Menu
TaskRabbit Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

TaskRabbit
reviews & complaints

www.taskrabbit.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 47 Reviews

TaskRabbit Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
36 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with TaskRabbit at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for TaskRabbit has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of TaskRabbit. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest TaskRabbit reviews & complaints

E
2:22 pm EST

TaskRabbit I hired a plumber on Taskrabbit

The price for the service was £67. Once I agreed and accepted the offer. He sent me a message of acceptance, and increased it with an extra £25.

To cover his car running cost. I think this is absolutely disgusting. Why couldn’t he advertise it on his profile?

Ideally, I would like to cancel the booking, according to Taskrabbit, I will be charged for counselling. This is absolutely despicable!

K
6:26 pm EDT

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Registration Process: Frustrating and Unprofessional

I recently decided to give TaskRabbit a try and signed up to be a tasker. Unfortunately, I chose a bad time to do so, as they had just experienced a data breach in their app. However, I heard that the issue had been resolved, so I decided to proceed with the registration process. I figured that since I enjoy assembling furniture, I might as well get paid for it.

The registration process started with a $25 fee, which I found a bit steep. Despite this, I decided to continue with the process, thinking that if I could charge $20 an hour for my work, I would make the fee back in just two hours.

After paying the fee, I had to complete a 45-minute to 1-hour training course that involved watching videos and answering quiz questions about how to use the app and how to behave as a tasker. They gave me a few days to complete the course, and during this time, they claimed that they would review and approve my account within a couple of business days.

However, I encountered some issues during the training course. The last section of the course became text-only, and the link to the Help Files for additional information was broken. The questions were also vague, and I had to repeat the quiz about five times to get it right.

After completing the training course, I waited for three days, as they had promised to review and approve my account within that time. However, when I checked their Help files on "When will my registration be processed?" I found out that they receive a high volume of registrations and process them on a rolling basis as marketplace demand increases. They also mentioned that not every registration is processed to prevent over-saturation of the marketplace.

I was disappointed to learn that they could not provide an exact timeline for when my registration would be processed. They also mentioned that they may not even complete my registration if there's not enough demand in my area. However, they were perfectly willing to take the fee from me immediately.

I decided to demand a refund and deactivate my account ASAP. I found the lack of transparency and communication from TaskRabbit frustrating and unprofessional. While I understand that they receive a high volume of registrations, I believe that they should be more upfront about their processing times and provide better support to their users.

5:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Pros and Cons of Hiring and Working as a Tasker on the Platform

TaskRabbit is a platform that allows people to hire taskers for various jobs. As a tasker, I have experienced both the good and the bad of this platform. One of the main issues with TaskRabbit is that clients can hire taskers without even seeing the work first. This can lead to a lot of trouble, as taskers may not be able to complete the job or may not have the necessary skills to do so.

Another issue is that taskers cannot cancel jobs often, as they may lose future job opportunities. This can be frustrating, as taskers may end up doing jobs that they are not qualified for or that they do not want to do. Additionally, clients may not realize that not every tasker does everything, which can lead to mismatched expectations.

Despite these issues, TaskRabbit can work if both the client and the tasker have a "meeting of minds." Communication through the TaskRabbit app can function as a contract, which TaskRabbit support will enforce. However, it is important for both parties to create a contract in chat, as TaskRabbit does not automatically do this.

One of the benefits of TaskRabbit is that taskers can set their own rates and schedules. This is great for people who need to hire someone quickly and for taskers who want to work on their own terms. The app also ensures that taskers get paid, which is a relief for many people who have been burned by contractors in the past.

However, there are some downsides to TaskRabbit. For example, taskers are not allowed to give away their time if they cannot complete a task. This means that if a tasker tries for two hours and cannot complete a task, they still have to charge the client. This can lead to unhappy clients who feel like they are being charged for unfinished work.

Overall, TaskRabbit can be a useful platform for both clients and taskers. However, it is important to be aware of the potential pitfalls and to communicate clearly with each other. TaskRabbit is not a magic solution to all your problems, but it can help you find skilled, hard workers and great customers if you use it wisely.

