Kohl's / Credit card fraud!

United States Review updated:
3.55
I bought some stuff from Kohl's in March of 2007. I paid all but $22.00. I never got a remaining statement for the $22.00. Kohl's claims they sent it "numerous times" and one representative told me that they were returned. The address they say they sent them to was a P.O. Box that I had all my mail forwarded to when I moved from Colorado to Iowa. Another Kohl's representative told me today that they did NOT get any of the statements returned. The P.O. Box still exists as my daughter is using it as her mailbox. She has NEVER received one statement from Kohl's. She is an accountant and would not ignore this. I get a notice in the mail yesterday that I owe them $181.00 in late fees and finance charges for the $22.00 I owed them, and this has been turned over to a collection agency. I had sent them $150.00 in March and another $50.00 in April. Do they really think that I was trying to avoid a $22.00 bill? When I called to discuss this,they refused to listen or consider what I was saying. THE MANAGER DIANE REFUSED TO RETURN MY CALL. It's funny that they couldn't find me 7 months ago (with an active P.O. Box), yet now that they have ran up the finance fees, etc. they "found" me. Huh, funny how that works. It's pretty hard to pay a bill that you don't even know you owe! If I owe you $22.00 just tell me and I'll pay the bill. Now I have a bad debt entry on an absolutely SPOTLESS credit history because of these idiots. SO... MY KOHL's CARD IS GONE and that's the last I will ever set foot inside of their stores. I hope you will too. Or, at least be very careful, as it seems to me that they just wait until someone misses a payment, then BANG you go on the "we stop sending statements list" so we can run up these charges and send it to collections without you even knowing...

Comments

Na
  4th of Feb, 2008
I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION. I HAVE BEEN LIVING AT THE SAME ADDRESS AND THEY ARE TELLING ME THEY WERE SENDING PAYMENTS AND THE MAIL WAS RETURNED NOW THEY ARE ABLE TO FIND ME AND TELLING ME THAT I DIDN'T PAY THEN IT WAS AROUND $300.00 AND THEY SEND IT TO THE COLLECTION AGENCY. i ASKED THEM IF YOU GIVE ME A PROOF THAT I SIGNED THE RECIEPT I WILL PAY BECAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER ANY BILL THAT I DIDN'T PAY THEIR AGENT 'JUNE' IS SO RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL REFUSE TO LISTEN AND WAS YELLING AT ME AND SAYING YO HAVE TO PAY. I CAN'T TILL I FIND OUT WHAT THE TRUTH IS.I WISH SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME WITH THIS. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS.
De
  3rd of Nov, 2008
Write the CEO BBB and attorney generals office. I did and I did get SOME action. I still will NEVER shop Khol's
Fi
  29th of Jan, 2010
I recently recieved a late statement saying my account was past due. The problem? I didn't even know I had a balance to begin with, now they have reported me to a credit bureau. The 'late fees' are way more that what was supposedly my original bill amount. They said they had been emailing my bill to me, I KNOW I never recieved these emails, All I can say, is STAY AWAY FROM KOHL'S CREDIT CARD!!!
An
  22nd of Jun, 2010
Kohl's customer service representatives will run your credit card application even if you tell them you will be declined. How do I know? I was declined the first time for having great credit, thousands in savings, but no present income (returned back to college at a later age in life). The application was made - then I had to wait and hold up the line. Well, the credit co. called the CSR right then and there - she said, "just tell me what me what you used to make - they just need a number." She just wanted the credit for putting an app. through.

Same thing happened to me today. I told the CSR I will be denied because I HAVE NO INCOME! She wanted me to apply anyway so I could receive 10% off (not even worth the ding on my credit report) and get herself credit for putting an app. through. This is very, very, very shady.

Kohl's Department Stores Logo Kohl's Department Stores