Menu

complaints

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Complaints Summary

13 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, Joyread-Fantasy Novel generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Joyread-Fantasy Novel has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Joyread-Fantasy Novel. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Joyread-Fantasy Novel complaints 19

Sort by:

Newest Joyread-Fantasy Novel complaints

S
5:37 pm EST

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Payment

I paid $99.99 to this company for unlimited reading but that is not what is happening. They want more money which I am not paying just to use their stupid system. Had I know that this would happen they would not have gotten my money. I have other sites that I pay less money and I don't have any issues reading their books. I feel that you have fraudulently charge me for services you can't provide with more additional charges

Claimed loss: $99.99

Desired outcome: Want my money back so that I cancel this servi

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Joyread-Fantasy Novel representatives only. If you are affiliated with Joyread-Fantasy Novel, please claim your business to access these details.

S
4:33 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am reaching out to you today regarding a disappointing experience I had with a book titled Fated to the Alpha by Jessica Hall on Joyread. As an avid reader and a Joyread VIP account holder, I recently came across Fated to the Alpha and was instantly captivated by its intriguing premise. Eager to delve into the story, I utilized my hard-earned coins and...

5:55 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Joyread-Fantasy Novel I was trying to read The God of War:pinnacle by T.S. Cleveland.

It is full of grammatical errors and the chapters are exceptionally short!

You claim there are 4034 chapters, it costs on aversge 15 coins to unlock a chapter. That is approximately 60,480 coins to read this book.

******* Over $100 ? ************

If you are new to this site like me and don't understand, you need that many coins you only purchase a few. Well over $35 latter I am not even a third of the way thru. I can buy a hard cover for less.

I don't know who you are but NO modern book is worth that much.

Claimed loss: $35

Desired outcome: Let me finish the book

Hide full review

Is Joyread-Fantasy Novel legit?

Our verdict: Joyread-Fantasy Novel has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Joyread-Fantasy Novel's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Joyread-Fantasy Novel can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Joyread-Fantasy Novel achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Joyread.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Joyread-Fantasy Novel website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Joyread.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Joyread.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Joyread-Fantasy Novel, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Joyread.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Joyread-Fantasy Novel.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Joyread-Fantasy Novel protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
G
1:20 am EST

Joyread-Fantasy Novel 600 minutes of reading, 35 euros, 20% of the book

I paid 35 euros until chapter 263 which is 20% of the book

a never ending story made to milk you

a total scam, run away

I started the reading yesterday and had to spend half of my time purchasing credits or chasing pearls

you start a book without knowing in advance how many chapters it has and how many pearls it will cost

stories are written poorly "my heart missed a beat" occurring at least one time per chapter. names are misused. sentences are so poorly translated that you want to twiter thzm to make people laugh at how awkward they are.

name of the book : Touche de Douceur (in french)

Claimed loss: 35€ is paid. il will not pay 140€ to finish the book. 35 euros is the price of a book.

Desired outcome: all pearls needed to finish that book. 35 euros is already an absurd price for such a book

5:05 am EDT

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Not loading chapters after deducting money

Today,4th August, Joyread deducted money from my account and as per my bank balance they received the money but the chapters are not loaded. Joyread claims that there was insufficient money but I sent the proof and they are quiet after receiving the proof. No communications.

If the chapters are not loaded, then they must not ever try and deduct monthly subscriptions from account. I'm losing trust on Joyread.

Desired outcome: My chapters must be loaded as money has been deducted or refund my money bank. If they want a bank statement I will forward it

4:10 am EDT

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Scam

I have spent over $600 dollars to not even finish one book. Then the book is so long that the person writing it decides to keep the same story long going over and over again. Something bad happens then it’s resolved. Then the exact same thing happens but with a different individual and is resolved. So I’ll give up on that book after reading 1300 chapters that are only two pages long and start another. I get hooked but then have to spend more and more money to read it. Extreme amount of errors in the writing of every single book I have read. I’ve read all these reviews and I feel a fool for spending so much. The the answers back about the daily free pearls the company states. It’s not even enough to read for 20 minutes because it charges you 25 pearls for two pages. And you only get like 100 free. It’s insane. It’s time people spreads it like wild fire how this app robs people completely.

Desired outcome: Put the app out of business for ripping people off.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel has left an official reply on this complaint.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Horrible App- Don’t waste your money!

So, I was intrigued by the first few chapters they were selling off of Facebook. 368 chapters, a week of time, and $85 later, and the book is “to be continued”. it shows I’m only 50% done. The writing was meh, but there is no author listed either. This is a scam. Super disappointed that I got sucked in, cause the story was good!

