[Resolved] Intelius Subscript / never suscribed

1 WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-974-1563

Hi The company charge my account twicw. 5/12/2008 at $9.95 and on 6/12/2008 $19.95. I called on the phone, they said it would be 20 minutes or later. To e-mail then at this address. My phone no. 607/363/2020. Thank you S Kirstein

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 23, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Comments

• Su
      24th of Jul, 2008

The same thing happened to me ! I requested and paid for information on two phone numbers. A week later my credit card was billed for 19.95 for a "subscription" ! I never subscribed to anything to the best of my knowledge. I would like all my credit information removed from your records so you can't fradulently charge my card again. I have also opened a disupte for this charge with my credit card company.

• Br
      16th of Aug, 2008

I got charged as well, INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA showed up on my CC statement with a 19.95 fee and I have NO idea what this is or what it's for, I've never subscribed to anything from Intelius.

I want all of my charges removed, I also have filed a dispute.

These people who do stuff like this need to go down in a ball of flames.

• Cr
      27th of Aug, 2008

I also received a charge that I did not enroll in for $19.94.

22nd of Sep, 2008

NEVER SUBSCRIBED TO YOUR DARN SERVICE AND I AM REPORTING YOU TO MY BANK. THE ONLY THING I EVER DID WAS LOOKED UP A NUMBER WHICH COST 14.95 . WHO THE HECK GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO TAKE PEOPLES INFO AND USE IT FOR WHATEVER YOU THINK PEOPLE ASK FOR AND NEVER DID. THIS MOENY BETTER GET PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY.

• Na
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Same happened to me I never subscribed to Intelius service and INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA was on my credit card bill. A dispute has been filed with Visa and a complaint to the BBB. I want all charges reversed and my information deleted from your records.

• La
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I NEVER SUBSCRIBED TO THIS COMPANY I WANT MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ERASED FROM YOUR DATABASE AND MY MONEY RETURNED THIS IS FRAUD!!!

30th of Sep, 2008

Intelius has been charging my credit card for 4 months of 19.95 and I never signed up with them..What a scam! I plan on disputing this with my credit card company...How can they get away with this. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Ru
      1st of Oct, 2008

I requested info on a single phone number and authorized payment of $7.95 on my charge card. 09/02/08 an unauthorized charge of $19.95 for a subscription was on my statement. This was never purchased. I have requested Intelius withdraw this fraudulent charge and received notice that I could expect a refund in the same form of original payment UPON APPROVAL of my request. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Seattle, Washington.

• Ba
      5th of Oct, 2008

i never subscirbed to this site i've been charged and want my money back refunded

• Va
      29th of Oct, 2008

HI PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THIS ACCOUNT YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGING MY ACCOUNT WITH OUT MY PERMISSION, ALL I DID WAS USE THE SYSTEM TO CHECK OUT PEOPLE AND I WANT A REFUND FROM THE LAST 3 MTHS, I PD FOR ALL THE INFO THAT WAS NEEDED, I have requested Intelius withdraw this fraudulent charge and received notice that I could expect a refund in the same form of original payment UPON APPROVAL of my request. I

• Li
      31st of Oct, 2008

What a scam. Intelius must get away with a lot of stealing from people who never check their credit card bills. They charged me also for a subscription that I never paid for. Okay people, how can we get this company in trouble. It seems like they do this sort of thing on a regular basis hoping nobody checks their bills.

• Ro
      14th of Nov, 2008

On september 2 of this past year I paid Intelius $2.95 for some useless information. Three days later I was billed an additional $19.95. I was also billed for October and November in the same amounts. I NEVER subscribed to any monthly subscription service as I had no need to. Once Intelius gets your credit card number they engage in bait and switch thievery. They are crooks, pure and simple. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Washington state in an effort to get my money back. I'm not optimistic. After all, I'm dealing with very slick con artists. Intelius rakes in millions of dollars in ill-gotten profits from scams they commit against consumers all across our country and perhaps the world. And they get away with it. They know no one will sue them for a couple of hundred dollars so they're in the driver's seat. By the way, it is my understanding that Intelius has been perpetrating scams for several years and law enforcement officials in Washington state lets them continue to screw consumers out of their hard earned money. Apparently, crime does pay!! It's an absolute disgrace!!

• Kc
      29th of Jan, 2009

is it possible to give them a fake account?

3rd of Feb, 2009

complete fraud. totally criminal. Watch out, besides that, they automatically charged through valuemax123.com for another $19.95. call them 888 205 2257 to cancel. Then intelius ask you to hold 20 minutes and has no way to cancel your account. Police has to do something to stop this!!!

5th of Feb, 2009

Me as well. I am in The United States Marine Corps, and I was away for quite some time. When I returned, I found that they have been taking money from my account since September. I will be reporting this to my chain of command, and have already notified the State of Washington's Attorney Generals Office.

When the time comes, you should give your statement to the Authorities, and bring down this Internet Scam.

5th of Feb, 2009

~Call (866) 338-6739
    ~ Ask to speak to Donald @ ext.229
    ~Have him connect you to Dominic who is Agent #19
    ~Ask Dominic to connect you to Kristen the supervisor at ext.8719

explain the situation, and they will refund you

• Da
      6th of Jul, 2009

Same happened to me I never subscribed to Intelius service and INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA was on my credit card bill, for $19.95. A dispute has been filed with Visa and a complaint to the BBB. I want all charges reversed and my information deleted from your records.

• Jj
      20th of Jul, 2009

Same happened to me on 07/16/2009. I never subscribed to Intelius service and INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA was on my credit card bill, for $19.95. A dispute has been filed with Visa and a complaint to the BBB. I want all charges reversed and my information deleted from your records.

• Tt
      21st of Jul, 2009

Looked at my credit card statement and didn't know what the 19.95 charge was for or from. I put the credit card ID (I guess their phone number) in google and this was the first site that came up. That is pretty sad.
    Someone need to teach these guys a lesson. How do I get this removed by THEM? Thanks.

• Tt
      24th of Jul, 2009

Called 425-974-6190 spoke to Brian. He was very rude. Told me I agreed to the 19.95 subscription on 3 different screens. Then went on to tell me that it was like going to a store and saying hoops I didn't mean to buy this. WTF?
    I asked to speak to the supervisor and he said there is no reason to speak to her. After I told him I would report him to his supervisor he said he would connect me. After holding for a few minutes he comes back and says the charge will be removed.