Indian Railways / ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person

India Review updated:
Hi
I am payal thaker. My brother is physically handicapped, while travelling by train to get the concession he has to go personally to book the ticket and show the certificate.
1) . He has to stand in the queue despite lot of difficulty while standing.
2) . The ticket window is at so much height that its become so difficult to give the papers there. He fall twise while doing this process.
My suggestion is why they need all this proof while issuing a ticket to physically handicapped person while they can cross check the same when the person is travelling by the train by a ticket checker.
This i feel is the descrimination of the human right even after giving them concession in the ticket.
I will appeal to indian ministry of railway to alter the rules for physically challenged person and pass some sensible rule inwhich such person dont hv to suffer while booking a ticket.
Thanking you,
Payal thaker.

Comments

Bi
  4th of Jan, 2008
Sub: Misbehaver by T.T. Mr. Gyan Singh
In Train no. 2445(Uttar Sabkranti Exp.)From Delhi to Jammu.
Dt. 22/12/2007.

Dear Sir,

With reference to the above i would like to inform to you that, We, 1.Birendra Kumar Gupta 2. Smt. Ruby Kumari Gupta 3. Miss Jyoti Sharma 4. Rajesh giri 5. Ranju Giri & my daughter were planing for touring of Vaishno Devi Darshan and Ajmer Sharif Darshan.

According we taken the reservation in train no. 2323 from Kolkata to Jam mu. railway had given the connecting train by Howrah New Delhi Exp. (Howrah To New Delhi and New Delhi to Jammu by train no.2445(Uttar Sabkranti Exp.)Arrived time of HWH New Delhi Exp. was 5:30pm at New Delhi station on 22/12/2007, but the same train was reached at 9:40pm at new Delhi Station .
Due to short of time I ran along with my family Member towards Uttar Subkranti Exp. Train. We interred in the train compartment after train was started . My friend Mr. rajesh Giri left in New Delhi station. He left in New Delhi platform with our train ticket and some luggage.
We seated in our reservation seats than contacted with T.T. Mr. Gyan Singh .We informed him that my friend Mr. Rajesh Giri has been left in New Delhi and he has our train ticket .
Further I had given him PNR number, Ticket Number and seat Number along with my identify proof . But Mr. Gyan Singh told me that we will treat as without ticket.

Further he had done the misbehaver with me . He uses the abuse lounges. He forced to thrown in Panipat Station to us. After that Mr. Gyan Singh trusted and slapped in my cheek.After that my wife came before me but he again done the mishbehaver with my family member.

After this incidence we call to police men, one was Sardarji and another was Beard person and informant about the above said situation. They cooperated us. After convincing by them to T.T. Mr. Gyan Singh he was ready to give us a birth with the clause against total fair plus Rs.250:00 as a fine and Rs.500:00 extra as a bribe money per birth.And he penalty to us of Rs. 3796:00.as per details His challan no. 369337.dt 22/12/07.

During the said incidence I inform to my friend Mr. Rajesh Giri over mobile about the situation of the train . He contacted with S.M. at New Delhi .He cooperated to him then S.M. called in my mobile by friend's mobile.

My wife told to Mr. Gyan Singh that S.M.delhi was in line but he has not ready to talk with S.M. again he done the misbehaver. Due to pressure by the passenger of the train lastly Mr. Gyan Singh talks with the S.M.

Because of our schedule was already fixed so we given him the money and taken the ticket Forproof. I enclosed here wityh a photocopy of the ticket for your reference and record.

You can also investigation verify from the all the passenger of train no.2424.I would like to request you that please take the necessary action Mr. Gyan Singh for misbehaver with us.
your faithfully
BIRENDRA KUMAR GUPTA
Ni
  26th of Jul, 2008
Hi,
Mr. Birendra I am desgree with your complain because before complaining on any body you must have to think from his side.As Mr. gyan TT of train was performing his duty and he doesn't have any power to leave you without taken penalty.You must have to know the rule before charging to any body .Only knowing pnr no. and seat no. doesn't clarify that you are a genuine passenger and as per rule you should be treated without ticket and this was happend in this case.One thing that you should keep in your mind that your ticket is money value thing and you must have to keep safely.In this case as after paying penalty and completion of journey you can get refund from railway administration for this you must have to write to zonal claim office and send your original ticket alongwith your penalty receipts.I think we must feel happy in cooperating and following rules as these rules are made to protect us from fraud persons who are more laborious than us.The station master is not the whole and sole incharge of indian railway evrybody is responsible for his job .
Ka
  3rd of Sep, 2008
I also a physically challenged person, am woring as software engg.

But for booking train ticket every time i could not use online.

If our indian govt, give an option to book to ticket thru online for physically challenged person, it would be great for us.

Am expecting that we can get it soon.

Thanks in advance
Pa
  21st of Oct, 2009
Hi
I am pankaj bakshi myself physically handicapped but I want to know why we have not get facility to book a e-ticket by internet at home because all of my brothers they have to stand in the queue despite lot of difficulty while standing have the ticket and show the certificate. The ticket window is at so much height that its become so difficult to give the papers there.We fall twise while doing this process.
I will appeal to Indian Ministry of railway to alter the rules for physically challenged person and pass some sensible rule inwhich such person dont hv to suffer while booking a ticket. so I humbley request to Indian Ministry of railway please provide a facility of internet reservation at home so kind of you. Yours prompt action is most appreciated by all my handicapped brothers
thanking you,
Pankaj Bakshi
E-mail ID dickybakshi_sai1@hotmail.com
Su
  6th of May, 2010
Hi,
Can some one tell the exact concession for Phisically handicapped..
Before two days i booked a ticket in Sleeper class for my mother(Phisically Handicapped)...The actual cost is 167, if it is 75% concession the ticket fare should be 42rs. But they charged 130 rs.(Both for my mother and an escort)..
Can someone pls. let me know what is the exact concession for PH.

Regards,

Suresh
Ra
  26th of Feb, 2011
E-ticketing should be available for physically challenged people.
Na
  24th of Apr, 2011
hello
im nanak ahuja physically handicaped.
my suggesion is to 1) pl. startissuing e-tickets to ph passengers. 2) pl.amend the rull of being present personally while booking the ticket, it is unneccessary & inhuman treatment to p.h. being present at the time of booking.
my e-mail id-pratidinngp@gmail.com