Is TaskRabbit legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals TaskRabbit as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, TaskRabbit stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering TaskRabbit should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

TaskRabbit earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: TaskRabbit achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for TaskRabbit. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

TaskRabbit has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of TaskRabbit's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Taskrabbit.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows TaskRabbit website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for TaskRabbit have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up TaskRabbit and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While TaskRabbit has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 36 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • TaskRabbit protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • If you purchased a website from TaskRabbit that is currently for sale, and you did not receive what you paid for, you may be a victim of a scam. To try and get your money back, you can try contacting the seller, filing a dispute with the payment platform, or reporting the seller to the relevant authorities.
3:29 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Unreliable Tasker Causes Damage and Company Offers No Resolution

I decided to give TaskRabbit a chance despite already having a reliable repair person, but boy was that a mistake! I needed to have two televisions mounted in my home - one in my living room and the other in my bedroom. The Tasker arrived about 30 minutes late, which wasn't a big deal, but what happened next was a nightmare. The Tasker completed mounting both televisions within 40 minutes and was extremely friendly. I was so impressed that I left a positive review based on his professionalism and how good the televisions looked mounted. However, my happiness was short-lived.

Later, when I decided to adjust my television in my bedroom, I was mortified. Behind my television, I noticed 4 holes, several scratches, and 2 nails stuck inside of my wall. I was so upset and quickly realized that if there was damage on my bedroom wall, there was surely damage on my living room wall. To my lack of surprise, there was a hole staring back at me on my living room wall behind the television. I couldn't believe it! Why did the Tasker not make me aware of this? He caused the damage and sneakily left as if he had done nothing wrong.

I immediately contacted my Tasker and notified him of the damage he left, but he refused to respond. This was odd, as he was quickly responding when he was on his way to damage my walls - I mean mount the televisions. I then contacted TaskRabbit's customer service, and they were initially helpful and said they would follow-up so that I could file a claim. However, some time went by, and I did not see any follow-up, so I decided to reach out to them. That is when a whirlwind of disappointment ensued.

They claimed that I was sent an email to follow up on my damages, but I didn't receive anything. I even spent time digging through my email and spam folder to make sure I did not miss it. Because, if I did and completely missed it, I had no problem taking full responsibility. When I notified them of this, they dismissively notified me that because I did not respond in time, they could do nothing for me and offered me a $55 credit to use towards their service. I was so angry and disappointed. I immediately sent a screenshot showing my search results within my email and made them aware that I no longer trusted using their company and just needed my walls fixed.

In all, I advise everyone to avoid this company. In the end, I ended up being the one left with several damages. The company and Tasker were left unscathed, while the consumer that used their hard-earned money on their service was left burned. I will not stop letting people know what I encountered, until I feel that I have been rightly treated for this. I am even considering involving a lawyer, as I truly have been wronged on so many levels. Accidents happen, but for this much damage to take place - a credit to reuse a service that caused a significant amount of harm, instead of trying to resolve the issue is a total slap in the face. TaskRabbit, I am completely disgusted and disappointed.

A

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: One Bad Review Can Ruin Your Business

TaskRabbit is a platform that relies on two systems to evaluate its contractors. The first system is called business metrics, which measures how often you respond, accept, show up, and complete tasks. The second system is "customer reviews," where clients can give you a thumbs up or down and write a paragraph about their experience.

However, it only takes one bad review from an unreasonable client to permanently damage your customer review. TaskRabbit believes that "a difference in opinion is not grounds for removing bad reviews," even when the client is rude and unreasonable. Every contractor runs into these types of clients. You know the ones who ask you to assemble one piece of furniture, but when you get there, they want you to assemble three for the price of one? I ran into one of these clients, and when I refused to be paid for one job when I'm doing three, the client left a bad review. Unfortunately, TaskRabbit wouldn't do anything to remove the review, which drastically reduced my earnings by more than 50%! All it takes is one delusional and self-centered client, and your business goes down the drain.

If you do this full time like I do, you have to constantly answer and respond to tasks. On a typical workday, I'm out from 8 am to about 8 pm. I spend 12 hours of my day working, driving a work vehicle, dressed in work clothing, and can't do much with the downtime in between. The jobs on the platform are small and don't tend to let you use the client's microwave for your own food. Sometimes on a busy day, I would drive to four different places to do one to two hours at each place. On average, for the 12 hours I spent out of my day to focus on working for TaskRabbit, only half of them, around six hours, is actually billable.

