KFC / bugs in food

1 South Africa Review updated:

About 3 months ago, I bought a Hawaian Twister meal at the KFC in Okavango, Brackenfell. When I got home and opened the chips, I found a bug in there. I went back to the branch and complained. The manager sais that he will send the chips for testing- after I explained to him that my aunt died of a liver disease due to a bug in her food- that is why I didnt take this very lightly at all. I took photos of the chips and I was told that Customer Services will phone me soon. After a week, I phoned Customer Services. The lady that answered said the complaint was never sent to them. She said that she is coincidentally the person that deals with the bug complaints and that she will get the chips tested (after a week- what is the chance that the branch still has the chips???!!). I also asked her how many bug complaints they get seeing that they have people assigned to that specifically!! They send me a voucher in the post for R60. Do they seriously think I will ever eat their insect infected food again??!!! If I get ill because of the chips, is that the price they think my life is worth??!! I see that as bribery, I am sorry but i wont accept that. It has been 3 months now, I am still waiting for the chip tests!!! I have a good mind to take those photos and my story to the newspaper!! Wake up KFC SA, you are not only ruining your own reputation, but those of all the KFCs across the world!!!

So

Comments

• Da
      15th of Aug, 2008

I am a costomer for 15 years at KFC from Knit str with 49 Vancouver BC Canada. THe menager there it's a nice lady and always when i go in i have a nice service, but many time she is not there when i buy so the service it's so bad and so poor. I just came for a trip and I had to buy the KFC toonie tuesday (wich is not anymore toonie, it's almost three $). I went there and i did my order and when the pay time came i gave my Visa. Because i didn't have the ID with me they didn't want to serve me and also they laughed when they so me so nervouse. I mean come on i buy there for 15 years, (i always pay and don't make faces, never they had problems with me even tho many times or i got my fries cold or i didn';t get for how much i payed or my poutine was cold like now came from the frigi)and they make me problems for only 17 $? They r lucky the locotion it's close to my house other way i wouldn't buy from them any more. In my opinion the old KFC it's not anymore. The service and everything it's very poor.

• Do
      7th of Nov, 2008

November 06, 2008 this is the date that we celebrate my son's first birthday but unfortunately we are not treated well in this KFC fast food chain which located in Tahlia St. Jeddah Saudi Arabia.

First: We pay the place for 5-8pm time for our celebration, but the branch manager during that day told us that we are allowed only up to 7:45pm which is not fair for us.

Second: They really force us to leave by cleaning already the place even we are still inside. This Egyptian Manager is also standing there which I know is not a good manner. I am sure that If we did it to them they open their big big big mouth to talk.

Third: We learn from the crew that the other occupants after us is the friend of their General Manager and they are pressure the crew and the branch manager to force us to leave the place early.

Fourth: I was surprised that the order was so fast and when i realized they really want us to finish soon, because you know why we attend another birthday party before and their service were so slow.

Fifth: Normally the kids meal has a toys to be given, but the total of 15 pieces that we order were not given in the party which supposed to be a children's party.

In the end of the day they will not make any action in all the complain as they were saying in arabic "qali wali" . Because I know the Egyptian way more talk than to act and the manner it doesn't matter.