KFC / free chicken not worth the wait

United States, Kentucky, Lexington Review updated:
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Tates Creek Center
Finally got my free KFC grilled chicken meal after the coupon fiasco in May and I was even more underwhelmed with the company.

It was bad enough that KFC used the bait and switch tactic to get people in the door with no intention of giving a meal away that visit in the first place, but I figured I would redeem the mailed coupon and try to give them a chance. I left knowing I will never enter another KFC ever again.

I was the second one in line a little after 1PM on Monday July 21 and the cashier was already giving me a dirty look as she noticed the coupon. When asked if I could finally redeem my coupon she just gave a empty nod yes and said I wanted slaw and mashed. I asked for potato wedges and got another nod and a "yeah". When it came time to pick the chicken the cashier took the time to find the smallest pieces that had been sitting and drying out the longest, bagged it up and I was on my way. The drumstick had about two bites of chicken on it and the breast was so dry I had to throw it away.

It's obvious that even after the public relations nightmare after the first coupon, the company is trying to get off as cheaply as they can. I'm sure the long delay in getting the coupon was a ploy to hope people would forget the offer. I was probably lucky to get mine and wonder how many were "lost" in the mail. The coupon had about a 2 week window to use it and I again will assume that's so people hopefully misplace it of forget to use it in time. The capper is them employee telling me I would get slaw and giving me the dirty look when I wanted another side and then finding the nastiest pieces of chicken available they could not sell anyway. It would not surprise me if the monthly training this month is how to make people trying to redeem this coupon as unwelcome as they could. I did feel unwelcome and will never set foot in another KFC again.

N  20th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The Colonel will hear of this! Madness! Madness!
N  11th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
KFC sucks.. The ones in Jamaica are EXOTIC.

Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] Logo Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC]