Indian Railway / threatening passengers

1 India Review updated:

I am a passenger having a wait listedticket traveling, from yesvantpur-vishakapatnam, on 26th june 07. it was a serious issue likely to keep in front of officers of the indian railway (happening in that train). the people involved in this case are - all the bed roll staff in 2 tier a/c coach.

Their job is to stand and identify the people who are looking for confirmation of tickets (at any station), then they approach you individually asking for 500/- for providing a reserved seat (I don't know how can they do that).

I having a pqwl 1 ticket has got confirmed latter at kr puram, till then tte advised me not to enter into the ac coach. I waited up to 1 hr and then approached tte (in the mean while these bed roll staff were troubling me by saying they will conform, if you pay 500/-).

Due to some canceled tickets, tte has alloted me the berth in the coach. these bed roll staff came again for the 5th time near me and asking for 500/- otherwise they threatened me that they will cancel my confirmation on complaining to tte. similarly they troubled other waitlisted passengers and took money 500/-).

If we leave these issues like this - soon the indian railway will become stale-the image will get fade in the eyes of the travelers.

The lady passenger sitting in front of me had paid money 500/- for no reason. these people are threating women and fellow travelers. why such things are happening? who are these people indulge is such activities, who are the officers are responsible to take action on these trouble makers?

I am also sending this letter to tv9 and other media.

The details of me are as under,
Train no./name: yesvanpur-howrah express,2864.
Date and time:26/06/07, at 7:30pm,
Pnr no:[protected],
Digit coach no: 048051.

The fellow lady travellor, who paid 500/- on threatning.
Her details are as under,
Pnr no:[protected]
Digit coach:048051.

Sw

Comments

• Su
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Respected sir,

This is to inform you some rowdy boys are threatenig

with blade at Nungambakkam Railway Station

( on the footbridge ,way to Loyola College) ,

and they are taking watches ,mobile and money purse regularly ,

especially Loyola College Students.

we beg you to do the needful .

Expecting your co operation.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully.
    Suresh Kumar.

09446519376 - Kerala.

15th of Apr, 2008

sir
    i want to told you that i am living in the city bhatapara which is 45 away from bilaspur and 64 km away from raipur
    the state capital. i want to inform you that in the booking office it is opened for 8 hours daily in these eight hours 6 to 7 hours the booking office officers are active with the person which are included in the black marketing of ticket (say dalal) and it is open only one to two hours for the common person. for writing the complain against these i first go to station master to obtain complain book but he did not provide me he told me that contact bilaspur gm office for these and told me to talk on the number 077522232004 but when i call on this number he told me that do not disturb me call on raipur for these matter.
    in front of booking office also this number is written to
    say any complain against any officer the bilapur gm told that call on no 07712252200 when i call on this number
    he told me that call on the number 07712252232 when i call
    on this number and told me that station manager is not providing me complaint book so he told me that for this matter then he told me that call on the number 07712252236 and finally then i call on this number no one could attained the phone i call many time but no one could attain the phone. sir you see that what is the condition of indian railway. it is like an comedy serial "office office "run by pankaj kapoor.so please give treatment to indian railway and take strict action very soon against officer included in these case . this is second time i send complain when i send first time one month before then on action is taken against anyone . the name of the officer in the booking office is prakash soni.so very soon take strict action .
    thanks
    anshul verma

• Kd
      24th of Apr, 2008

Sir,
    I had booked my motor cycle to be despatched fron Nasik road station to Faridabad station on 10th of April. The Receipt No. is B120299 dated 10/04/2008. But it has not reached its destination till date. I enquired at Faridabad railway station parcel deptt. several times for last 12 days. They are indifferent towards the arrival of the parcel. When I asked about the where-about of my motorcycle they are just telling to search at New Delhi Railway Station. I went to New Delhi Railway station and they said to search at old Delhi Railway station. Is it my duty to search the motor cycle like this after paying railway the transportation charges? I am in a fix what to do now . I am a student at Management development Institute, Gurgaon and Faridabad is very far from this place and there is no system of communication through telephone from out side to the parcel offfice. Please help me out .

Thanks
    K. Dash

• Pa
      21st of Dec, 2008

Complaints in written must be lodged.If complain book is not been provided
    by the authority whether in running train or off the train one should send there complain through registered post and keep track on it.If these people did not listen then send a RTI application and asked for status.Complain is a tool that keeps these corrupt people under check. Fight for the right.You pay for it and the railway is bound to provide service. I appreciate the efforts of passengers who complain it is not the matter of his or her but the whole community gets benefit.
    Do not argue or get short temper, just ask for complain book and lodged a complain with witness or without it.

Parveen Poddar

• Ar
      27th of May, 2010

sir,
    I am living in Mumbai and holding monthly season ticket from CST to THANE and MANKHURD daily I have to get down and catch train at CSTM. some time I use to go to Mankhurd and I use platform no.1 where your ticket cheking staff having office and I saw there lot of people brought as without ticket traveller. Are you sure that your staff is doing right becouse they all are innocent tresspasser what is your Vigilance Department doing. Under your nose 6 to 7 TC's group making money and you are sleeping in AC cabin shame?!!!
    some name
    1) Mr.Rajan Surve
    2)Mr.Ram Khatape
    3)Mr.P.R.Meena
    4)Mr.Shahanawaz Khan (now transferred to Dadar due to NGO Mr. Zaveri cought him red handed with taking money from innocent passenger, good thing or bad I don't know but Railway have only two stations, this Mr.Shahanawaz Khan just came from Dadar only becouse of complaint of taking money and again send back to same station ! poor Indian Railway)
    5)Mr.Baldev Sing
    6)Mr.Tushar Khande
    with other junior staff co op them in earning money and taking share from them.

• Ru
      8th of Jan, 2012

I came to Chennai central by Coromandel express train no:12841 on 8, 1, 2012.
    My ticket PNR NO: 610-2324726.
    I am a senior citizen.
    An railway official by name of Mr A.Chinappan ( HTE OMS B MAS ) approached me and asked for
    travelling ticket, which I duly produced. He asked for age and ID proof. As the passport which I was
    carrying was in one of the suitcase, I requested him to let me go as it was too difficult to open a packed
    suitcase. He was adamant to see and instead of requesting, he started abusing my son who had come
    to pick me. He used very abusive, slang language in tamil and his talk was nothing to do with
    original matter. He cursed that all muslims are liars and they should be put in jail.

I got angry on hearing this remark and tried to intervene, but he pushed me at the shoulder by
    his official leather bag. He was so rude, so shameless and much religiously biased.

He took all my luggauge to the weighment counter and fined for excess luggauge which
    I readily paid by Excess Fare Ticket No: AE 0190495 dated 8.1.2012.
    At first he took money but refused to give receipt, saying that receipt will be given tomorrow as it has
    to be signed by his senior.

This was the limit, I demanded his ID card and insisted on receipt, . After much grumbling and cursing he tore
    away the receipt and handed over to me.

I have lodged this complaint Deputy Station Manager Southern Railway Chennai Central ( Receipt no: 372688
    dated 8.1.2012).

Please take serious action against Mr A Chinappan.
    An written appology must be given by him.

Rumana.M.