IMVU / imvu

1 Robbinsdale, MN, United States Review updated:

I think that imvu is a waste of time.I think the game is completley unfair.They dont give you any credits.They lie about what you can do to get them.And I think the people on there are disrespectful.They are always cuesing.And alot of people on there are stuck up.And they dont know how to act respectful.I think that the people who created this game are stupid.There whole company should shut down.This imvu game sucks.It is the worst online game that I have ever played.I will not suggest this game to my friends.And I will never play this game again!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• El
      15th of Aug, 2018
    IMVU - Credits imvu
    Fort Hall, Idaho
    Brazil
    complaintsboard.com

Preciso de credits no imvu odiei esse jogo

• Ga
      14th of Aug, 2018
    IMVU - Survey
    Temple
    Texas

I spent my time on a survey to get money but I never got it I am very frustrated 🙄 my username is Sierratheweirdo and my email address is gaiacrafter92@gmail.com again I am very upset and I really want this problem to get fixed thank you for understanding
    Sincerely,
    Sierra

• La
      3rd of Aug, 2018

Imvu is a total rip off. I accidentaly purchased 300, 000 credits which I really didn't need for a stupid avatar, and when asked for refund of $199.99 the imvu chat help center person said ' respond with within 24hours and see if your eligible for a refund' i'm like wtf that if my freaking money!!! give it back!!!

To everyone out there do not I repeat do not join this game!!! because you will be broke!!! and loose all your money!!! just join second life that game is way better.in the future lets all try and shutdown imvu for good, because this company is taking peoples money and not refunding it back.

4th of Jul, 2018

Hackeia o meu é luckygod

4th of Jul, 2018

vdd eles só querem dinheiro que se ferrem os outros

9th of Jun, 2018

Meu imvu só vem 4k eu quero 12k por favor 😃

30th of Nov, 2015

@ 99ways2die
    this is border line insulting which is a violation of the tos on complaints board. I have been kind to everyone who has posted about this. i will be nice to you even though you are insulting and flaming me.

1. complaints board is a community site where you can complain about a company and get possible fixes to your issue.
    2. never said imvu is not a cash cow. IMVU is free if you dont want to pay for anything. there are items in the catalog that will cost $0.
    3. you can not get viruses from IMVU itself [otherwise why are they rated high by bbb?]. If you use non imvu access programs you run the risk of infection.
    4. they will say you dont have credits if the amount of credits a item costs exceeds the amount of promo credits plus credits combined.
    5. i am a IT specialist i know the ways of getting a virus and preventing them.
    6. I know about virus scanners, detection, and removal. i have 0 virus infections, they get removed before they reach me by my security system.
    7. i never claimed to be a imvu employee NOR affiliated with them to field complaints. I am just a simple community member who is sharing my expertise in how they can calmly fix the problem they have in a civilized way.
    8. i have been a member of IMVU since 2006 which is not a noob.

check your facts before posting and don't insult others who are trying to help fellow community members fix their problems. I am doing this on my own time when i could be doing other things but i choose to help my community by educating others about how in my experience of following the rules i have not run into issues like this and how they can if they choose to fix their issue. You don't like me being helpful then please do not insult me just walk away.

22nd of Jan, 2017

@thel Ahh ok see you followed me around and copied this initial post back to me on all of my posts I see what you did there. Mean while the same thing stands I said before. You been all over this site busting everyones balls for explaining their situation because you are such a fan boy and don't talk to me about violating TOS. You are plenty guilty of that yourself all over the place. You aren't trying to help anyone. You are being a know it all ##### and treating people stupid because they might not have had a GREAT EXPERience on here.

So quit violating the TOS and leave people alone.

29th of Nov, 2015

See this complaint Thiel? You worthless POS!

" arobinson -1 Votes

I lie imvu but at the same time i hate it they are telling me that i have no money when i know i bought it and i can't send my friend a gift becuz they say i have no money i can't earn credits because they lie about it it slows my computer down big time and occasionally shuts it off"

That's what happens when a Trojan is sent to your computer. Unlike you I actually know a little some thing about Virus detection and removal. If your computer shuts off after uploading a file (And everyone I know has the same problem as me, there is no Candy Crush, it's not there) then a Trojan is installed on your computer, most likely a rootkit which are horrible viruses and hardest to remove and not only is information being stolen but you might find yourself in the market for a new hard drive.

You're a pompous know it all Thiel. Remember that next time you open your E-Mail. Done talking to your worthless A@#

29th of Nov, 2015

Thiel go bust some one elses balls. First off yes it is a cash cow. Most the products on there are copyright and hold a patten and I walk to any clothing outlet in real life and see it on the shelves. You think one of your "Friends" actually designs DC shoes just for IMVU? No DC gets a cut off that and uses it for advertisement.

