JustAnswer.com / vet advice hurt my dog

United States Review updated:

Dr. Wade should not be offering advice on this website! The advice was absolutely wrong! My poor dog is now at the vets. She has been vomiting non-stop since 2 hours after giving the aspirin.

I am worried sick I may lose her. We are waiting for the blood work to come back to find out how bad it is. I will never trust anything I read on the internet again...

Dr. Wade (If he really is a doctor) told me to give my dog aspirin which can be lethal if combined with rimydyl... The drug I stated she was on. I was unaware of this fact and gave her the aspirin. Now she is critically ill.
====================================================
Dear surfsista,

It is not uncommon for dogs to have pain at the injection site, it will usually subside in a day or 2 after getting the shots. Try to avoid petting or touching the injection areas. You could give a small dose of aspirin tonight if needed. For a small chihuahua I would give a 1/2 tablet of the 81 mg aspirin will a meal, not on an empty stomach. If the dog is restless with the vaccinations you could also give 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of liquid benadryl.

Hope you dog gets to feeling better soon.
==================================================
Dear surfsista,

It could be any of the above. I would do the aspirin tonight and get her into the vet tomorrow to have her checked out unless it resolves with aspirin.

Best wishes,

Please press accept if you find my answer helpful. Feedback and bonuses for good work are always appreciated!
Thanks for the opportunity to help you!
==================================================
I just gave less than a quarter of a 325mg regular strength aspirin. She weighs 9.5 lbs. I hope I did not give her too much?? I gave her around 75mg. Is this too much for a 9.5 lb dog?
===================================================
I just looked up rimadyl and aspirin it states you are not supposed to mix the two. See above where I gave her rimadyl about 3 hours ago. I just gave her aspirin with it... About 75mg.

I'm very worried I have overdosed her!
No response from dr. Wade
===================================================
Just as a follow-up to anyone reading this website. I ended up calling the animal poison control hotline and it was a good thing I did.

Mixing rimadyl with aspirin is deadly. Not only that but I found out the rimadyl prescription was too high a dose for her and the aspirin I gave was too high as well...

The poison center instructed me to giver her 1/2 of a 10mg pepsid 2x a day for 5 days and 1 teaspoon of magnesium one time only. The vet told me to take her off all medicine except for the pepsid. If she shows signs of stomach problems (Not eating, vomiting, diarrhea) or has black tarry stools, she will need to see a vet right away. She will not be out of the woods for 3 long days. She may develop a serious ulcer from this mistake.

I feel so bad that I made this mistake! This is a very good example why you should not follow internet advice online! Had the vet who responded here actually read what I wrote above "i gave her a pain pill rimadyl and flagyl. " he would not have instructed me to give her an aspirin!

I only pray she does not have damage to her stomach from this serious mistake.

This online service is majorly flawed, do not take any advice offered here...

=====================================================
Now my dog is at the vets undergoing tests for severe stomach distress. I'm worried sick.

• Gary Cote's Response, Jun 14, 2018

I have not been told what just answer will do.

• Eric Rubin's Response, Aug 12, 2018

I have just semnt my complaint and have not received any reply yet

Comments

• Wi
      Dec 30, 2008

It also sounds like your original vet should of prescribed the correct dose of Rimadyl for your dog. Rimadyl by itself can cause a lot of gastrointestinal distress. Any kind of medical advice whether it be for animal or human is not reliable through the internet.

• Do
      Jan 07, 2009

Dear surfsista,

I am writing to apologize for the miscommunication we had. The issue with this case is that your dog initially was on the wrong dose of Rimadyl and that you gave your dog too high a dose of aspirin (double the recommended). In my professional experience as a practicing veterinarian, I believe that if both the Rimadyl and Aspirin were given at the correct dose one time that there would not have been a clinical problem. I truly hope that your dog has made a full recovery and I am genuinely sorry.

Bryan J. Wade, DVM

• Su
      Feb 01, 2009

As an update. Bella had many issues, not just the Rimadyl and Aspirin, although they were contributing factors.

After many tests and thousands of dollars later, it was determined that Bella had disc disease and required surgery. She is recovering and doing very well!

Still this was a lesson! Do be very careful taking any advice on the internet and do consult the animal poison control center
    800-548-2423 if you have questions about what to give your baby not the internet!

