Having problems with NeoPets?

NeoPets reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 26, 2008. The latest review stealing money was posted on Sep 13, 2013. The latest complaint stealing money was resolved on Sep 13, 2013. NeoPets has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 8 reviews. NeoPets has resolved 6 complaints.

NeoPets Customer Service Contacts

500 W 190th St., Ste 300
Gardena, California
United States - 90248-4269

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NeoPets Customer Service. Initial NeoPets complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NeoPets above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NeoPets. Discuss the issues you have had with NeoPets and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

NeoPets Complaints & Reviews

NeoPetsstealing money

I would no longer recommend neopets to anyone who would like for their child to play. I used to have faith in this site due to how protective the moderators were about abuse and keeping the site a family oriented game, but the new moderators and owners of this company no longer care about anything other than money. They will take your money, refuse to give proper customer support (the average wait time is 3+months? Are you serious?) and it is impossible to get a hold of a real person who can help you with any of your problems. By the time the wait time is over, your account info can be lost from their system to the point they can't even help anymore. It is ridiculous.

NeoPets — Unfair frozen account.

I signed into neopets on 12/05/11 only to discover my account had been frozen, the alleged reason I cheated...

London

NeoPetsunfair frozen account

i was unfairly frozen off my seven year account from neopets, i did nothing wrong, i am a 39 year old mother of three and housebound, i loved playing neopets but i was moving home and somehow my account was accessed and used to scam other users, i reported this to neopets and while awating their help i was frozen, their reason i scammed other users, i have tried since march 09 to get them to see it wasnt me, someone accessed my account and did the damage, they say( thats not the case, no one accessed my account but i accessed others, )i have proof i wasnt on the computer on the days this happened but they wont listen, all you get is automated responses, i was a good honest player on neopets, had a great account, didnt have neofriends or bothered with anyone, and am really annoyed this has happened but the most frustrating part is no-one will listen or respond, its happeneing constantly with other users also

• Tr
        Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 26, 2009

This should make you laugh. A child under 13, without having his parents sigh the COPPA form, who told the truth of his age got frozen for using profanity. When asked for proof since they are not allowed to post anything, they completely ignored the father instead of providing the proof. The child could not have used profanity since he has no access to boards, neomail ect.

• Wi
        WileyRiley Sep 18, 2009

SHAME ON NEOPETS!!! I am disgusted with their Customer Service, or should I say LACK OF!!

I started playing Neopets in 2001. I am a mother of three children and found it a fun past time while I was home with the kids. The older two would play with me and it was a great time. I took a year or two break from playing Neopets and when I returned, they had instituted the birthdate as a log in. Being that it was years ago and I know I didn't put in the correct birthdate, I have been frozen from my account. I have answered all of the "personal" questions on their automated form letter, but they have not responded. It has been 1 1/2 years since I've attempted to gain access to "my" Neopets account. All I get is the form letter again - like I haven't sent it 20 times to them already.

I have tried to contact them by any means available and all i get is the automated form letter from [email protected] Some support!! I don't think customer support contains anything or anyone for that matter, but a standard automated form letter.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I'm not one of the poor folks here that have paid for a Premium Account, only to be frozen not once, but repeatedly!

A children's site, that's what it used to be...Adam and Donna, please come back. Viacomm has ruined what was once funloving entertainment for families. I will not be one of those that makes a new account and neither will my family or friends.

Sandra B.

joe Aug 13, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0, 2933, 530684, 00.html

I am an attorney that is investigating security issues for minors on neopets. I have noted a story concerning this matter. If anyone has children that play neopets, and experienced any privacy or security issues, please contact me, in confidence, to discuss the matter.

Attorney Joe malley
        dallas, texas

[email protected]

• As
        astrid109pa Aug 11, 2009

My account was frozen a few days ago. I only had my account for 8 months, but I loved Neopets, and even got my boyfriend, and our kids interested. I was told that someone hacked into my account and scammed others. And even though I didn't do the scamming their policy states that they have to freeze the scammed account as well. They are punishing me for someone else's actions. I have been writting countless e-mails to them and have even thought about calling their 800 number, but I feel that my actions will be fruitless.

