India Today Book Club / Advance made but book not received!

1 India Review updated:

Last year, I a member of the India Today Book Club with membership no. ITBC 00034654 placed an order along with prepayment in the form of bank draft for 4 books. Three books were received but one book 'Botanica' was not sent on the ground that it is not available in stock and will be sent once it is available. Even after passage of about 9 months, there has been no further communication. I desire that the ordered book is sent at the earliest.

Comments

• Vi
      7th of Aug, 2007

India Today book Club has sent me 3 books via VPP and I have never ordered those books. Since I was traveling my wife have received parcel & paid money to postman. On my return I have spoken to customer care and they have said that return the books and we will refund your money. I have sent the books thru Blazeflash Courier # 209879230 on July 5th and till date money is not refunded back. Now nobody answer this over phone.

• Mi
      13th of Aug, 2007

Same thing happened to me also. India today book club sent me the books I never ordered and speaking to Neha she asked me to send an email to Parivartan Kookreti, and said I will get my money back. Neither Parivartan replied to my mail nor I got my money back. Now no one answers the phone also. Is there actually an India today Book club or this is some hoax?Earlier I had ordered some books also which was never delivered.Since it came through India Today they should take some responsibility, but they don't even connect us to the Book club.

• Nm
      28th of Sep, 2007

My membership no. is ITBC 07285134 placed an order for 4 books. I have recieved only one book after 2 months through VPP but i was charged for all 4 books (Rs.775/-). As VPP was sealed I could not verify the contents, after opening the packet 1 found only 1 book and the Invoce for Rs. 200/-. I desire that the ordered book are sent at the earliest or if not the excess amount that I have paid for the same.

• Va
      29th of Sep, 2007

i dont want to be a member
    and my memb no is not working
    ITBC 07302494

14th of Oct, 2007

I received your consignment of 3 cd pack worth Rs.500.00 yesterday (my membership no is ITBC 06247162) but I am unable to run the concise encyclopedia cd...which is showing user MFC application problem. I have all the configurations installed stated by the user's manual in my desktop & I worked hard to play the same ...abortively.....plz...do the needful & spare the harassment to avoid judiciary hassles!!

Thanking you,
    Sincerely,
    Manoj Pani.

• Na
      20th of Oct, 2007

I HAD PLACED AN ORDER THROUGH INTERNET, FOR SIX ROMANCE CLASSICS WITH A FREE ADIDAS BAG FOR A TOTAL PRICE OF RS. 666 WITHOUT INCLUDING THE SHIPPING CHARGES.MY REFERENCE NO. WAS 876104 AND MY ORDER ID WAS MITBC-WEB-545991. IN SPITE OF THESE DETAILS I AM NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG IN AT YOUR WEBSITE. I HAD ALSO CALLED YOUR CUSTOMER CARE IN DELHI ITSELF BUT THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME MY MEMBERSHIP NO. WHICH I MAY REQUIRE IF I WANT TO ORDER MORE BOOKS. I AM ALSO NOT ABLE TO VIEW THE STATUS OF MY ORDER .

• Su
      2nd of Nov, 2007

I applied online for the books/cds and payment was also made online.Till today, neither I have received the books/cds nor any acknowledgment from the India Today Book Club. Mails sent to them are returned undelivered! Terrible service!

• Ka
      10th of Nov, 2007

I strongly agree that this kind on "India Today Book Club" is running a big online fraud in india and they should be severely punished and their physical editions to be banned since these kind of cheaters are not gud for our developing india. Its true that these india today book club people cannot manage there orders neither they have the capacity to run a customer care service... Sick of india today customer care wherein noone bothers of the customers..and this is so called "India Today " group... i never knew such a big brand name will be doing a big online fraud wherein it neither respects the customers neither it is bothering to listen to their problem and inspite of all COLLECTING MONEY ONLINE AND THEN NOT DELIVERING THE ORDER ON TIME... ITS BEEN A MONTHS TIME AND TILL NOW I HAVE NOT RECD THE ORDERS AND CUSTOMER CARE PEOPLE TELL ME SOME OTHER ORDER OF MINE TILL NOW WHICH I HAVE NEVER PLACED... how Rubbish... ITS HIGH TIME THAT STRICT ACTION TO BE TAKEN AND BAN THESE PEOPLE FROM DOING ANY KIND OF BUSINESS

2nd of Jan, 2008

As I adverted to the IRCTC's promotional add by email, I ordered
    for some CDs online, and payment has been made online three
    months ago. Till today nothing is delivered to me. Even after sending so many reminders by email to them at order@indiatodaybookclub.com, there is not a single acknowledgement from them.

• Su
      23rd of Jan, 2008

A packet of C.D's were sent to my address by V.P.P. for Rs.525/ plus VPP chgs were wrongfully sent and accepted .

An intimation of the same was sent from my end and Mr Shubham Jaiswal asked me to return the same E-mail: shubham.jaiswal@indiatodaybookclub.com

The same was sent to Living Media India Ltd by courier vide bill # Z66429995 dt. 8th Jan 08 by DTDC.

It is astonishing that the persons concerned are not able to send a mail for the mails sent from my end for refunding the money.

1st of Feb, 2008

I have not recieved my order yet..i had placed my order some 50 days back MITBC-WEB-0554770.please look into the same and revert.

26th of Feb, 2008

Take all the e-mail IDs from this page, and keep sending mail to them compiling about The Great 'INDIA TODAY BOOB CLUB'

Just, a mass mail complain until they do something.

26th of Feb, 2008

Take all the e-mail IDs from this page, and keep sending mail to them compiling about The Great 'INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB'

Just, a mass mail complain until they do something.

• Sk
      14th of Mar, 2008

I am sorry that after a long unreplied mails to

they finally sent me Rs 525/- for the wrong packet sent by me and did not find necessary to send the money I had expended for the courier charges I had spent.

• Lt
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Dear Publisher,

i had applied for a membership vide my letter number 019 c st-2 dated 12 feb 08.no intimation from your office.request intimate present position ofthe case.

• As
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I am Ashraf Moideen. A month back I had received an email from IRCTC (irctcpromotions@irctc.co.in ) regarding a offer (Claim your FREE adidas bag & 2 FREE bestsellers ) which promised me 2 CDs, 2 Books and an Adidas Bag for Rs. 199. I had made the payment through Credit Card on 12/3/2008 and the amount has been debited from my Credit Card account. The website had promised me a maximum of 2-3 weeks for delivery of the same but I havent received any of those till now. I fear that I am in a trap and the whole offer is bogus. Please please despatch me the books or kindly for God's sake credit me the amount back to mty account.

• Ba
      23rd of May, 2008

Payment made - Order not received

Membership No.: ITBC08460790
    Order No.: 0GA080010482

I made payment through credit card on 29-04-08, but till date i have not received the ordered items.

Kindly suggest me when this order will be processed.

• Sh
      3rd of Jun, 2008

dear sir

i orders before some day, yesterday i got my order, but i can not claim my free gift offer, because as in your letter you mentioned how to claim. but your site to log on is not working, so how cum i claim free gift of adidas and holiday voucher

site name : http://offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm

there is error, so plese give me quick reply.

shailesh kanani

• Dr
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I dont got the mentioned website to claim free gifts &holiday voucher.The website is -- http://offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm

• Ra