• Gr
      Jun 20, 2009

No problem using Justanswer.com in my experience. I asked a technical question about my boat and received professional accurate information in a matter of minutes, the boat expert even answered my follow up questions at no charge. Ultimately, the website cost me $9 to get the right answer to fix my boat correctly, this was after paying my local boat shop over $250 and they still could not resolve my problem.

I would not hesitate using Justanswer.com in the future, you just have to use common sense on the answers that you are given.

• Ro
      Aug 14, 2018
    JustAnswer - Charges to my VISA Account on July 22 or 23
    Leawood
    Kansas

This is the only info I have as to the service or product you supposed to provide.

Reverse the charges to my VISA Account last for digits 4928

Class Action Litigation will follow if the charges are not reversed immediately

Rodger R. Rudkin
    (913 491 5215
    Leawood KS 66209

• Ns
      Aug 15, 2018
    JustAnswer - unauthorized credit card charges
    Australia

I only consented to the $5.00 free trial and now see a pending charge of 48.00 on my bank account. I do not consent to this and not only this but I didnot receive the answer to my question.

JustAnswer - Repairman 800-240-1371 CA
    Canada

Your method of payment is most deceitful & misleading.
    I now find on my statement you have charged me twice for the service - $5.00 original & then $49.00 twice on July 24/2018. How do I now proceed to get my overpayment back? I would never recommend Just Answer & not too sure now what is my alternative for getting a refund of overpayment.

• Ne
    justanswer.com - credit card charges
    unknown
    justanswer.com

Trying to have my wife's medicare active 01-01-19 when I tried on line had to give credit card number for 5.00 hung on the phone for 30 minutes or more with no answer called medicare got the answer needed but they are 2 charges on my card today the 5.00 and 33.00 with no answer them.

• Ga
    Just Answer - Service
    Detroit
    Michigan

I signed up for a answer which was for $5.00 and I was billed for additional charges from my credit card.

JustAnswer - Authorizing billing
    Littleton
    Colorado
    justanswer.com

They're advertising $5.00 and then add $42.00 more. They automatically put you into a 7 day free trial. Which they don't tell you. When thE 7 day period is over you are automatically put into a monthly period. non of which do thy tell you about!!! Unethical!!! I now want to tell everyone that JustAnswer is not to be trusted, horrible company!!!

• Ol
    JustAnswer - Unauthorised Credit Card Charge
    United Kingdom

JustAnswer *Solicitor

You made an authorised charge on my credit card ending 4134 for the sum of £47.00 on Tuesday 15 May 2018.

I completed the payment form with my credit card details, but did not proceed with the transaction and closed my webpage browser. I therefore did not authorise this credit card charge so I am requesting a full refund.

• Li
      Aug 20, 2018
    JustAnswer - billing my credit card twice
    Pahrump
    Nevada

i paid for my service. you have now charged my account for the same thing. I have only used your service once. please remove me and credit my account with the money you took. I want it back in my account. this is stupid. thank you

• Dp
    JustAnswer - Just Answer Me
    Weston
    Ohio

I asked just 2 questions in 2017 at $38.00 each, but my year end bank statement shows me that I was billed 14 times on my credit card for a total of $584.00

I would like a refund of overcharges in the amount of $508.00 and cancelation of any membership and my name and all info related to me deleted from your files.

• St
      Aug 20, 2018
    JustAnswer - charge during trial period

I signed up for their 7day trial and was charged $5 on 19 June. I placed one question with them but never did check on their answer. I went to their site to delete my account but it said I was not a member. I noticed they billed me $24 on
    22 Jun. If the first 7 days are suppose to be free, why am I getting billed?
    order id #
    19052330-467

• Ta
      Aug 21, 2018
    JustAnswer - Internet company for answering questions re law health etc
    On line
    Justask.Com

Your site advertises as queries are responded to quickly
    I paid $69 and waited for an hour
    When complained, only then was I informed the lawyer had 30 days to get back to me
    So wrong ALL info should be up front

• Al
    JustAnswer - Membership 800-240-1371us
    Australia

My credit card has been debited $US46.00 . I am not aware that I have authorised this payment. I have no wish to use your service as I have informed you on previous occasions. Please will you return this money immediately
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Alan Bryce

• Er
    JustAnswer - Mobile
    Israel

On or about the 22nd July I sent in a request to help me with my Google password on my mobile. I received no advice whatsoever and was charged twice on the 22nd and 29th of July, 166 NIS each time.
    Please credit my card with these amounts and apologise for this disgusting behaviour

• Br
    JustAnswer - Your serive taking money with out my consent
    Waikerie
    South Australia
    Australia

Money was taken from my account and I never received any advice at all, please have the money returned to Brooke E Scroop's account asap.

