Jpmorgan Chase / innappropriate fees

1 6705 S Loganberry WayBoise, ID, United States Review updated:
Phone: 208-362-0832

While I've heard over and over about your poor services and how your company is doing processes to harm your customers and just out right steal from customers I never thought I'd have the quality of service I have experienced from a fortune 500 company like yours. Your company needs to remember who the customer is and that it is the AMERICAN customers that have made your company as large as it is and treating them as you are and continue to will make loyal customers like myself take our business to someone who cares about the customer who pays their bills. Dave Ramsey has nothing good to say about your company and others like it as you randomly choose to increase interest rates, charge fees that are excessive and false which leads to my problem as I analyzed my bills and astronomical fees your business has charged me I discovered many that were false and incorrect which is why I'm contacting you about the service I received and why I closed 4 accounts and transferred our retirement funds to another provider.

From 5/13/2009 till 7/14 your bank charged me $850 in fees over the measly 2 months. To start I noticed a fee charged on 5-13 for returned check for a pay off to my credit card at CapitalOne. I actually made the payment through your online bill pay and the payment was paid but for some reason it showed the payment paid and then hit me for a return check fee on the same charge. I'm not sure how this happened but that's not possible for something paid through the online payment plan which also generated a charge from CapitalOne for $29 that you owe.

Then your process is to pay checks from the largest to the smallest so that once you take the largest payment if the funds are negative you can then charge fees on more checks as the lower ones charging $34 per check causing a chain reaction. When contacting the employees at my local branch they stated they do this so the "important ones like cars and rent get paid first". Well you and I both know this is false what processing them in this manner does is give the higher probability to getting more fees and this is unacceptable.

The next set of major fees in question that I don't feel responsible for were the charges on 6/29/09-6/30/09 totaling $340 in fees for $119.92 in checks making even Money Tree a better deal than your bank, they call that loan sharking in most states and illegal. all of these charges were made on 6-24 and 6-25 and you chose to process the $190 Wal-Mart check that was charged on the 28th prior to all of the others causing a snowball affect and to totally burry us financially.

I then contacted your support to deal with the issue and discovered the representative didn't speak English and could understand a word coming out of my mouth just adding insult to injury. After about 30 minutes of trying to explain how your company just ripped me off and getting nowhere I asked for someone who speaks English as a first language and is located in the states so the representative sent me to another rep that again didn't speak any better English which I was blatantly told I could not have an American representative that understands English. With all the phishing scams out there of foreign countries trying to get bank information for Americans you have the nerve to put a 3rd world nation in charge of my money and having access to all my information for identity theft and to assist in stealing my money, this is unacceptable. I then told the representative that I could see I was getting nowhere with any of them as they don't understand a word I'm saying and that they needed to close all accounts immediately and not to allow for any more fees or charges from his point on.

As soon as I got off the phone I shot an email to your executive office and explained my issue and again that you were "FIRED" and needed to close all accounts and not allow for another charge, fee, check, deposit, etc into any account and that when I get poor customer service from any business when I call I will not continue to use them. Tis is why I do not shop at Lowes, WalMart, Amazon, or any other business that seems to forget who butters their bread and treats their customers like any of you do.

After about 4 days I got a call from the executive office and they left a message on my voicemail so I again returned the call and again told the representative from the executive office that treating customers the way your business has decided to treat us we will continue to "FIRE" you and again close my accounts so no further charges, fees, checks, deposits or anything will go through the accounts.

Imagine my surprise as I watched over the next couple of weeks on an account that was not suppose to be having any activity rip me off for another $170 in fees when I had told 3 people now that this account was to have no more activity. What's worst I even received a fee on Jul 10, 2009 that registered a fee for Jul 9th when the charge went through. The great part about this was on the 10th at 1am we signed in to the account to see if the account was still open so that my paycheck would get rejected but noticed it was still open and my paycheck was deposited. at 1am both the wife and I saw the account actually showed a deposit and no other checks or anything so imagine our surprise the next morning when we discovered not only the deposit that went in but also an additional check and of course your great $34 fee for a check and you dated the processing of the check the previous day even though at 1am that check was not listed anywhere.

