Jitterbug Phone / Rude Customer Service -- Poor Service

I ran into a lady at the airport as I was fiddling with my mother's jitterbug. I was frustrated and trying to get a hold of a CSR to dispute the billing. She chuckled as she told me she had a friend that used to work at the company. Her friend would not buy a jitterbug for her mother due to the billing issues and lack of service. She told me that her friend was overworked and under appreciated -- and that she complained about the management that was notorious for lying to staff and customers. We had a delightful conversation and somehow I cannot forget her as I look at my mother's jitterbug. I have read the jitterbug blogs. I only wish I had done so sonner. Everything in these blogs is true! Jitterbug is really a scam. I am researching other handsets for my mother. In doing so, I truly don't believe the company understands their demographics.

Sa

Comments

• To
      5th of Feb, 2010

Now there is a better alternative on the market called the Just 5. It’s got the big buttons for easy dialing and the selling point for me was the SOS button feature. The phone allows you to program up to 4 numbers which are connected to the SOS button on the back of the phone. In the event of an emergency you can press the SOS button and the phone will automatically begin dialing the 4 numbers you have preset (like 911 or your doctor, etc..)until someone answers. When they do answer, the phone automatically goes into speakerphone mode so you can communicate quickly and get the help you might need. Also, when the SOS button is activated, an alarm sounds to let those around you know you need help. The buttons are big, the perfect size actually, and the display screen shows the numbers in large, easy to see format. The volume of the ringer and the speaker are loud and clear, making it easy to hear while using the phone. It’s a perfect phone to have, easy to use and not bad looking either. It comes in several different colors. My mom loves it and I’m so glad I was able to get it for her. Here’s the website where I found out about the Just 5: http://www.just5.com

• Aw
      18th of Jan, 2011

Everytime I see a complaint about the Jitterbug, Sue Weaver puts in this scripted message asking someone to contact her. The complaints are too many to be recorded at this point. The phone is a scam in every way shape and form. Preying on the elderly.