Kmart - Staten Island / treat workers like slaves

My son got his first job at Kmart only to be treated like a slave, there is a manager in name Tony in Kmart, Staten Island Store #4248 that treats teenagers like garbage, its time to go home and parents waiting in there cars to pick up there kids and he has them running around the parking lot get shopping carts that by the way should have been done earlier, putting them in stacks and its a school night 10:30 and still if one cart is out there he yells at them like animals. My son was helping 2 customers today and he was walking out to help them put there stuff in there cars and this manager came up to him and ordered him to go fix the sports section up because the person in that department was not in, he told his manager I will once I help these two customers, he told him no go now, my son turned around and said in a minute once I help them to the cars, the manager turn and said my son s name and said you know I swear I, and my son said what you swear? with that my son quit, cause he was treated like this by this bully.

Comments

• Dm
      25th of Sep, 2007

"its time to go home and parents waiting in there cars to pick up there kids and he has them running around the parking lot get shopping carts that by the way should have been done earlier,"

Please do not criticize a manager of a retail store when you clearly have no idea how a retail store even operates. Shopping carts need to be brought in. This should have been done earlier? Sure, lets just ignore all the people shopping in the store and spending money so we can bring in shopping carts.

And I find it laughable that you consider your son's manager a "bully" because he got mad when your son didn't do what he was asked to do.

• La
      22nd of Nov, 2008

If your son is a minor, he shouldn't have even been there past 9:45pm, school night or not. It's the law. The jerk who wrote the previous comment obviously doesn't know how retail store runs either if he is that ignorant. Manager should NEVER treat their employees like that. That is not how you get your employees to thing done.