Klm Air France / Disappointing treatment of a Flying Blue Silver member

United States Review updated:

As a Flying Blue Silver member (FB no. [protected]), I booked our honeymoon to Mauritius, at a travelagency, with the remark that we wanted to fly a SkyTeam Airliner. On the travel papers, we received, this was confirmed ("you will fly with Air France"). When embarking at Charles de Gaulle, it appeared we were flying an MK flight (Air Mauritius). In the meantime, the same flight was an Air France flight, so I asked if this could be corrected, so I could collect the airmiles. Unfortunately the KLM-Airfrance Desk informed us that we could not be helped.

The return flight was even more frustrating, since we (indeed) were flying an Air France plain (AF 963), without receiving the air-miles. Again I mentioned this at the check in desk, showed my card, but did not receive any help or other gesture. Since being a Silver member, I would have expected more service and cooperation of an airliner like KLM Air France.

Since we expected we could use the miles, for a new years visit to New York, we had to deal with quite some frustration, that could have been solved easily. Very disappointing.
Va

Comments

Cr
  29th of Aug, 2011
Hello, I tend to disagree with your complaint.

As a frequent traveler, I believe you're familiar with the term of code-share, I will get to it in a second. You said you booked your trip with a travel agent, and your aim was to get to Mauritius. Between CDG and MRU there is indeed AF flying, but the reason you weren't given any air miles for your flight is that because you had a code-shared flight.

That means, your travel agent paid your ticket to MK (Air Mauritius), your money went to MK, but you were in an AF plane because there is a code-share agreement between the two airlines. And as far as I am aware, MK is not a Flying Blue partner.

But anyway, it could also be a human error. If you open your email and retrieve your electronic ticket, I am 80% sure that your flight would read MK operated by AF. If otherwise the flight there is not a MK operated by AF, but pure AF flight, then of course you are entitled to your air miles.

Hope my explanation made it a bit clearer.

Regards,
Cristian N. MORMOLOC
Ga
  11th of Aug, 2013
I just called Flying Blue USA to question the application of flight mileage on my most recent statement. Juan (no last name, no employee number) took the call at 3:11pm on Sunday August 11, 2013. He was totally discourteous and rude the entire call. I asked to speak to his manager and he refused. I asked again. He refused. He would not help me at all, was offensive, interrupted me and was of no help. I have never heard of a company not having an escalation policy to permit a customer to talk with a manager. Juan assured me Air France does not have such a policy and I would never be permitted to talk with a manager. I will never again fly Air France so I will not have to be humiliated by their personnel.

Air France Logo Air France