TaskRabbit wants you to be on time for jobs and wants you to build time buffers in between. Which is fine. But realistic jobs are not math equations. Each house and each client is different, so there's no way to time things accurately every time. But when you are late, even for legitimate reasons, such as going to a two-person job to have the other guy not show up, and you end up doing the two-man job on your own, the bad review and metrics from the client are still permanent and would greatly harm your business.

When you factor in all the driving, wear and tear cost to replace tire/brakes/earlier oil changes on the car, depreciation from all the miles you rack up, fuel costs, and lunch cost, you are not making much more than minimum wage, and spend a lot more time doing it. At least minimum wage jobs only require eight hours of your day. TaskRabbit requires at least ten hours you take out of your day to schedule enough tasks to break even with your costs.

TaskRabbit charges 30% on top of your rate to clients, which is a contributing reason why clients feel they should get more than what you are doing. This is simply too much to take from each and every job.

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Decent Platform for Extra Cash, But Be Careful Who You Work With

I gotta say, I was a bit skeptical about TaskRabbit at first. But after using it for a few months, I can confidently say that it's not a scam like some people are saying. Of course, like any platform, there are some downsides to it. But overall, I think it's a pretty good way to make some extra cash.

As a tasker, I've had some pretty good experiences with TaskRabbit. I mainly do cleaning jobs, and I've had some recurring clients who are really happy with my work. However, I recently had a bad experience with a new potential client that has made me reconsider my use of the platform.

The problem is that people don't really look at taskers as professional business people. They see us as a cheap alternative to getting someone professional. And my problem with that is that TaskRabbit doesn't seem to be doing anything to change that image of their contractors. Therefore, my business will be limited.

If you're thinking about becoming a tasker, my advice would be to document EVERYTHING DISCUSSED between you and the client through the chat. That is your only proof if something goes wrong with a client. If they want to talk on the phone, still confirm everything in the chat.

From my experience, usually when a client wants to discuss the job on the phone rather than chat, they are trying to manipulate the task and get extra work for little or no cost. And that's exactly what happened to me with this new potential client.

She wouldn't confirm anything via chat, and when we talked on the phone, she asked if laundry could be added to the general cleaning. She also wanted to see if I wanted to work for her off of the TaskRabbit platform in the future. She warned me that she will be reviewing me honestly and that I shouldn't take it personally... (like I haven't even stepped foot in your house yet...) She tried to make me go over to her house a few days before the scheduled appointment so that she could explain everything that I tried discussing in the chat and whatever she was keeping me on the phone about for OVER 30 minutes.

I had bad vibes about her because I felt like she's the type that would end up nitpicking at every little problem that they think was made and end up giving me a bad review. But long behold, because I canceled, TaskRabbit still allowed her to review me, of course, not much to my surprise, she gave me a bad review because I canceled on her.

I was just about to make elite on the platform, which would have been a good benefit for getting more requests, but suddenly my metrics went down. I requested a dispute, but TaskRabbit declined because "clients are encouraged to leave honest reviews", but the funny thing is in their explanation, they mentioned that they won't remove it because the negative comment was based off of the tasker and not the TaskRabbit platform... they also mentioned that the reason why my metrics went down is because I canceled and that can prevent potential clients from returning to TaskRabbit in the future. So basically they are all for themselves.

Overall, I think TaskRabbit is a decent platform for making some extra cash. But as a tasker, you have to be careful about who you work with and make sure to document everything. Taskers are also clients, and if they lose taskers, they lose business.

T

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Unreliable Electrician with Poor Workmanship

This dude said he was an electrician but he was late as hell and had to go back to his car to get a ladder even though I told him we needed one in the chats beforehand. He was slow as molasses putting up a tiny ceiling light that I had all the parts for. He seemed confused and asked for the instructions, which I had to give him. Finally, he finished it. Then he had to put up a small cabinet on the wall, which needed four holes and screws. But instead of just putting it up, he took it apart and started taking off the doors. When I asked him why he was doing that, he said "That's just how I do it." Then he put it in the wrong spot and I had to tell him to fix it. He made four more holes in the wall but didn't do anything about the first ones, so now I have ugly holes in my wall. He struggled to put the doors back on and kept showing me how uneven they were, like I was supposed to be cool with it. I had to keep telling him to fix it until he finally did, but in the process, he stripped the screws. There were more things I needed done, but I was worried he wasn't doing a good job and didn't want him to mess up my stuff anymore. He tried to convince me to let him do the other stuff, but I said no and opened a new job for it. I've used TaskRabbit before and had good experiences, but this guy was a dud. If you use TaskRabbit, make sure you pick someone with lots of good reviews and experience. It might cost more, but it's worth it to not have your stuff messed up. Good luck.

