KIA Motors / engine blows and warranty is not valid

My timing belt goes out at 65000 mile and blows my engine up. When I called KIA they said that the engine is only warranted up to 60000 miles and will fix it and add the bill to the already existing bill I have. Who knows a car that the engine blows at 65000 miles and isn't mad? And do they know that engine for this car is hard to come by just for the fact that this has happened to the same car over and over? And what happened to 100, 000 mile bumper to bumper warranty? Doesn't the engine fall in between the front and back bumper? Mine did until it blew and we had to take it apart.

Kia gives out false advertising and I wouldn't dare tell anyone to go buy any car from them because they won't be satisfied and everything that goes wrong with their cars are not their fault. They just want the money and I would suggest to buy a car that will hold up and be worth the money that is actually paid.

Va

Comments

18th of Sep, 2015

What their shop tells you and what is in the owners manual is worlds apart.these kia shops deliberately lie and sell maintenance the owners manual does not call for.my owners manual says 7500 miles for oil changes, so every 3000 is a ripoff.since I use Mobil 1, changing oil at 3000 miles is pure stupid, and just greed on their part.and the owners manual does not list a 30, 000 transmission flush, or a 2 year 24000 mile coolant flush.

• Ji
      21st of Jan, 2016

Same thing happened to me had 4400 as in 4 thousand 400 miles on a rebuilt engine. I was told there was no warranty on the car after I picked it up. My wife broke down on a very cold and damp day (after hours at dealership) I had my car towed t o my mechanic who put it on the computer and was given a fault of Camshaft position sensor and Crankshaft position sensor. He replace each and the engine was not in time so he suggested I bring it to the dealer who rebuilt the engine. they told me that the repair(rebuilt motor was void because my mechanic replaced the sensor. 4400 miles and there is not doubt in my mind the problem was with the repair technicians at the dealership who did not properly repair the engine. As the person stated Kia blames someone else. This after they gave me the run around for over 4 months. And they want to rave about quality. After being told no warranty when I picked up the car with a supposed new engine WHY would i bring it to the dealership to repair. They want $2500 to fix now. I appealed and after being told I would have an answer in 2 working days it took me a week and several phone calls to get the answer...It was the same exact wording from the service manager Not covered because an outsider worked on it. Did not know there was any kind of warranty on the rebuilt until this time 12000 miles (I only had 4400)