Indian Railways / refund not done

1 India Review updated:

Hi

This will be my second mail regarding the money refund — how long will it take to get my money back — since I read from the terms the money will be credited back in two or three days — still its not yet been credited.. kindly look into this.

Thellavari wrote:

hi

this is sadheesh - it was informed that the money will be credited back in my account within 2 or 3 working days - but still the money was not credited — kindly look into this and do needful...

regards
sadheesh. p.

care@irctc.co.in wrote:

dear customer,

thank you for using irctc's online rail ticket booking services.
refund instruction for amount of rs.430.00 towards the refund due for the cancellation of ticket vide pnr [protected] has been issued to electronic payment gateway on 11/04/2007 04:35:33 am. same shall appear in your account within two to three working days. you are requested to please check with your credit card issuing banks regarding the same. we regret the delay if any, in crediting back the refunds.
we solicit your continued patronage to our services,
warm regards,
care@irctc

_
do you yahoo!?
tired of spam? yahoo! mail has the best spam protection around

Comments

• Vi
      20th of Apr, 2008

I have booked my ticket vide ticket no. 02485427 & PNR no. 244.3032135 and train no. 9225 from Bathinda to Jammu for IInd Sleeper Class and the date of Journey was 14.10.2007 and the seat no. was 56 of S-3 but the train cancelled due to unaviodable circumstances and I had to return from Bathinda on the spot. When I approached the booking office for the cancellation of the ticket, it was closed. On 15.10.2007 the railway station master mansa refused to cancell my ticket rather he gave me Ticket Deposit Receipt 632618 of Rs. 222 and said he would send it to New Delhi and a cheque will be sent to you from Delhi after some time. But even after the passage of 7 months I have not received any single penny or cheque. Even I wrote two three letters regarding this to your Delhi Office but no result. Plz return my fair or I will have to apprach Consumer Court for the refund as I have purchased ticket from Mansa Railway Station (Punjab) - 151505 - Advocate VIDYA SAGAR, DHALIWAL CHOWK, ADARSH NAGAR, WARD NO. 9, MANSA -151505 MOB. 098884-06245, 094176-32707 HOPING IN ANTICIPATION

• Pr
      20th of Apr, 2008

SIR,

HERE I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO BOOK THE TICKET FOR THE PHYSICALLY HANDYCAPPED PERSONS ON E TICKET AS I AM THE E TICKET BOOKING AGENT.

SO PLS KINDLY GIVE THE SUGGESTION REGARDING THE SAME

THANKING YOU,

LAXMI PRASANNA KUMAR

• Ar
      20th of Jun, 2008

Due to error message in the your host computer system the booking was done twice for same family, same date and for same train ( Rajdhani Express 2951) Booking date 1-3-2007 and boarding on 12-5-2007. The PNR nos for both the tickets are 8110044186(used ticket) and 8310042971(unused ticket) as per Mr. V. P. Indoria's letter dt 16-7-2007(Ref No. 2003/IRCTC/ERTD/Refunds/E-tickets) "The refund will be proceed by Zonal Railways". But till today I have not received any refunds (Rs.5305) as well as any correspendence

• Ns
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Dear sir,

I purchased three tier A/c tickets thru my credit card for 2618 Mangla Express under PNR No.2246043584 for 5th May train i.e. at the time of travelling I kept the duplicate copy of my identity proof of Driving licence instead of original but one of the railway staff asked me to produce the original driving licence other wise he asked me to pay the Rs.7113/- extra for not keeping the original proof. Due to this I have paid Rs.7113/- in cash and got the receipt also. Secondly TTE told me that your eticket purchased payment of Rs. 4872/- you will get thru credit card only after submission of the original penalty payment paid receipt to railways.

After completion of vacation I submitted all the relevant documents i.e. etickets, original penalty amount remitted receipt etc to IRCTC Baroda office on June 4th, 2008 thru speed post and again forwarded the copy of documents twice to them for refund the payment of Rs.4872/- which I paid thru credit card but still I am not received any refund amount of Rs.4872/ from them.

You are requested to kindly look into this and do needful.

Sivan

• Pn
      27th of Oct, 2008

IT IS VERY COMMON THAT POOR PASSENGERS ARE DECEIVED.
    ME AND MY WIFE BOUGHT TICKETS FOR AC TWO TIER AND THE TRAIN CAME WITH ONLY AC THREE TIER.ON ENQUIRING WE GOT A REPLY THAT IS VERY COMMON, YOU CAN GET A REFUND AT THE TICKET COUNTER.BUT WE ARE QUITE SURPRISED TO SEE THE RETURN TRAIN ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.
    THE GREAT THING IS THAT THE REFUND GOT FROM THE DESTINATIONS DIFFER BY RS 84/HOW IS IT POSSIBLE, NO PROPER ANSWER?
    WHO WILL PAY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE WE HAD IN THE TRAIN?
    POOR PASENGER OF INDIAN RAILWAY!

• Ra
      5th of Nov, 2008

I have book a ticket for TATA YPR EXP TRAIN, journy date -02-5-2008 Pnr- 6411011265, class-3A but due to some cause this train has been diverted and not come to rourkela station at all on the above mentioned date, I have already sent several e-mail and contacted over phone but no result, pl treat this matter URGENT as it is already 180 days old,
    My Mobile No. 09448280308

I have already sent 25 mail to all the Email-id provided by U, 31 phone call to customer care, Already spent Rs. 523/= on Phone calls ?... What is this

• Vi
      14th of Nov, 2008

Respected Sir/Madam

I have booked ticket from Chennai central(MAS) to Thane(TNA) on 13-Nov-2008, by giving my ICICI credit card number and CVV number. I am very much sure that I have approved payment only once by giving my CVV number. I also received the confirmation with the PNR-Number 420-2430523. Journey date is 10-01-2009 11:45 AM, MUMBAI EXPRESS. Rs. 762.00-/-

Then later I checked my Booked ticket option to take printout and found it shows 2 extra tickets booked with some other different PNR numbers, with 2 different coaches and my credit card was charged 3 times totally. Rs. 762.00 * 3 = 2286-/-

Transaction ID PNR Number
    0076351064 4202430523 -This is the ticket generated first time and I received the successful transaction confirmation.

Let me know how it is possible for IRCTC to book tickets for the same train and same passengers three times. I filled only one form and got the confirmation only once. Credit card and CVV number is confidential and how they can use it 2 times extra without my knowledge. How they get information for next two times to book tickets for the same train and same passenger details. According to me all the information given first time should be deleted from their cache memory once the first ticket is alloted. But when I called Customer support of Chennai IRCTC they told its your banks mistake they have released the fund 3 times for the same train and IRCTC will book the train tickets how many times they are releasing the fund (This concept is wrong, My ticket information should be deleted once from their temporary memory once the first ticket is alloted and it should not allow to request for the second time). Also they told if I want I can cancel the other two ticket where I have to bare Rs. 40 per ticket. Come on guys First my credit card was charged thrice without my knowledge and I have to loose my money by canceling my tickets. We called ICICI customer care they told that they received the request for 3 times for the fund so it was released thrice and we requested bank to escalate this case and they have done it. I have send emails to IRCTC regarding this no reply from them.

The below tickets are generated automatically which I have not approved.
    So kindly check this issue which is very serious and return my money back 762 * 2 = Rs. 1524, back for the below tickets without deducting any charges. Looking forward for quick reply.

Transaction ID PNR Number