Kohls / buyer beware

United States Review updated:

I purchased earrings at Kohls that were marked as ¼ carat diamond and 14-carat gold. When I took them home and put them on, my ears turned red and I realized the stems weren’t gold. I took them back as Kohls advertises they take back anything anytime. They told me the diamonds didn’t test real so they can’t take them back. I couldn’t believe it! I am not a jeweler I wouldn’t know if the diamonds were real or not, but I do know that is the earrings they sold me. Apparently they are not gold and not diamonds. I feel cheated.

Comments

• Sh
      May 04, 2010
    Kohls - They really need to staff the place better to keep the lines moving
    kohls.com

I went holiday shopping today an Kohls and the lines were just too long. They really need to staff the place better to keep the lines moving so people can get their shopping done fast and not have to be on long lines during the season.

May 05, 2010
    Kohls - taking paments twice
    Kohs
    Chapaign
    Illinois

I purchased some things from kohls. with the kohls charge card.I get the statement and pay online. Two weeks later, no notification that it went though. So, to avoid interest charges, I send them a check. Two weeks after that they take the money out of the account and then cash the check. Now I am charged $34 for overdraft protection. Here I am trying to avoid interest charges, and then they double dip my funds, without notification. I called them and asked why they cashed the check after they take money out of my account without notifying me that they did and all they had to say was, If you sent me a check, I would cash it too. Thanks Kohls.

May 05, 2010

jw3-read what I said again i, then it might make sense.I did go to the web site, it said I still owed the money( they never took it out) so I sent them a check. Do you understand ? And why would I send in extra money knowing it would make my account go to negative. Some people are just stupid, like maybe jw3?

May 06, 2010

Whatever, my complain is with them not you(Yet).When I did call them they said they notified me about taking the money out, which was a complete lie.Because if they did, I would never have sent the check. Now I have been dealing with managers trying to get my overdraft back from them, since they never did notify me like they said they did. Every time I have ordered or payed online I get sent a thank you for your order or payment within minutes, not a month or not even at all.

• Ai
      May 23, 2010

Buy more things so they can afford to staff more people. It's not always their fault. Sometimes they just don't have the money to staff the necessary people in their store.

I work at a Kohl's that is frequently understaffed. Try as we might, we just don't have the budget to cover all the places we need to staff. We're struggling, but we like to think the customer will cut us a little slack.

Jun 02, 2010

HA HA KOHLS I GOT YOU BACK

• Ka
      Jan 05, 2011
    Kohls - Refunds
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

Received a set of earings for my birthday which was in November. Earrings were bought in Houston Tx. Went home to Las Vegas. Had the earrings for a few weeks when the stone fell out. My daughter bought the earrings but did not keep the receipt. She couldnt find it. On Dec 30th went to Kohls in Las Vegas with the defective earrings Store Clerk found exact earrings with a price of 60.00. We did an even exchange. Got the new earrings home put them in ears. Had them in 30 seconds tops. When again same problem the stone fell out. Took those back and the store clerk would not give me an even exchange or a gift card in the amount of 60.00. She stated that without the original receipt the price would be 25.98. So kohls has kept appox 40.00 of daughters money and this with no earrings. They also refused when I went in on Dec 30 to let me pay an additional 5.00 to upgrade to different earrings. Had to be an even exchange which I did. Question WHen the second pair was defective why didnt Kohls honor the even exchange receipt for the 60.00? The clerk and store manager said that wasnt their policy and they were rude. I feel cheated and frankly robbed for 40.00. Will not shop there ever again.

• Ha
      Feb 01, 2011
    Kohls - Rec'd order from Kohls; items just thrown in box
    Kohls

I ordered 8 sweaters from Kohls' online. When I received the package, I opened it to find the sweaters were all just thrown into the box. There was no packaging material to even attempt to protect the merchandist. I couldn't enjoy pulling them out of the box because they were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooowrinkled. So before I wear them, they'll all have to be steamed. I've never seen anything like it. They were just thrown in the box. Kohls' has the worst shipping department EVER and I've ordered a lot of merchandise online! Especially not their clothes because it's obvious they do not care!

Apr 16, 2011
    Kohls - 15 % discount

I purchased a matress topper from kohls and received a 20% discount. I then called Kohls a week later to ask a question about my credit card and they offered me an additional 15% off my matress topper if I purchased 2 pillows. I took the offer and purchased the two pillows. I never received the 15% discount and everytime I call they advise me the request has been denied...WHAT? They offered me the additional 15% discount. How can it be denied? Now Im stuck with two pillows (that were over priced anyways) and it is too late to return them. What a scam...I'm on the phone as I am typing this email and have been waiting for 50 mins. RIDICULAS!!!