You say you can't get viruses? Funny but tell that to one of my 15 scanners I have strung out all over this computer including my rootkit scanners. That is if you know what a rootkit is becaus3e you want to make me out to be a newbie because you don't like my answers? The newbie here is you. or you're just defending IMVU for the nefarious that takes place and the broken promises IMVU hands it's users. You sir are a complete tool. You have this complaint board and all it is really for is to bad mouth people that have a valid complaint and then make excuses for why this site don't work.

How about this gets corrected, get you out of that seat and put some one in that wants to help people brecause YOU are a POS.

I even stated I don't hate the site. But it's operators such as yourself that make the site growing even more unpopular by the day. When I started there where over a million users on the counter every time I went in. Now it stays around 50, 000, 90, 000 on a good day. Maybe it's time the owners replace some of their useless staff.

Fact is all these "Solutions of yours, I already have done or all the sudden it works later on after an update to another new version which proves the fact it's not me, it's you. I can go on all day debunking your useless complaints to the users about how everyone else is to blame. Fact is you aren't here to take complaints, you're here to make excuses. THAT sir is the only fact that needs to be made on this board.

17th of Aug, 2015

@Bugearl - IMVU can not return your account at all do to TOS violation. in the TOS it states "selling of your account is a violation of the terms of service". also states "access to another user's account is not permitted." you may not have accessed the account but you are selling a account. which is a violation. by breaching the tos as you did means you not innocent.

• Bu
      15th of Aug, 2015

my account has been disabled permently, , , , my friend wanted help to sell his account and i helped him.. i wrote msg to all my friends and send to them.. someone flaged me and turned me in... and imvu took my account... i really didnt know that they will disabled me for selling and i even didnt know that selling accounts on imvu is illegal.. if i knew it i would do it never... please help me get my account back because i am from pakistan and i really can afford to pay for other new account.. i cut more then 5 tickets to them and they never reply me fair.. i wasnt my mistake i was innocent and friends turned me in... my account is one year old with ap and vip and much more stuff.. i cant afford for new account and vip and ap please help me fast

20th of Jul, 2015

Is it me or these complaints sound more like "user" error than company?
    @ Johno141 - there is a nifty button called decline or report. when you find someone rude and offensive like that use it. this is why i "practice" not accepting any chat requests from anyone but those i am friends with. i know how they talk and respond. so if they out of the blue don't act the way i know i can report their account stolen.

so i never meet these low lifes you speak of i have my account "stealthed" aka no one but friends can see me. this prevents them from waltzing into my room or interrupting me while im working on things.

5th of Jul, 2015

This game... or so apparent "game" is apparently "social" and "social" I can put into quotes. IMVU just flat out ****, it's the equivalent of a virtual brothel, just because one person thinks they're ****ing high and mighty to another all because of money. Money and power is it's principle. I've played it for 3 days solid to only be abused by some strange looking neon ****ing virtual emo's because I'm not on their "level", even Jersey Shore would be embarrassed to look at the creatures from the depth of this "social game".

10th of Apr, 2015

anyone else notice the OP points out in the complaint company details beta? if its beta it is not the same server some times. when you use a beta viewer it sometimes glitches and does not report it properly.

• In
      12th of Dec, 2014

me in real life

• In
      12th of Dec, 2014

this is me on imvu ;)

14th of Jul, 2014

@crybaby I'm not sure if that is being sarcastic or not. If your not being sarcastic what you did was wrong. The language you claim you said was discriminatory and hurtful. Also you said it in GA which means you said the wrong language.

17th of Mar, 2014

@ Asking Alexandria - actualy IMVU is free to use. if you want the add ons like vip, adult pass, more credits then yes there is a fee but its 1 time fee, [well the vip i think is anual i forget]. you can stop playing at anytime and not pay a thing, well my account i have not had to. the line you speak of can be said about any game in the world. imvu is just a chat system.

• As
      16th of Mar, 2014

Why would one want to pay for a ridiculously overpriced GAME rather than spending their money on self-beneficiary items. It's just an online character. Know the line between real life and fantasy games. .-.

4th of Feb, 2014

@ 99ways2die,

wow so much to correct here.
    1. log in
    a. did you type user name/password correctly?
    b. are you using a legal program?[no third party]?
    c.are you logging into the imvu webpage?
    d. did you try the webpage?
    if you answered yes to all of these then ether you typed your name and password wrong, you been hacked, or your trying to hack someone else.

2. "Also none of the credit games work at all, unless working is giving you a virus"
    a. this is just funny, there is no possible way for imvu to give you a virus. read their TOS, they check their stuff hourly for viruses. If you go to a 3rd party webpage, fake webpage, or a known infected page you get infected.

3. "I say this because my youtube player is crashing my whole chat all of the sudden, ... a download patch and still the same problems."
    a. simple answer, check your system specs vs imvu recommended specs. this is always important for any program. in fact i just logged in my non paid account and it works fine. i check my specs before any patch and im above what they want.

if this makes you mad*shrugs* then maby you should try another program.

4. "the creators who are often real cloths and furniture designers and to buy their products and that is it. "

a. news to me most of my friends are not cloths and furniture.