Indian Railways / officials corruption
I went to the Sarojini Nagar railway reservation counter on the 18th of April to get a ticket for Pune from New Delhi for the 20th of April. Before leaving, I made sure from the Indian Railways website that there were three tickets left in the tatkal quota on Jhelum Express. But when my turn came, the person sitting at the counter told me that there was no ticket available on tatkal on that specified date and train. When I insisted, he said he would help out but I would have to give him a bribe of Rs. 100.
Since it was vital for me to get a ticket for the 20th and also because I didn't have the time to pick up a fight, I was forced to pay him of Rs. 100.
So apart from the service charge of Rs. 300 for a 3rd AC ticket, I also had to pay an "extra service charge" to this railway official!
I have heard complaints in the past about such demands for money made by officials at the Sarojini Nagar counter. Railway Minister Lalu Prasad who by all accounts is trying hard to provide world-class services to the passengers should also take note of such instances of corruption and impose strict punishments for such officials.
Manu Sankar S.,
45-A, Hauz Khas Village,
More Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews
- Indian Railways - illegal passengers! 
- Indian Railways - poor facilities 
- Indian Railways - ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person 
- Indian Railway - excessive rate of food by the pantry car service 
- Indian Railways - azad hind express running late 
- Indian Railways - no refund issued in case of train late more than 3 hours later cancelled
- Centre For Railway Information Systems - misbehaving of the reservation ticket issuing officer at railway counter (simhachalam)
- Indian Railway - refund of cancellation of ticket at city station, lucknow counter
- Indian Railway - theft of mobile phone
- Indian Railway - parcel not received