ING Direct / ING Direct will not close my account and send my remaining funds

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I have requested my account be closed with ING Direct and my remaining balance be refunded to my linked checking account on November 14th. I was told my funds would be sent over Monday November 17th, but as of today November 26th I have not received them and my ING account is still open. I have called almost every day, but I am always told that they are in the process of closing the account and the funds will be returned within 2-3 business days. All of my information is correct, but they are refusing to send my money back to me. How long can they hold my money hostage? Why do they keep lying to me? When I asked for something to be put in writing about the correct date, the manager refused. They also have not responded to my emails. My balance is over 2700.00 and there is nothing pending on the account. I have been banking with ING for 2.5 years years and never had any trouble when my account balances were going up. Now that we have gone through about 20, 000 in savings recovering from a job layoff and cross county move, I am seeing their true colors.

Ch

Comments

Ke
  10th of Jul, 2012

Junk bank -
I opened an account and deposited two checks from Home Depot almost a month ago, ING has cashed the checks and just kept the funds with no valid cause. I have made numerous attempts and their employees just don't give a s***. This online bank has actually went ahead and opened cafes to lure more customers. Unbelievable they can't even run a legitimate financial institution and now are trying to run cafes. Save your self the headache, eat and open your account elsewhere.

Forgot to mention they also changed my security questions as well the first time I called none of my answers matched, I sent a security notice via email ASAP then the next day my security questions were all correct. They are changing customers info.