Jcpenny (Ge Money Bank) / erroneous postings to credit bureau
I am a 53 year old female who just starting getting a negative notation on a credit reporting agency for past due accounts. The account was a JC penny account that was owned by an ex-husband who I divorced 9 years ago. The account was opened in 1974. I was a student at college during that time and did not even know the person who opened the account. I married this person in 1992 and divorced him in 1999. Just in the last 5 months have I ever heard of this account, which was being put on by credit report as past due. I investigated it and found that my ex-husband died in January. I have tried to dispute this, but a supervisor at JCPenny dispute could not give me any information. She just stated that someone put me on the card as a co-holder of the account. I asked if just anyone could call and put someone on an account, she stated yes. I have requested anything with my signature on it, but this can not be produced. I have never used any card or heard of it. It is the only negative thing on my account. I am trying to put a child threw college and have always had good credit. HELP!!! What are my recourses???
More Jcpenny (Ge Money Bank) Complaints & Reviews
- J.C Penney Hair Salon - jc penney hair salon 
- JCPenney - men in women's dressing room's 
- JC Penney Optical - under trained people working ing in the optical department 
- JC Penney Salon - horrible stylists! 
- JCPenney - employee abuse 
- JC Penney Company - salon.
- JC Penney Company - poor management 
- JC Penney Optical - eyeglasses
- JC Penney Company - coupon for a roaster.
- JC Penney Company - wrongful termination