can you get?! I LOVE kohl’s and have never had an incident like this before! We were both offended and shocked by her behavior :( She made us feel like criminals! Again, all I wanted to do was reevaluate and decide how much more money I was willing to spend! I will not be returning to the Kohl’s on thomasville road in Tallahassee, FL again. No paying customer (or even someone just browsing) deserves to be treated like a criminal!

Sa

Comments

• Th
      4th of May, 2012

You Christmas shop in May? Ok, I guess...

It sounds like you're trying to be an extreme couponer. A lot of stores are cracking down on that, not just Kohl's. Just use a few coupons and be done with it. The employees and customers behind you will appreciate that.

• Do
      12th of Jun, 2012

There should not have been a limit on what you were allowed to use.; I would be interested to know who it was who treated you in such a way. I also would encourage u to talk to the store manager over this. We as employees do frown on those that come in with 5 to 10 10$ off coupons but for someone to have 2, that is normal. Please either let me know who it was or contact the store manager.