Kitchenaid

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 by

faulty oven, new range.

I have a gas range less than a year old (house was finished less than 6 months ago, range sat in factory box for about 4 months until install after it was delivered). The model number is KSGG700ESS1. I have receipt for proof of purchase and date. The Kitchenaid website froze up when we tried to register the appliances months ago. The oven stopped functioning and displays F2E0 error. We are very disappointed in the quality of the appliance. I've recently heard of others having issues with this series of range (I'm a Home inspector by trade). The Customer service numbers to Kitchenaid do not work. They have not responded back to multiple emails submitted to the website. The online "Chat" function does not work. I purchased the appliances from Lowes and they said they have not had any luck getting in touch with Kitchenaid. I need some help getting this resolved and am also worried about the quality of the other kitchenaid appliances I purchased.
Updated by JoeInspect, Oct 09, 2017
Thanks for the encouraging words. I truly hope the rest of the appliances are good. This particular range seems to have issues. It appears to be a popular model. I've seen two others that were malfunctioning during inspections and the model has not been out very long. It seems to be related to the placement of the control panel (front of unit, above the oven). I would imagine the control panel gets very hot where it is located

I tried to contact Lowes. The Lowes in our area was not as helpful as I had hoped. They wound up forwarding me over to their extended warranty department, but no one picked up and I did not have time to sit on hold. It would be great if Kitchenaid would answer their phones or respond to my direct communications.
Updated by JoeInspect, Oct 09, 2017
I wanted to clarify that one of the previous kitchenaid ranges that our company observed malfunctioning was an electric top (not gas like mine). It did have what appears to be the same control panel. I do not recall the error code but the broiler function did not appear to work properly. The other appeared to the same as ours and had an issue with the convection/fan function. To be fair, both had seen some use so I don't know if they were abused before hand (best I can recall it was late 2015 to mid 2016 timeline). I don't know if kitchenaid or the buyers home warranty wound up fixing them. I know Lowes was selling a lot of them because it seemed to be a popular model to the sales associate.
Updated by JoeInspect, Oct 25, 2017
Wound up contacting KitchenAid through their FaceBook page. They responded quickly. Had a local repair tech come out yesterday and we are back to using the oven. Thank you KitchenAid for the help.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

N  9th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I'm involved with the industry and will tell you Kitchenaid makes good quality appliances. Lowe's should be of help getting you in touch with a recommended service center in your area.
N  18th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Dear JoeInspect:
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your KitchenAid® Range concerns. Please email us at KitchenAid_Reviews@KitchenAid.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply. and will reach out to you as soon as possible!
Thank you.
KitchenAid® Social Media Relations
N  25th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Wp2008 Thanks, will post an update. Kitchenaid sent out a local repair tech and fixed everything. Thank you for writing on here. I would suggest maybe updating the customer support number and email on the Kitchenaid website. I never did hear back on the emails and the phone calls never would go through. I was able to get in touch with Kitchenaid through the facebook page and they responded pretty quickly that way.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree