The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Kenmore Oven / Severed tendon in finger!

1 United States Review updated:

My Kenmore oven tore my 1.5 mo baby's finger down to the bone....hard to find anyone to speak to so call me. I have emergency room records. not looking for a law suit, perhaps w/bills ensured.

Chris [protected]

Sort by: Date | DownRating


  • Al
      4th of May, 2007
    0 Votes

    Why was your 1.5 month old baby playing with an oven?

  • Te
      26th of Dec, 2008
    0 Votes

    Kenmore Range Model 790.95301
    Posted: 2008-12-26 by Teresa W

    Could have burned our house down

    Complaint Rating:
    I was amazed to see how many people have had this problem with their Kenmore oven. This Christmas almost proved to be the last one for me, my husband, and son. I was up late preparing Christmas dinner for our family. I had spent 3 days thawing, brining, and getting a 20 pound turkey ready for baking. I placed the turkey in the oven preheated to 325 degrees at 1:00 am in our downstairs kitchen. We then went to bed for a few hours sleep. At about 4:30 am, I was awakened by the smell of the turkey baking but I went back to sleep for about 20 minutes. The next time I woke up, the smell was much stronger and didn't smell quite right. When I opened the door of our bedroom, I could smell the smoke and hear the smoke alarm coming from downstairs. Our smoke alarm upstairs was not going off yet. I ran downstairs to find the bottom level of the house full of smoke. The black smoke was pouring from the oven and I could see the element on the bottom of the stove glowing red through the glass window in the oven door. The control panel was flashing F1 and the alarm was going off along with the smoke detector. I turned the oven off and then opened the doors and windows to try to clear the smoke. I then returned to the stove and noticed it had turned itself right back on, the element was still glowing red and the F1 alarm was back on. I turned it off again and it again turned itself back on. By this time I was frantic and scared to death and ran upstairs to get my husband out of bed to help me. I showed him again that when I turned the oven off that it just turned itself right back on. He had to turn the breaker off. Thank God that I smelled this because we did not hear the smoke alarm. Our turkey was "cremated", but we are alive. If the house had caught fire with us sleeping in the level above, we wouldn't have had a chance to escape. I know this is long, but I would like to try to warn everybody out there to never, never, never trust this range/oven. I am furious to see that this many complaints have been made and that there has been nothing in the news. I had no idea! I will never use this stove again, it is destined for disposal. We will file formal complaints with both Sears and Consumer Protection. For now, we have made sure to call all our family to tell them how much we love them, because you never know if you will ever be seeing them again. All for a stupid, faulty stove that they don't have the decency to recall. Is there no sense of respect for human life out there anymore. Keep safe out there!

  • Ka
      1st of Oct, 2010
    0 Votes

    I have replaced the ERC panel on my Kenmore stove twice.I was experiencing the same issues.Oven or broiler would turn on full blast and the only way to shut it down was to unplug or turn off breaker.2nd ERC fried on 9/30/10. Just purchased new stove.Will not buy any Kenmore products.

  • Ca
      9th of Jul, 2013
    0 Votes

    Just a warning: I'm not sure if a piece is missing off of my oven door or if it's just built the way it is, but I had the oven door open, and proceeded to walk around the corner of the door to go to the sink. I thought I had just bumped my shin on the door, when in fact I had torn a large gash in my leg and had blood streaming down my leg all over my kitchen carpet. The corner of the door is so dangerously sharp that it still had a pretty large chunk of my skin stuck in the corner of the door when I got home from the hospital. I now have 17 staples in my leg and missing work.

    I shutter to think if it had been a child's face.

Post your comment