• Dr
        drd Aug 08, 2009

My 17 year old daughter just had her premium account frozen for no reason at all! I am furious because even though she can't acess it and we canceled the premium...the still charged my credit card again! Let me know if you find anything out. Someting very fraudulent is going on with this company and we need to report them to the Better Buisness Buero!

Neopets, IncUnfair and Tricky Practices

I have used the Neopets site for over six years. While many consider it a site for children, there is a large number of adults from all walks of life. I am an college educated adult who was introduced to the site by a friend of mine who is also a college educated professional adult. I decided to create an account and I quickly realized that there was so much more to the site than she had showed me and I explored it. When premium became available I signed right up. After being on the site for about four years, I decided that I wanted a side account and four more pets (the maximum allowed on an account). I had a friend who wanted me to help her with a new guild. As a result I ended up using my new side account as my main account. I signed it up as a premium account and paid for it monthly. I kept the premium on my original account even though I was not using it for anything but to house my pets. After playing on the new main account for about a year, I fell for the very popular, login scam. This is a scam where someone creates a page that makes it look like you have suddenly been logged out and must log back in. You put in your username and password and then the thief has your information and locks you out of your account by changing your password. When this happened, I filed a report with TNT (The Neopets Team). I did not hear back from them for ten days. I tried doing a live chat with the premium team. I was informed that since I had already filed a report, I needed to let it be processed and get my account back that way. Finally I contacted a member of TNT that someone gave me an email address for. She responded and was very nice. She quickly restored my account with no problem. About eight months later, I decided to use my original main account and use my second account as it was intended, as a side account. I quit doing my dailies and any shopping over there and I started moving all of my items to my other account. Shortly after I started this process, I was suddenly unable to get into my account. I went to my email and I had an email from the hackers saying that they had my account and that if I wanted it back I would need to give them my pin number so they could steal all of my items and then they would give me my account back. Instead of replying to them, I reported it to TNT thinking they were the good guys and they would help help me. First I did the live chat but this time the man (same one as before) told me that there was nothing he could do for me and that I needed to fill out a report. Shortly after I reported it to them my account was frozen. Again I figured this was okay since it was for the protection of my account. Then comes the shocker. I receive an email from a member of TNT telling me that this is the second time I have managed to lose my information to someone so my account would not be returned. I thought surely they misunderstood. I did not do any of the things that their form letter said I did. I wrote her back and tried to explain that I did not give my information away. It was stolen. This made no difference at all. The member of TNT that I was dealing with was fairly insulting and told me that I clearly can not hold onto my account information and I am putting the site at risk. I called the number to speak to the premium office. I got the same guy who I had the two previous live chats with. He told me that premium and Neopets are completely separate and there is nothing that he can do for me except help me access my premium email account. This does no good since the only reason for having the email is to receive the special events (prizes) and scratchcards that are associated with the actual Neopets account. Trying to contact other members of TNT brought no response at all. I find it utterly ridiculous that the users are penalized for having their accounts stolen from them whether it be through the login scam or cookie grabbers or some other form of hack! I was quite upset to lose this account since I had invested not only lots of time and energy into this but quite a lot of REAL MONEY! I had participated in the use of the NC Mall which requires you to pay real money to get NC Cash with which you can then buy backgrounds and clothes items for customizing your pets. I bought just about every Neopet item you can imagine just so that I could put the codes in my computer and receive the code prizes. I have spent literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Neopets. Still I was not getting my side account back and all the money spent on it was down the drain. I canceled my premium on that account but I had to pay for the month since they had just billed me for it. I have attempted to move on and forget about that account and all I have lost, which has been really hard. Now the same thing has happened to me on my main account. It is a well documented fact that there are people on the site that create these programs that steal your cookies and thus allow that person access to your account. There are warning about it all over the Neopet help sites like jellyneo, sunnyneo, and dailyneopets, yet TNT will not admit that there is any problem and they claim that all these people that are getting frozen left and right are giving their info away in some cheating scam. My account that I have had for over six years is now frozen and I all I get is a form letter telling me I cheated in one of three ways. To top it off the member of TNT that I am dealing with is the very same person who was so insulting and rude and took my side account away from me. She has not responded to any of my questions or emails in a week now. I have never before dealt with such poor customer service. There is a total disregard for the fact that I have been a long time loyal paying customer or for the fact that I did not break any rules in any way shape or form. It almost seems like they want for me to leave. I also think it is perfectly criminal the way the take away your ability to use their service that you have paid for, and claim to be unable to refund any money for the service you are not getting. It seems exceptionally tricky and fraudulent for the people you pay to be unable to assist you with any aspect of the service you pay for. There should be a customer service representative that you can reach and deal with all aspects of your paying account. I am very disappointed with the whole situation with Neopets and would advise those who have not started to steer clear whether you are an adult or a child.

