Jennifer Convertible / no quality assurance inspection on imported goods
I paid cash for a leather sofa on may 5th, 2006 in the amount of $1,356.27 and set-up delivery for may 30, 2006. On the day of delivery the delivery men were obviously in a rush and jilted my door on the way in with my sofa, rendering my top lock useless. The sofa itself was ripped at the reclining section with the steel mechanism sticking out. This caused the back of the sofa to be alighned incorrectly by approx 5 inches. I called the showroom and was assured a new sofa by mary the showroom manager. Delivery was set-up for june 21st. I waited in on june 21st only to find our that the truck with my sofa had been impounded for unpaid tickets. I then had to take a 3rd day off work on june 28th. I called the showroom the day before to make sure that my sofa would be delivered before 5pm as my building has restrictions. I waited in all day until 5pm and the truck was a no show. I called the district manager, michael gale the same day (june 28th). He only just got back to me today, july 10th. I have been told that I can wait in 5 hours again or wait 14 days for a refund, even though I paid cash! I cannot take a 4th day off work nor can I sit on a floor for 2 weeks to wait on my refund to invest the time to look again for another sofa.
Jennifer Convertible has no quality assurance inspection on imported goods which means the merchandise is put on a boat from japan or wherever and shipped to new jersey without ever being opened and checked! The delivery company is a separate entitiy from Jennifer Convertible so nobody can be held accountable for the common delivery issues!
Who is in charge at Jennifer Convertible? Where is the company structure!
Why does it not say in the worry free guarantee that you may have to take 4 days off work for nothing and make around 20 phone calls, all to no avail?
1274 SECOND AVENUE
NY, NY 10021
More Jennifer Convertible Complaints & Reviews
- Jennifer Convertibles - scam warranty 
- Jennifer Convertibles Sofa Company - warranty issue and terrible cust svc! 
- Jennifer Convertibles - delivery problems 
- Jennifer Convertibles - warranty issues 
- Jennifer Convertible - worst retailer! 
- Jennifer Convertibles - non delivery of 
- Jennifer Convertibles - delivery and service and waiting for a replacement table
- Jennifer Convertibles - sleeper sofa
- Jennifer Convertibles - the way I was treated by a salesperson in your store milford ct
- Jennifer Convertibles - sofa chemical used