• Cr
      May 04, 2011

I use to work for Kohls and Kohls has a "Yes We Can" Policy the customer is always right so you should take it up with the manager or call the stores regional manager to get it taking care of I worked at Kohls but don't care to shop there they overprice their items and want people to apply for Kohl charge cards just to get a discount to make it seem as if they are saving money when they are really not saving you coulod go to Penney's or Marshalls and get the same thing for less

• Cr
      May 11, 2011

idiot you Kohl's mascot LOL

• Gr
      Jun 20, 2011

NO ONE pays the retail price @ Kohl's-NOT even your daughter-that's why she didn't give you the receipt.

• Ku
      Sep 02, 2011
    Kohls - Bad refund policy
    Kohls

Is this refund transaction within Kohls Policies for refunds and good Customer Service? I explained that I paid in CASH (After the Kohls Discount Card was deducted from the balance) and would like CASH refunded. Kohls CSR stated that I did not understand; since I used a Kohls Gift Card I must get a Kohls Gift Card for the same amount. After debating this point, the Kohls CSR repeatedly said that this is what her computer showed and “the computer does not lie.” After speaking with 2 CSRs I tried to find some Christmas gifts within Kohls to use the card. I did not find anything within the Kohls store that I wanted to purchase and now wish to take my business and money elsewhere.

• Mu
      Oct 16, 2011
    Kohls - Bad customer care
    Kohls

Today is the worst exp i hav ever had. the lady at the watch selling place is abrupt and rude. She is there to sell the watches but she does hav any answer for any question. She is like I dont know for the question how long the battery of the watch running or how long the watch has been displayed. She doesnt have an idea bt the warranty itself. Pity Kohls. been a very good customer for kohls for many years. Not anymore !

• Im
      Oct 16, 2011

MUNNA, please... Stop and think. But most importantly, stop.

• Ke
      Jul 17, 2012

You must be mistaken. You pay cash, you receive cash back. Any discount you use with be refunded as a merchandise credit (if it's Kohl's cash and they're nice enough to do so - they don't have to.)

Jul 24, 2012

Apparently the Kohls cash return policy has changed and I won't be shopping at Kohls anymore. I'm sure they don't care, but their policy is absurd. I bought my husband a shirt and a grill basket in June of this year. Both were defective but I had received $10 kohls cash when they were purchased. When I went in today and had the money put on a kohls charge, since I had already spent the $10 kohls cash they deducted my return $10. Ridiculous. My kohls statement doesn't have any money going back to it. So they kept my money from my original purchase in June and took back the $10 kohls cash they had given me for spending that money. When I asked why the policy changed I was told that people were buying a lot of things, getting kohls cash, and returning them. If the money spent is put on a kohls gift card, isn't that the equivalent of spending the money at Kohls? They still get the business, they still have my money on my charge card... but because their product was defective, I get less of a return. I also did not spend Kohls cash when purchasing these items so it's absolutely unfair and with a family of 5 they will be losing thousands of dollars of my business. Hope they're rich enough to handle pissing so many people off. I know I'm not the only one that's been screwed by this because there was another woman there with the same problem. I should have just gotten the money back instead of putting it on Kohls but I had 3 bored kids with me so they win this time.

• Go
      Mar 30, 2014

I agree with you kohls customer service doesn't feel a departmental store's customer service third class one star customer service the provide.

• Mo
      Mar 25, 2015
    Kohls - Kohls cash
    Holland

Please explain the thought behind using Kohls cash. On promotion days, you advertise For each $50 I spend, I receive $10 Kohls cash. However when I use the kohls cash, it is reduced by the discount coupon I have. Nowhere on your website or fine print does it say that this happens. You just advertise $10 Kohls cash. So if I use a 30% discount my "$10" KC is now $7. If you advertise $10 why do you reduce it? Furthermore if I return something on my original receipt that I received the KC with, I am credited less $10 and not the actual $7 you discounted. Is this legal to do? It sounds like false advertising. You are scamming a lot of unknowing people. Please explain.

• Sc
      Aug 04, 2015
    Kohls - Screwing consumers
    Summerville
    South Carolina

Kohls makes it so inconvenient to pay on your Kohls charge: You can't pay with your debit card online or in the store; they want a routing/bank number online, but good luck actually accessing your account online, and why don't they accept a debit card in store? I'll tell you why. They want to make it as inconvenient as possible so you will be late paying and they can screw you will late fees. Oh, and they'll send your account to collections, gleefully, and for such trivial amounts it's shocking. Deliberately screwing over consumers every day, that's what Kohls does best. Can't wait for the class action law suits for the over charging of interest and fees. Do yourself a favor and avoid this deceitful company.

• Th
      Aug 04, 2015

"Can't wait for the class action law suits for the over charging of interest and fees. Do yourself a favor and avoid this deceitful company."

Can you help any reader to understand why you feel they were deceitful? Were they deceitful about any of the following when you agreed to signing up for card:
    - The interest rate.