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Deceptive Practices, Horrible Service, and Terrible Customer Service

I recently had a task completed by Samuel A. through TaskRabbit on November 14. The task was to hang a flat screen television in my bedroom before Thanksgiving guests arrived at my Florida home. Although Samuel A. arrived over a half hour late, he completed the job quickly and the TV looked well installed. However, upon turning on the television, I discovered a thumb-sized crack with a handprint in the top right-hand corner of the TV, causing the entire screen to be inoperable.

I immediately contacted TaskRabbit, and they seemed to be quick and efficient in handling my complaint. They eventually agreed to reimburse me to replace the television after I signed a Hello Sign document. I received an email stating that I would have my reimbursement within 5 business days through PayPal and a refund for the task through my card used. I signed the document on Saturday, November 21, and heard nothing by the following Wednesday, so I contacted TaskRabbit. To my surprise, they had no idea that I had even executed the document and emailed me stating that the refund and reimbursement had been processed. They assured me that I would see the refund within 3 days and the PayPal reimbursement within 5 days, plus 2 possible additional days to post.

I received the refund on my card used 2 days later on November 27. However, I did not receive any reimbursement, and PayPal advised me that none had been initiated to my account. After several emails, I called TaskRabbit on December 4, and I was put on hold for 63 minutes and 13 seconds during business hours. I was told by a customer service representative that no one on the Resolution Team was available. I held for over an hour, and no one, not even a manager, would come to the phone from the resolution team.

I did receive a later call from the call center manager who confirmed that no one from the Resolution Team "was available." However, they had issued the reimbursement on November 25, and I would have it by December 7 (5 business days plus 2 additional days). When I asked for the Transaction ID, no one could provide the same. I was told that no one was available to talk, but the reimbursement was processed on November 25, and I would have the money in my PayPal account by no later than Monday, December 7.

On Monday, December 7, I received an email stating that it would be 10-15 days before I received a reimbursement. Again, I called in, and no one was available. I am currently pursuing legal action since no one from this horrible company will call back or address the fact that obviously someone dropped the ball. We have a signed legal document outlining my refund and reimbursement, which I executed over two weeks ago, only to have the terms changed verbally each time I contact the company. As of today, December 8, I still don't have a reimbursement.

I have contacted PayPal multiple times, who have advised me that no reimbursement has been initiated to my account at all and to request the Transaction ID, which I did by phone and have never been provided. The company owes me $497+, and I want to report their deceptive practices, horrible service, and terrible customer service. I am extremely disappointed with TaskRabbit and would not recommend their services to anyone.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit Frustrating Experience with TaskRabbit Contractor: Misrepresented Rates and Wasted Time

I recently had a frustrating experience with TaskRabbit and one of their contractors, Tirivangani D. I booked him for a removal job on Saturday 27/08/2022 and his hourly rate was advertised as ?28.46. The job was expected to last one hour, and I received a confirmation from TaskRabbit. Tirivangani D contacted me and asked for images of the packages he was due to collect, which I promptly sent.

The next day, I contacted him to confirm his attendance and he replied that he would be there at 15.00 in accordance with the original booking. I gave him my contact number as I was going to meet him at the location. However, when I arrived at the pickup address at 14.50, I had travelled from Wolverhampton to Erdington which had cost me ?11, I was waiting with the seller at 15.06 when I received a text from Tirivangani D informing me that he had not left his home and that he wanted ?65 to do so.

I was confused and frustrated as he had advertised a different rate on the website, and he had waited until I had arrived at the location before attempting to renegotiate. He then cancelled the job, wasting my time and preventing me from booking an alternative driver. I felt like he deliberately manipulated the events to try to force me to pay him more money.

I was disappointed with TaskRabbit's response to my complaint, as they seemed to ignore my concerns and offered me the opportunity to book another contractor. I felt like they were not taking my experience seriously, and I was frustrated that Tirivangani D was able to operate on the platform without consequence.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when Arya from TaskRabbit's Policies team contacted me and dealt with my complaint in an effective way. She acknowledged that Tirivangani D had violated TaskRabbit's Terms of Service and confirmed that they were looking into my complaint and will address the matter with Tirivangani D accordingly. She also offered to credit ?50 to my TaskRabbit account, which I appreciated.

