Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd.poor customer service

I am Dissapointed with the way that Jetstar would not even look at my compaint over the phone. they could not even help me sort my booking issues out. The girl I spoke to suggested just paying again.

Below is the letter that I sent them:

3 February 2009

Customer Relationship Manager
Jetstar Airways Pty. Ltd.
GPO Box 4713
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001

Dear Sir/Maddam:
This letter is to complain about service I recently received from a Jetstar Airways Pty. Ltd. customer service representative named Felecia when I called regarding booking reference “*******”

I called Jetstar Airways Pty. Ltd. on the 3rd day of Febuary 2009 to find out how to deal with a problem I’ve had with flights that I have booked. After I had been on hold for several minutes, Felecia came on the line. I had to explain my problem to her several times because she did not seem to be listening and therefore asked me the same questions repeatedly. Felecia put me on hold for several minutes, and then returned to say she could not help me. When I asked to speak to a manager at Jetstar Airways Pty. Ltd. She said that she could not help me, said “goodbye sir” and hung up on me. Needless to say, I was (and still am) quite frustrated.

I then called Jetstar Airways Pty. Ltd. again on that day to speak to a manager. My call was answered promptly by Fibi and she was put in a hard position as she could not put me onto a manager. She was as helpful as she could be in the situation. I do not believe that I should have to be writing this letter, my problems should have been sorted out while I was on the phone.

I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. Because I do not want to spend any more time on this problem, I am cancelling my flights immediately, and I expect a full refund (less any fees that are applicable). I also deal in customer service based industry and not only will I be informing my friends and family about this experience, you can expect that every customer I deal with (usually 80 individuals per month) will hear about my bad experience with your company.
I would appreciate it if someone from your company could call me and confirm the receipt of this letter and I will at this time pass on my bank account details for a refund.

Comments

• Mh
      Feb 26, 2009

My problem began back in November 2007 when having booked six fares with Jetstar (all had to be done individually) I later claimed "double the difference" between a Brisbane to Christchurch fare as a cheaper fare for the same journey was available with Virgin Blue.
    The Jetstar operator on 12 November 2007 went off line and checked my claim, then informed me that we would receive two vouchers in the post valued at $148 each.
    Four weeks later I rang Jetstar to be told that the vouchers could take up to 8 weeks. After nine weeks I rang Jetstar again and spoke with a Nick who informed me that he would check to see if I had ever made the call to Jetstar on 12 November. No I had not he informed me.
    A further conversation with Chris (Manager Inbound Sales) got me no further than insisting I would have to write in. Letter duly posted 4 Jan 2008 and reply received 27 February 2008 advising "they will try and investigate", please allow at least eight weeks for this to occur.
    One registered letter to CEO Joyce (now CEO Qantas) sent 28 April 2008, two letters to Managers Melbourne & Christchurch sent 10 October 2008 and still waiting for a reply...

• Su
      Mar 12, 2009

I have never had such a bad experience as with Jetstar! Basically, they sucked!!!

I arrived 1 hour plus before the departure time on Jan 23 2009 in Changi Airport Singapore, to fly to Melbourne. We were told that we were not allowed to get on board due to overweight. I requested for full refund of the tickets which costed SGD 2376.15. The so called Jetstar Agents told they would inform the company about my request. But when requested a printout as a proof of this incident, they told me they couldn't do it. I could only call to the service office in Singapore to check and request. I did and was confirmed that I would receive the refund in 3~6 weeks.

However, two months passed, the refund has not made to my credit card account. So I had to call the office. But the girl started to ask me for a print-out proof! I told them this is rediculous!!! Jetstar is just playing games! She put me on hold for quite a while and told me the refund would be done in 5~10 days. I questioned her why they did not refund me as promised. The girl became really nasty, said "I don't know anything about our ground staff!" and banged the phone!

Jetstar Airways Pty Limited - SUCKS!!!

• Ci
      Nov 26, 2012
    Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd - customer service
    jetstar airways pty ltd
    Australia

Jetstar customer experience manager Michael Mirabito
    Analyst Kylie
    Analyst Joy in China XJDA02

Jetstar cacelled my flight reserved under F6RT5M. they've reumburseed the taxi ride from airport to hotel and from hotel to airport for other customers. but they rejected to do so for me.

this is unfair, and discrimination. I've complained to all the above people. and what i receive is just a heartless letter without any explanations. they've been ignoring my complaint and not responding ever since. pls tell me how i can get this company's attention and response.

Cindy Zhao