Finally after 7/14 I went in to the bank and explained I wanted the accounts closed for the 4th time and the representative stated they couldn't close it that day but would close it the following day (Saturday) as long as it was still positive and cash out funds currently in the account. When I explained why I was leaving Chase after being a customer of that branch and WAMU for 10 years I got no response or even so much as an apology for the poor service your business provides since taking over WAMU who believed in providing good customer service and even took the time to utilize mystery shoppers to verify great service.

I believe your bank owes me a total $573 in fees due to your processes and service I have received from your company and believe if I discover any kind of identity theft against myself your company will be responsible for it since the overseas agents are more likely candidates so I am in the process of getting all my credit reports and will continue to monitor them for changes. These fees are your way of legally stealing my money and I will take legal action if this is not taken care of as I feel the majority of the fees would not have happened if you truly had the customers best interest at heart.

My account was
[protected] (closed finally)

Comments

• Si
      23rd of Sep, 2009

I 100% agree... this exact thing happens to me frequently and I'm getting set to fight it.

1st of Oct, 2009

I am beginning to file lawsuit again Chase as well for overdraft fraud and misleading me on multiple occasions. Let's band together and file a joint suit! We need to unite.

1st of Oct, 2009

I bank with Chase and HATE IT! Does anyone else have the problem of having direct deposit and seeing the deposit in their account on the morning it is supposed to be there with no other pending debits and as the day progresses they list all debits and checks before the deposit so it shows a negative balance? I am waiting for the day they try to charge me an overdraft fee. My direct deposit is always there at 12:01 am on the correct day, but somehow by the end of the day they show the balance as negative or very low because theykeep the deposit listed after the debits, even though it was the first thing listed in the morning. It was like this when they were still WAMU also. And don't get me started on the foreign country you have to call to have them attempt to tell you about your account that has AMERICAN MONEY in it!! I just had to vent that!

• Va
      5th of Oct, 2009

I am having the same problem with them now... 17 overdrafts in the past 8 months all while having a positive balance. A fraud charge in april and by sept i got my first piece of mail from them saying there is nothing they can do due to me not sending any information back to them. I had called 3 times asking for the papers I needed and never recieving them. I now have my acct frozen due to 2 more fraud charges. I froze my acct and started a claim. Its been one week so I though I would call and see what is going on since now my savings acct has been emptied and in the neg. now. Come to find out there was no claim started!! I finally asked them to email the papers to me. Shortly later I get an email with an encrypted file. I forwarded the email to a branch manager at a nearby branch, she couldnt open it either. Finally she got ahold of someone and ended up faxing the papers to me. I have never had so much frustration with a bank. I am now nearing 2, 000 dollars lost to chase. The feedback I have gotten back is" its ok that you have lost money, we all do" and " I am sorry to hear that but there is nothing we can do right now".

• To
      12th of Oct, 2009

JP Morgan is a Nazi bank and their logo is similar to the Nazii swatzikia:

• Fr
      12th of Jun, 2010

The lost 2 checks and different person give me different kind of excuse and answer, their attitude is condescending and rude. (Collection center - Corretta and Serman oaks location Nasrin. ) AFter 2 months of frustration they finally give me back my money and yet no apologies has been made. I am taking my money somewhere else.

• Fr
      12th of Jun, 2010

Also when I cash those 2 checks (10K - not small amount), there is hidden transaction fee per check 77$+56$ which is in addition to the 45$. they keep blaming the other end, and even after the other bank provides prove that Chase made a mistake, there is still no apologies giving me all kinds of wrong information, the whole experience was upsetting and even though I am a customer still being treated like worst then a janitor working for them.

• St
      16th of Jun, 2010
    JP Morgan Chase - I guess its time to revisit my bank and switch to a customer friendly bank
    JP Morgan Chase
    jpmorganchase.com

I have been a loyal chase client for over 10 years. I've had a chase credit card for 20 years. I missed 1 credit card paymnet = when i was out of work, I just received a letter threatning legal action.

I have my banking, IRA and mortgage (no delinquent payments) with chase. I guess its time to revisit my bank and switch to a customer friendly bank.

• Wa
      28th of Sep, 2010

Even its Executive Offie at P.O. Box 19020, Houston, Texas 77224 is very unkind and not helpful when asking about my Debit Card being closed due to some Computer Issue with Aldi Grocery Store. Its Fraud Dept. treated me like SCAM, never informed me of the closure, and they have been delaying sending our replaqcement card(s). Their Tel. No. is 800-242-7399.