[Resolved] Intelius.com / wanted 24 hour pass and ended up with month's subscription and protection fees

1 WA, United States

I signed up for a 24 pass with INTELIUS for access to people search for a high school reunion.
I ended up with the fee for the 24 hours, 14.95; a month's fee, 19.95, and 24 protectionplus123 for 19.95.
None of these extra fees were clear on the original sign up.
When I received an email regarding my monthly membership, I called the number on the email immediately and cancelled the membership. They claim they never received that call.
This is a scam and I would like my complaint published to warn others about this scam.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2009

It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.