Not impressed at all

Photos attached of amounts taken and my account details so I can have my money back.

• Da
      Aug 28, 2018
    JustAnswer - I was supposed to get simple service and got -----=------ NOTHING
    Israel

i am complaining for the monthly charges despite the fact that I was not answered, not served and did not use your service - if you have one at all.
    On the spot when I got no reply to my question which was simple - I informed you that I don't want to deal with you.
    despite you charge me.

JustAnswer - mechanical
    Melbourne
    Victoria
    Australia

I recently asked a question on your site regarding the brake rotors on my 2004 Renault scenic, I did NOT get a response & yet you have charged me for this enquiry A total of $43 was withdrawn from my credit card. I now ask you to refund this amount & do NOT make any further withdrawal's. This is the last time I will use this site Very Very unhappy

• Lu
      Sep 02, 2018
    JustAnswer - Unauthorized credit card charges

On 12/4/17 I was charged $40 for Just Answer membership. I did no authorize this charge and want a refund to my Marriott Visa account as soon as possible. I paid $5 for one answer. I was charged, then refunded $25 for Just Answer Technical Help.

Sep 05, 2018
    Just Answer - Membership Fee
    Australia

No authorisation has been given to take a membership fee of $62 from my visa account. One question was asked regarding health. I paid the $5 deposit, then a further $43. Did not even get a satisfactory answer, only an answer to call the doctor for another fee. I do not wish to use any further services from this company. Please refund my $62.

• Br
      Sep 10, 2018
    JustAnswer - Just answer
    METLAKATLA
    Alaska

I was looking at my bank statement and saw that there was one fifteen dollar charge and one thirty dollar charge! Unbelievable

• To
      Sep 11, 2018
    JustAnswer - Cessation of mmebership, service and credit card charges
    New Zealand

I am having monthly deductions of NZ$49 deducted from my Visa credit card account. I wish to cancel my membership and cease the charges to my account, effective immediately.
    Membership: 0800452621
    Name: Tony Ussher

• Ju
      Oct 02, 2018
    JustAnswer - Unauthorized credit card charges
    Valley Village
    California

I went on this site one time and just found out they are continuing to charge me. I have not been on this site any other time than the one time. I had asked a medical question and got the same answer(not even helpful) from the same doctor over and over again.

Oct 21, 2018
    Just Answer - did not sign up for memebership
    Elyria
    Ohio
    justanswer.com

i just checked my bank account, and saw a charge for this just answer co. I DID NOT sign up for this service!!

• Sh
      Oct 27, 2018
    JustAnswer - recurring payments on my credit
    Austin
    Texas

I think I used Just Answer once and and paid for it. I never authorized recurring payments on my credit card ending in 0798. I want this stopped and refunded for October.

Sharon/Conrad January

• Gi
      Oct 28, 2018
    Just Answers - Legal Advice
    Westport
    Massachusetts
    Australia

I find that this company, having my credit card details, deducted $45.00 from that account, without any reason or me asking any question, legal or otherwise, and I want a refund.

• Me
      Nov 13, 2018
    JustAnswer - I asked Just answer a question which was supposes to be free. They charged m $29 and $5

I asked just answer a simple question which was supposed to be free. you charged my Visa Card $29.00 and $5.00. Please remove these charges from my credit card immediately

• Jh
      Nov 13, 2018
    JustAnswer - Billing on my Credit Card Account
    Converse
    Texas
    grasp211.org

I have a $5. and a $35 charge on my Corporate Credit Card Account which I did not authorize. Please refund the amount.

Reference # 5543 2866 327000 333065128 $5.00

Nov 20, 2018
    JustAnswer - Your Expert Just Answer Service
    Bristol, England, Avon
    United Kingdom

I wish to cancel my subscription to your service and have advised Capital Mastercard accordingly so no more payments must be taken from my credit card.

Alan Woolley