Kenmore Elite Refrigerator / Product defects

1 Modesto, CA, United States
Phone: 2092024509

I purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator from the local Sears in September 2014. Found an error on the fridge screen which also shut down the door controls (water, ice). The part was ordered and repair man showed up after two weeks. He replaced the part, which apparently was freezing everything in my produce drawer, in addition to frost in my freezer. Three days later we found a different error report. Called it in and had to wait two more weeks for a repair man. Once he reviewed the problem, we were told that they had installed the wrong part and a new one was needed. He placed the order for the new one which showed up in two days, yet he is not available to come back to install it for three more weeks. This is upsetting and comical all at the same time. This time however, I have to defrost my fridge for three days prior to the part install. I have a 29 cubic foot fridge with frost in the back wall and freezer. I have lost a lot of food over the past three months and now not quite sure where all the liquid will go from defrosting. I have never had these issues with Sears products and am the least bit thrilled with their response and lack of sense of urgency or empathy. I believe at this point Sears should offer to replace this fridge with a new one and provide assistance in replacing the damaged food.

Ca