• Fe
          fedupwsteam Mar 09, 2011

So sorry to hear of this bs and cruelness, I have been abused also and wound up finding subeta.net.
          Been with them for a year and a half and so far I have been treated like a person not number.
          They are also a lot more relaxed with rules etc.
          To hell with tnt.

• Gm
          gman1969 Aug 31, 2009

I am a mom of 4 and have been playing Neo for roughly 6 years. I too have spent hundreds of dollars on this account with the premium membership and plushies, cash cards, you name it I bought it. What sickens me the most is my account was frozen at first for inactive use/ easy to guess password(since my password is 14 letters/numbers I find that hard to believe). So after filling out all the correct info and sending back the form my account was returned to me 12 hours later. I went in and changed my pin number and my password. 1 week later I was frozen again due to using a offsite/fake login page. I filled out the forms again gave them the name of the TNT staff that originally froze me and all the info was filled out again.Then when I went back to my look-up it stated I was frozen for suspicious activity. I was so angry. I wrote my final letter to TNT stating how it was unfair to freeze accounts of PAYING customers. Would a PAYING customer cheat? I stated I am a mom of 4 and 3 of my kids have their own accounts and that they could verify that we don't play on each others accounts by simply looking at avatars. points, items and so fourth.I stated it was also WRONG for them to not have a customer rep to talk to. I stated how they have a # for premium paying people but you call that number and if its not about collecting more of your money they redirect you to the site and fill out more forms. Plus they are RUDE and IGNORANT people that work there. I had a gallery worth of 200 million points and over 130 million points in the bank. I stated that I was a restocker and restocked in shops but was mostly inactive due to my children being home for the summer. I stated that my children and I play on other games sites and have never once gotten a warning or account frozen and I also pay for some other sites membership. I am just so sickened by this whole thing all the hard work and money put into this and not even have the common courtesy to show a customer proof of what they are being accoused of is just wrong. I told them that should should have it stating that HEY after we have you totally hooked on our site and you work your butt off...Its a good chance you will be frozen and nope you won't get any money back and all the hard work of playing on this site will be wasted...I am sure you wouldn't get that many paying customers.

• At
          atwitsend Aug 21, 2009

I have had the same thing happen to me after 4 years on the site. I NEVER did anything they accused me of either. There was no refund and trying to get any respectful customer service out of them was and still is a pure joke. I honestly do not understand why people continue to spend their real money, especially in the current state of the economy, on a site that is known to continually behave and/or treat their paying customers with such disregard and lack of respect. I will never give this site/company another penny of my hard earned money again and people who do must not have any moral standards to stand up to a company that scams people in this way or they just have SO much money that they can afford to just throw it away on nothing. All I can say is when it happens to them...then they will understand...it is just sad that it has to be that way. If people would stand together against this kind of stuff...these kind of companies would reconsider their policies and eventually learn to treat especially their paying customers better. This site is supposed to be fun but after spending a VERY long time on the site to build my account over a 4 year period, the fact that they can just take it away and for NO reason disturbed me and made me realize rl was hard enough I did not need to put so much into something that could hurt me in every way (emotionally, financially and physically because the stress from it all made me sick) Have a great day!

