Jiffy Lube / rip off

1 700 Milam StreetHouston, TX, United States Review updated:

We went to Jiffy Lube to get an oil change. We were suprised to see that their prices have gone up to almost $40 an oil change.

They said the prices have gone up because the price of oil has gone up. However, that is not true! Oil had gone up to $147/ barrell several months ago, but due to the recession it is down to $53/ barrell.

Jiffy Lube was quick to raise its price when oil went up but now that oil is one-third the price it was just five months ago, they are unwilling to bring the prices back down.

To add insult to injury, they now charge to fill up antifreeze/ coolant which used to be free. They wanted to charge us $2.99/ per quart for antifreeze. I told them I could buy antifreeze for $8/ gallon and I was not going to be gauged by them!

Va

Comments

• Tr
      6th of Nov, 2009

Jiffy Lube up in PA stole several items of electronics as well as my sons wallet from the car while it was getting an oil change. We tried to deal with the Jiffy Lube, without luck. We than called the corp. office and they blew us off as well.

How in the hell does this company stay in bussiness ! THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND THEY SUCK.

• Tr
      6th of Nov, 2009

Jiffy Lube is a RIP OFF.

They stole our wallet as well as camera and GPS while changing our oil.

How does such a rip off company stay in business. The Gov. should take action.

• Fn
      10th of Jan, 2010

stop complaining about prices you idiot.i have an idea just for you-you cheap ###.why don't you do your own oil change and just to let you know-oil prices at the stores don't go down so suck it!!!

• St
      1st of Oct, 2011

Funny how the only comment defending Jiffy Lube is from a part owner and he shows intelligence with his sign on and his education. This is why I do not do business with this type of people.