Indian Railway / threatening passengers
I am a passenger having a wait listedticket traveling, from yesvantpur-vishakapatnam, on 26th june 07. it was a serious issue likely to keep in front of officers of the indian railway (happening in that train). the people involved in this case are - all the bed roll staff in 2 tier a/c coach.
Their job is to stand and identify the people who are looking for confirmation of tickets (at any station), then they approach you individually asking for 500/- for providing a reserved seat (I don't know how can they do that).
I having a pqwl 1 ticket has got confirmed latter at kr puram, till then tte advised me not to enter into the ac coach. I waited up to 1 hr and then approached tte (in the mean while these bed roll staff were troubling me by saying they will conform, if you pay 500/-).
Due to some canceled tickets, tte has alloted me the berth in the coach. these bed roll staff came again for the 5th time near me and asking for 500/- otherwise they threatened me that they will cancel my confirmation on complaining to tte. similarly they troubled other waitlisted passengers and took money 500/-).
If we leave these issues like this - soon the indian railway will become stale-the image will get fade in the eyes of the travelers.
The lady passenger sitting in front of me had paid money 500/- for no reason. these people are threating women and fellow travelers. why such things are happening? who are these people indulge is such activities, who are the officers are responsible to take action on these trouble makers?
I am also sending this letter to tv9 and other media.
The details of me are as under,
Train no./name: yesvanpur-howrah express,2864.
Date and time:26/06/07, at 7:30pm,
Digit coach no: 048051.
The fellow lady travellor, who paid 500/- on threatning.
Her details are as under,
More Indian Railway Complaints & Reviews
- Indian Railways - illegal passengers! 
- Indian Railways - poor facilities 
- Indian Railways - ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person 
- Indian Railway - excessive rate of food by the pantry car service 
- Indian Railways - officials corruption 
- Indian Railways - irctc refund rules
- Indian Railways - attendants misbehavior in 2ac. 
- Indian Railways - no refund issued in case of train late more than 3 hours later cancelled
- Centre For Railway Information Systems - misbehaving of the reservation ticket issuing officer at railway counter (simhachalam)
- Indian Railway - refund of cancellation of ticket at city station, lucknow counter