NeoPets — Frozen account for no reason

I found my account to be frozen for no just reason. As other complains about neopets have gone, I'm an...

NeoPets — Scam and cheating

My wife had been playing neopets since the game started around 1999. She wanted to try the premium account so...

Neopets IncCustomer service nightmare

I have a long story and several major complaints against this website, Neopets.com. I have been a user of their site for nearly six years now--I worked hard and earned lots, many trophies and prizes I can never earn again. My virtual pets are as precious to me as my living pets. I recommended friends and family to the site, kept all their rules, and generally just played quietly and contently.

In December 2007, much to all our shock, the accounts of my entire family got frozen one day without warning--all except my main account oddly. My sister lost 3 accounts, my brother lost 1 and I lost 4 side accounts. We sent in inquiries about what had happened, trying to explain that we were all different users who shared a PC. They barely responded except for generic automated messages. My sister was devastated and hysterical for a long time after the fact. I still am upset but hopeful that I may one day again see my side pets.

In Feb 2008, I sent a suggestion in. I noticed an item on their site that seemed to break one of their own rules--the rule that political, social, and religious issues weren't allowed on the site. I had sent many suggestions in before and never received any replies. So, I was quite shocked when I did receive one. However, the admin who sent it was very rude and sarcastic and insulted me and my religion in it. She basically implied I was a religious nut that fish grew legs to run away from and that my religion and beliefs were less serious than jelly. When I responded stating my indignation and asking for an apology I was ignored.

I continued to ask for my side accounts back and an apology over the next few months and received nothing but automated messages. Then, in Sept 2008, right after I again asked for an apology my only remaining account was frozen. I again sent in inquiries. This time I wasn't even given a consistent answer. I was told it was frozen from everything from having multiple accounts (when I only had one left) to having cheated in the beauty contest (which I can't even enter cause we don't own a scanner). The kicker of it all is that the email address I get all these automated replies from is the same address as the one who mocked me earlier! I ask what evidence and what made them think I was cheating and get no answer. I am convinced that I did nothing wrong and was frozen by this admin out of spite.

I have even taken up my complaint with the Better Business Bureau (which y'all can do to and please do so!) and the Federal Trade Comission. Once again, Neopets Inc failed to properly address the issue.

I'm not the only one, hundreds of innocent users are unjustly frozen and can do nothing to get their hard-earned accounts and pets back. The internet is loaded with horror stories, even from paying users who are treated like garbage by the customer service! They even hide all their contact information so that the only way you can take an issue up with them is through autobot-guarded emails. It frustrates and sickens me to think about the treatment I've been receiving after being a loyal user of their site and paying for their virtual items. It saddens and hurts me to think about my precious pets being trapped forever because of one malicious admin. This crap has got to stop.

• Mi
            misunderstood_1963 Jul 22, 2017

I was frozen and have no idea why. I have been playing on neopets for 13 years and all of a sudden I am frozen. I have spent countless hours playing here. I have been a premium member for most of those 13 years which means I actually pay to play. I am going to request my accounts be given back. If not, not only will I be contacting the better business bureau but an attorney. I am fed up with people stealing from me. I feel like I have paid for my account in real money, never cheated, lied, stole anything. I am a 53 year old cancer survivor, I use neopets to relax and take my mind off things. after me paying them to have the account for thirteen years they freeze it. I want to be paid for the countless hours I spent building neohomes, all the premiums I have paid in, all the neocash I have bought, I want pain and suffering from the emotional stress this is causing me I want whats fair my account back or to be made whole by their actions!!!

• Bu
            bunnyni Dec 17, 2009

My accounts were just recently hacked/stolen (main & 3 sides) on 12/14/09. I have been playing neopets off and on for 8 and 1/2 years and nearly every day for the last 2 and have never given out any personal information including password and pin. The hacker got my main frozen for mentioning a cheating program on the boards for restocking.

