IMVU / age gap

1 United States

The age division on imvu is ridiculous and ruins the whole experience for me. I get you don't want 13 year olds talking to 20 year olds but the fact that all of my friends are born in the same year as me and are 18 but because I have a late birthday I can't play or even message them is downright idiotic. I talk to them in person and know them irl and it's incredibly frustrating I can't go to the same chat rooms or anything because I'm 17. You are basically saying you would rather me talk to a 13 year old who isn't in the same realm of mental maturity as I am than someone who is. Which is down right ridiculous. It's so aggravating to play alone when all my friends are in a whole over side of imvu from me and are enjoying themselves. Not to mention in most places the age of consent is 16 which means literally talking to an adult isn't a crime. This hard division between ages is why I'm going to stop playing this game as it has done nothing but cause me stress and feel less than all of my friends because I was born late.

Sy