Kenmore / washer/dryer constantly breaking down

1 Columbia, MD, United States

We purchased Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer (Model# [protected]) and dryer (Model # [protected]) combo 12/1/07. These products are lemons. We have been very unhappy with them because the are always breaking down. We have had to have these units serviced at least 10 times since date of purchase.
Getting a service man to come to do repairs is very difficult as they are so busy it make take 5-7 days for service and when they do show up they don't have the parts on hand and have to order and reschedule and hope that they bring the right part. In the meantime I am inconvenienced by being forced to go the laundromat to do my laundry.
We purchase Maintenance Protection for the above appliances but that still does not account for the inconvenience of having to leave our home to do laundry. On several occassions when I did have to use the Maintenance Protection, Sear's did come out and repair the unit not working only to have to come out again several months later to address the same problem they had indicated has been repaired.
We bought the top of the line and it is discouraging that we did not get the quality that we were supposed to be buying.
I would never recommend Kenmore products to anyone, nor will I ever purchase another Kenmore product myself.