Kmart / check writing policy

2961 Lonnie Grimsley Rd.Adel, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 229-549-8059
I visited a Kmart store today. This was my first visit in approximately five years.
I was reminded why I do not visit more often. I wrote a check for my purchase amount
that totaled $72.74. My check was declined. I really wanted to just say forget it; however,
I used my debit card. Everything was fine and I left with my purchase. This evening I phoned
the number to contact to explain why my check was declined. The reason that was stated was that there was no history of bad checks this was done as a preventive method.

My check number was 6848. I started my checking account fifteen years ago starting at
check 100. I do not have bad checks out nor have I ever.

I go to Walmart on the average once to twice a week. I spend approximately $250.00
per week. I write so many checks in their store that I am not asked to even show my ID.

Kmart, thank you for declining my check. I love Walmart and I will not revisit
your store. Walmart welcomes my cash, debit, credit cards and the checks that I
write 99% of the time.

Teresa Nave

Comments

Ti
  19th of Mar, 2010
Having same problem, first the numbers are out of order was red flagged. now the problem is ten dollars more then we usually spend. I say lets file a law suit.

Tish Heaton of Klamath falls oregon
Mi
  25th of Aug, 2010
First of all K-mart has been one of my most favorite department stores to shop!

But for the last 2-6 monts I haven't been able to buy my grand daughters clothes at k-mart because theirs too much black in little girls clothing at your stores and they are just too GOTHIC for girls...Especially Little Girls Babies to 13years of age. Girls are supose to dress pretty and look fabulous not like their mothers and fathers are apart of some ungodly cult..

Please bring back the pretty clothes youv'e always been known for when it comes to children... Looking much forward to pretty and great fall and winter clothing like last year in 2009

christiansharp99@yahoo.com