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Scam

This app is such a scam they give you a couple of chapters for free but then you have to purchase coins in order to continue reading. I’ve already spent $15 dollars on a book and have only read 83 chapters out of the 1436 chapters. They don’t give you the option to buy the whole book what a scam and did I mention ever chapter is only 8-10 pages.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Don’t waste your money

This APP is a SCAM! DO NOT BUY! You use coins to read a 2 page chapter that costs 10-20 coins per chapter. I thought spending $10 was enough bc i never thought it would cost more than $10 for 60 pages on reading a book! I never even got halfway and spent all $10! Don’t waste your money! Only tried it once and never again! I spend $10 a month to read unlimited books on kindle!

Joyread-Fantasy Novel has left an official reply on this complaint.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel $100 on a book? I’ll pass!

Total Scam! Initially, I didn’t see how many chapters a book was. After the first free 16 chapters, I agreed to purchase coins for $9.99. After ran out, I toyed with the app and found that I would have to spend about $100 to read the book in its entirety! Such a rip off. I spending $10/month for Amazon Unlimited and read probably 5-8 books a month. This app is a total ripoff!

B

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Too expensive for quick reads

App costs too much to read a book that you can clearly purchase for less if it’s published. Don’t fall into this trap. Once I’m done reading my 1 and only novel on this app then I will be removing. It’s a waste I’ll continue to visit the bookstore and support those writers. No offense to the writers in this app but their work would get more play and residual income via an actual published book.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Wish i could do a Zero

I have spent $240 dollars and still havent been able to finish just 2 books.. Like No Exaggerating literally 240 bucks. The authors are very good but this app breaks a regular 80 chapter book into 1k chapters. Now everyday i have to wait for them to release two chapters a day and make all my pearls and coins expire. This is by far the scammiest app i ever came across and imma leave bad reviews every week

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Not impressed

I found this app like everyone else on a Facebook ad. I was pleased with the story that brought me to this app however I quickly found out there are no stories about Black people or POC besides on story on about an Indian women in an arranged marriage (so cliche) anyway this app needs more diversity and the fantasy section is just the wolf section alpha this beta that. I will probably uninstall when I run out of pearls.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Expensive

Paying more for a story that has numerous errors than I would an actual best selling novel. The story I’m reading is interesting and I like it but what a bad creator to take advantage of people
Like this. Deleting the app now. I’ll love if I don’t finish this story and will NEVER spend another cent on this app.
I would have been a long time customer but not now. $35 USD so far and not even close to being done with the story.

H

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Beware

The only reason why I gave this app 2 stars is because I really enjoyed the novel I was reading. With that said I have already given them $70 worth of my money hoping I would get almost to the end of the novel, but it states I’m only 28% of the story. I cannot continue reading the story, because I refuse to spend over $100 on just one novel. It is a scam and ridiculous. Each chapter is short, and will cost you about 14-28 coins to unlock. Do the math. Beware!

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Joyread

I downloaded this app this morning to read a book advertised on Facebook. I read the first 16 chapters (which are only 5-6 pages long) and the app wanted me to buy coins. I looked further into the book and there are 281 chapters. At the rate they sell coins it’s going to cost me over $99 to read the entire book. I’ll gladly pay $10-15 to read a good book but not $99. I loved the story I started reading which is why I gave two stars. Unless you want to pay a ton to read these books I wouldn’t download the app.

R
Joyread-Fantasy Novel has left an official reply on this complaint.

Joyread-Fantasy Novel Way over priced!

I started reading through an add on FB. I got the app to finish the book. I read until around Chapter 20. It says I need 38,000 coins to finish the book. The offer a subscription but that only gets me 7000 coins. Why the gimmicks? Just let me finish my book. It’s a cheap little novel that I would pay up to $10 for but I’m afraid with this app it will end up costing way over $50. They also don’t explain their subscription and pricing well. I looked for the book on another platform so I can just buy it and I can’t find it. The Joyread books are only on the app.

J

Joyread-Fantasy Novel TRAP! UNREAL DISAPPOINTED

This app was on Facebook and I started reading the story and got into it. I downloaded the app to continue reading it and I was naive. I knew that I would probably pay a price for reading the book but this is RIDICULOUS! I spend $5-$6 on Amazon for a New York Times Bestseller meanwhile I continue reading this book and every few chapters I am asked to pay for coins to read more - I’m only at 11% of this book and I spent over $25 already and I am disappointed and disgusted. This is such a shame and a scam! I’ll be reading elsewhere - have fun trying to keep this app alive if you continue this!

T

Joyread-Fantasy Novel SCAM

Like others are saying it’s a rip off. I tool advantage of the free pearls mentioned by the developers but naturally I wanted to continue reading so I purchased coins and pearls. Each chapter is 9-20 or sometimes even more pearls. As badly as I want to finish the story I’m reading I’m going to delete this app. The story seemingly never ends and after a certain point becomes about completely different characters as if their is a totally different story being told. Don’t fall for it. If you want good quality reads just use an actual ereader app and buy real books or go to the library. If you like comics I highly recommend Webtoons or Manta. More bang for your buck!

Read full review of Joyread-Fantasy Novel and 4 comments