JC Penney Company / rewards program

Warwick, NY, United States Review updated:

I would like you to know about my shopping experience today at JC penny in Warwick Rhode Island. I have four $10 reward coupons that I wanted to use today. I have spent quite a bit of money at JC penny this holiday shopping season. I have earned $40 worth of rewards. I was planning on using all of them for my purchase today but customer service employee could not get them to go through. She called the manager over and after standing there for 40 minutes was told that I could not use my rewards towards the workboots I was purchasing. I was told the rewards program has changed and there are now all kinds of exclusions. Needless to say I was not happy. Especially after being there for 40 minutes! I understand that the coupons have exclusions but the rewards never did and I should be able to use them on any purchase. No where on the rewards certificate does it say anything about items being excluded! This is totally misleading to your customers! You trying to get people to spend more money and when we earn rewards we can't use them. Absolutely terrible!

In
Dec 11, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Dec 12, 2017

Did you ask where the exclusions for the rewards could be found in writing?