JCPenney / returns / customer service

1 Garden city NY, United States Review updated:

Garden city Ny location has many racist workers at this location. I have encountered this on many occasions. Remarks aren't said but attitude is clear. Cashiers need to be trained or hired without bias. My last transaction was an attempt to make an exchange and Noel the cashier was extremely disrespectful but she isn't the only cashier I've encountered with a clear racial attitude. Please send a white secret shopper with an exchange missing receipt and you will see what I'm referencing. Thank you.

Jo
Aug 11, 2017

Comments

Br
  11th of Aug, 2017

I am African American myself and let me tell you that. THIS IS NOT RACISM. Please stop making us look like we claim racism whenever we don't get our way. Clearly this has to do with you not having your receipt. Also for those commenting please don't judge all black people based on the opinion of a foolish lady. Not all of us racism and discrimination without proof. Only a select few do, and when they do they make it harder for all of us to be believed when we are really discriminated against. I have experienced discrimination, but this is not discrimination. Just some foolish lady mistaking not being allowed to get by without having a receipt as discrimination. AS for the OP, please do not claim discrimination, it just makes the rest of us look bad and I am ashamed as an African American that you would claim racism when they are just following the store policy.

Be
  11th of Aug, 2017

Your race has nothing to do with it. It has EVERYTHING to do with store policy. No receipt, no return. simple as that. They don't care if you are black, white, or green with purple stripes, there is a policy in place. Just because they won't bend the rules for you, it doesn't make them racist.