Kmart / scam and cheating!

1 Vincennes, IN, United States Review updated:

While shopping in Kmart I saw a pool table on sale (not clearance) and I asked if I could put it on layway. I was told no, then I asked if I could pay for it and then come back and pick it up. (I live 40 minutes away and needed to get my truck) Again I was told no. The sales lady walked away talking about people being on welfare. Excuse me? I was very insulted and felt like it was demeaning. I am not on welfare and even I was who is she to do that. If I had not felt so insulted I would have asked to talk to a manager. As it is I will not be returning to that store. I just hope this is not how they treat all customers.

Comments

Ju
  15th of Dec, 2007

On dec 15,2007 I made a large purchase of christmas items,upon getting home i looked at the receipt and it said (Kmart Values your Feedback). Also tell us about your experience and you could win a 2,500 kmart gift card. But in reality you won't win anything because their is no sweepstakes at all. I think it's a shame how your company misrepresent its self. All the money Kmart makes their is no need for this kind of foolishness.

Re
  26th of Dec, 2007

Went online to complete the information per a receipt that said "kmart values your feedback." Turns out it was a gimmick to have you give your name and contact info before proceeding to have you commit to several online offers. UNLIKE Walmart who ask you to rate your experience and then at the end give contact info and this process enters you into drawing for winning some money. Won't be trying Kmart's again.

Summerville, SC.

Ka
  26th of Dec, 2007

I have searched and can not find a feedback site. I did put in the www. Still could not find it, only found a 5000 gift card!

Do
  10th of Jan, 2008

How is this a scam? You didn't pay for anything other than the items you wanted, and the "2500 Kmart Gift Card" isn't guaranteed. It even says "You COULD win..."

That's like saying you deserve to win just because you spent a lot of money there.

Fa
  13th of Jan, 2008

You should just go ahead and firebomb that location.

Seriously though, KMart sucks balls. Don't go there in the first place. But if that happened to me I would take it straight to a manager, and threaten to sue for deformation of character.

Di
  29th of Jan, 2008

I just tried to find the website to kmartfeedback.com as required on my receipt to enter $2500 sweepstake. No such place, total deception and false advertising. Something should be done!

Ro
  30th of Jan, 2008

Can't find the place on their Wedsite, per a sales receipt for a "chance for a $2500 gift card".

Ma
  21st of Mar, 2008

I bought some earrings they were suppose to be 10 k gold and they were not. So my ears got infected. I have sore ears now. I toke them back and got my money back but my ears stayed infected. I've have always bought my earrings at kmart. I'm really disappointed. when i told the girl that the were not gold she said there is good costume jewelry and i told her do you realize what you just said. and she said yes. I told her I'm not paying for costume jewelry, i paid for gold.

Ka
  7th of Nov, 2015

received an email saying I had a suprise $4 in points if I spend $15 went to the kmart and spent $25 and it said I DID NOT have $4 in points. I am so upset I may never shop at kmart again!!