Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation / KSRTC / Booking failed but money debited from account!

1 India Review updated:

I used KSRTC online booking facility for the second time. First experience was good (except that initially the conductor himself looked kind of uncomfortable with the new type of ticket he had not seen).

But during my recent experience, when I clicked on final 'confirm' button of transaction on credit card, I got the message that "transaction aborted". No other details like reason of abortion were mentioned.

Next day I realized that the money was deducted from the credit card. I can see another complaint on the net with similar experience. More problematic part of the episode is there is no contact number for these kind of complaints. Looks like there is no easy way to get the money back.

sachin.

Comments

31st of Aug, 2007

Even i too had the same experience with KSRTC online booking. But this happened thrice in month for me since i am a frequent traveler. I came to know about this only after when i saw my credit card statement. I made complaints to the email id's mentioned in KSRTC website with the details of my transaction. Once i got a response like, you will get the amount refunded to your account soon. I got nothing. I mailed them back again 3 to 4 times. I got reply for my mail in the 4th attempt. They asked me to contact the accounts department by mentioning the number 22221321 on that mail. I tried many times, i got zero response from them. Nobody is there to pick the call. The total amount which i need to get refund is more than one thousand rupees.

Do anyone give me grievance cell telephone number of Karnataka state government.

• Su
      17th of Sep, 2007

I tried to book a bus ticket from Kannur/ Cannanore to Bangalore using the www.ksrtc.in website, but due to some technical issues the ticket was not booked and the website returned an error message. The ticket charge of Rs. 306 was charged for 5 times from my credit card. I wrote many e-mail to the e-mail ids provided and no reply. As usual no response from onlinerefund@ksrtc.org.
    They really sucked me. I am going to challenge the charge with the card issuer. Also I am thinking to approach the Consumer forum and file a case against KSRTC on this fradulent activity. It is unacceptable.
    I would like to know if any one interested to jon with me for filing case?

Sujith

• Ni
      23rd of Sep, 2007

I completely agree with all of the above comments. The online refund procedure is not at all efficient. I am stuck and don't how to proceed further. Anybody have the numbers or address where I can complain about this.

• Je
      25th of Sep, 2007

Dear Friends

i also had the same experience of money debited from my account. So please do the same to get back your money.

Call : 22221321 ext: 283
    Contact Person: Rizwan

Give him the Ref No and he will be able to help you.

1st of Oct, 2007

i too had the same problem in bookings and lost more than Rs. 1400 in two attempts. no response from the email id given in their website. my credit card bank is asking me to send s fax with all details to dispute the transactions. will inform here if i get any success from my bank's side

• Pe
      12th of Oct, 2007

When you make a transaction using a credit card it is the safest way that NO ONE can cheat you. As a Customer you have a mechanism to dispute the transaction. When a dispute arises on a transaction the Bank/Issuer of the Card will contact the merchant asking them for the receipt of the transaction which obviously in your case KSRTC will not be able to provide and hence you will be credited the money. Where the transaction is in dispute you do not have give the interest on those transaction amount till it is solved either ways and if it is against you only then you pay interest. GLTA...

• Ra
      12th of Nov, 2007

I had booked 2 seats for 11/11/2007 from the Online reservation centre, Cannanore. Bus start point is from Cannanore KSRTC Stand and End point Mysore bus stand. Pickup point time at Cannanore was 14.50 hours. We reached at stand at 14.25 hours. Then the in charge of the Resrvation Centre directed me to go to Iritty. There the bus will wait till 16.15 hours. This change was happened due to some mechanical defect of the bus. From where will I get the charges to go to Iritty? It will get from the conductor,he replied. But the conductor refused to refund the charges. If this is their attitude we can expect from them one day a direction " Today the bus trip cancelled. So everyone can go to Mysore bus stand at your own expense. " Most of the travelers are passive. They are not ready to take risk to oppose. It is the manure for the KSRTC. Everyone should approach the Consumer court for the excess paid + for a compensation amount . Only Rs.100/- and paper work is the expenses. An Advocate's service is not necessary. To day I will give a notice all the opposition party's including the bus conductor KA 09 F 2968 through KSRTC and to the booking in charge. ( My ticket No: 5521169 PNR: Z92917799 dated 10/11/2007.)

5th of Jun, 2008

I have had a similar experience. I was trying to book a return ticket from madurai to bangalore and the transaction was completed. The amount is debited from my credit card and accounts to 1506/-. But in the booking history only onward journey ticket is visible. I have the KSRTC reference number for both transactions. Kindly let me know whom I need to contact regarding the same.

• De
      11th of Nov, 2008

I too lost 1662 Rs :( .Booked ticket for Banglore to Trivandrum.Booking History shows only the correct transaction.Whom should i contact?Please help

• Sh
      11th of Nov, 2010

i think these people are not less than any cheats, i faced a similar problem too. there was 16 available & when i booked & made the payment thru my card, after which i get a msg which says the seat that i booked is already taken by somebody & contact helpdesk for refund. Absolute crap happening with ksrtc. The best thing one can do is contact your bank and let them know about the situation and insist on a dispute on the charges. And hopefull the bank will take care of it as i did mine. Never ever go online to book tkts, especially with ksrtc. Horrible experience.

• Ha
      6th of Jan, 2011

I too had a similar experience in Dec 2010. e-mails to onlinerefund@ksrtc.org yielded no result. there was no-one to pick phone at the 080-22221321 number. Once I got through and then was put on hold for eternity. I have now disputed the transaction with my bank. If nothing moves in the next 10 days, I am moving consumer court against them charging them for deficiency of service and financial fraud.

• Pv
      17th of Jun, 2011

I have lost 730 Rs for my booking too. Following up continously with no luck :( - Pramod

• Ra
      22nd of Sep, 2011

Hi yesterday on 21/09/2011 my hunty travel from naidulayout to kammakandiga. on that time a small accident her ear was cutter and lot of blood was soaring. but the driver and conductor was not do the first aid, all the passengers was tolled to stop the bus and do the first aid immediately but they con't do bus was not stopped. the driver and conductors are irresponsible persons. we request you to please take the necessary action to the driver and conductor. this is my humble request. THE BUS NO. KA40 F511