I am in the process of replying to the automated responses that continue to tell me why the account was frozen but no insight as to how it was compromised or why they don't believe me when I tell them that someone gained unauthorized access to my accounts. Luckily the person who did this to me left my profile email address the same and I was able to retrieve the new passwords they had set, regain access to my 3 sides and change the pw's again to (hopefully) prevent further intrusion. I have asked what more I can do to prove that this was not my fault but just keep getting the same canned speeches.

I am thinking of taking a note from the user who posted above (Valerie), and send in forms each and every week until something is done about this. So far I have been as polite as possible but am becoming increasingly furious with every automated response I am being sent. I definitely wish the customer service was better, or that there was at least a number to call and a live person to talk to about this.

I would never do anything to gain an unfair advantage over other players nor do something that would get my account taken/frozen. I have worked far too hard earning neopoints, trophies, avatars and painted pets whom mean a lot to me, to even consider compromising my account. I am really frustrated at how this is being handled, but hope with some patience and consistently sending forms every week, I will be able to get this situation resolved as Valerie did.

• Be
            bergamot Jun 08, 2009

Neopets has the worst customer service I've ever experienced anywhere. I haven't been there in years, but just noticed a commercial for it on tv and decided to see if it has improved at all but obviously it hasnt. I wouldnt recommend anyone to that site, they will destroy years worth of work without a single word. I wish they werent still in business honestly. They really do not deserve the success.

• Va
            Valerie Feb 04, 2009

I was cookie grabbed. The "hacker" or the person who cookie grabbed me got a hold of my password, and my PIN number. I have been playing Neopets for eight years, and I would never give out my PIN number, let alone my password to anyone! I sent in a complaint for a stolen account, which was then redirected to "lost password/retrieval" which was NOT the problem. I emailed them back saying that I did not lose my password, that my account was hacked, so then I got another email saying to fill out yet another form. I kept going around in circles all day!! After cookie grabbing me, changing my password the "hacker" went on the Neoboards, scammed people and wrote all kinds of obscene things (which of course is NOT allowed on Neo). Needless to say, my account was frozen.

I was so angry. I kept sending in those forms that they ask you to fill out, with all the information that I could possibly provide to prove that it was my account, and to prove that it was not me who did these things. I sent one each and every week. I also kept getting autobot responses saying that they were "investigating" the problem, and there was no guarantee that I would get my account back. So, I created another account, as I thought I had lost my main account forever. Finally after over two months of waiting, I got a REAL response from Heidi M. She was very curteous and gave me my account back. I was thrilled!

I don't think that TNT is all that bad, there are millions of people playing Neopets, and very little staff. I think that Neopets customer service could be much better, and that they should hire more staff to handle complaints in a more timely fashion. I think a lot of people forget that Neopets is a corporation like any other, and with all big corporations there are bound to be some defects, especially in the customer service department!

Also, I wouldn't bother writing asking them for an apology. They will not apologize to you. You may not like what I am about to say, but you have to grovel. There is nothing else you can do. Threating letters will get you nowhere with these people, asking them what you did wrong generally can get you a response as long as you are civil, but may not get your account unfrozen. If you really want your account back, apologize to THEM. I don't really think that they freeze people's accounts just for the fun of it. Perhaps you did something wrong without really knowing it? The rules are extremely strict on Neopets...

• Tr
            Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 31, 2008

Been there done that, had my whole family frozen. Told them we were several people was told that it was one person. Did not do research. I bet if my family ganged up on them and started attacking Justin(the person claiming it was one person he would know that there was more than one person. A lot of the people working at neopets including Jason, Brandon and Heidi are useless idiots who have not computer moderating skills at all. Also Justin has been accused of pedopheila but it has never been proven or went to court so he still works at neopets.

NeoPets — Rip off

After playing neopets for just over 3 years and having just paid another $69.00 for another year of Premium...