Overall, my experience with TaskRabbit and Tirivangani D was frustrating, but I am happy with the proposed remedy and appreciate Arya's help in resolving the issue. I would caution others to be wary of contractors who may misrepresent their rates and waste your time, but I am still willing to use TaskRabbit in the future.

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: A Nightmare of Ineptitude and Poor Customer Service - STAY AWAY!

TaskRabbit is a complete disaster. I strongly advise everyone to avoid this company at all costs. Their charging system is a complete mess and their customer service is terrible. I had a terrible experience with them and I am currently reporting them to the RCMP and the local municipal police fraud unit. I will also be in contact with the better business bureau. This review is the first of many.

I tried to book a simple plumbing task through the TaskRabbit app, but the next 48 hours were a nightmare of ineptitude and poor customer service. When I tried to book the task, I hit confirm and book, only to get a "failure to authenticate card" error. This happened seven times, and each time a $1 authentication fee was taken from my account. After a few conversations with live chat support, it was explained to me that the fee would be refunded, but no explanation was given as to why it happened seven times. As of the time of this writing, I have only been refunded $3 out of the $7, which is very suspicious (as told by my bank's fraud division).

I was finally able to book the task on the 8th attempt after using a browser instead of the app. The day of the task arrived, and at the exact time the task was supposed to start, the entire amount was deducted from my account. Then I received a text message saying "YOUR CARD HAS BEEN UNABLE TO BE AUTHENTICATED, THE TASK HAS BEEN CANCELLED". This happened after the money had already been taken from my account. Also, this meant that I could not communicate with the tasker/plumber, who also lost his income from this erroneous cancellation. Moments later, the entire amount was refunded to my account inexplicably.

I called and finally spoke to a person, after having to demand a number from a live chat agent. The complaint was escalated to a manager who gave me a $20 credit and told me that my bank probably blocked the transaction after the 7 attempts at authentication, which might look suspicious. She told me she would send me an email, which she has not responded to after several attempts to reach out.

I called the bank, and they told me that there was nothing blocking it on their end and that the fraud division had asked me if this really was a legitimate business. I bank with a major Canadian bank, so they know what they are talking about.

So I tried to book the task again, and this time the amount was deducted from my account right away, despite being told it would only come out on the date and at the time of the task. And better yet, there was no record of the task being booked in my account. Just $54 gone from my account and no task booked to show for it.

I called TaskRabbit again, understandably livid. This was the first time I had an interaction so confusing, frustrating, and so dishonest. I reached a manager named Leo, who responded to me by telling me that I pressed the confirm button too many times, perhaps the connection was bad, and on their end, the message they received was "do not honour" and therefore my bank, again, a major Canadian bank and its fraud division, were lying to me. Not giving wrong information, but lying.

The interaction disintegrated as Leo told me, like a child, that I was "always" putting words in his mouth. He was speaking disrespectfully and trying to blame and shame me for their obvious and just hideously and confusingly poor billing system and customer support.

At this point, I need to issue a warning to all of you: STAY. AWAY. For all I know, this could have shut down my whole account for suspected fraudulent activity, leaving me without access to my money. I STILL have not been completely refunded the entire $7 that was taken at the beginning of this nightmare from all those erroneous authentication charges.

I had tried to remain respectful and calm and did so considering the circumstances until being spoken down to and belittled by a SUPERVISOR. No task is worth this much frustration, humiliation, carelessness, and possibly fraud. None. -10 out of 10.

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit Disappointing Experience with TaskRabbit: Poor Workmanship and Unsatisfactory Resolution

I recently had an experience with TaskRabbit that left me feeling disappointed and frustrated. I hired a Tasker named Peyman to install some cabinets and an island in my kitchen. Unfortunately, when the job was completed, I noticed that the top center cabinets were not level and the supports on the island were not installed correctly. I immediately contacted TaskRabbit support to report the issue.

After a brief wait, I was connected with a representative named Adi. Adi was friendly and professional, but unfortunately, the resolution offered was not satisfactory. Adi offered me a credit of $94.1 to rehire a Tasker to fix the issue. I was not happy with this offer and requested to speak with a supervisor. Adi informed me that they could not transfer me to a supervisor and that the best they could offer was a 2-hour refund or a credit to my account.

I was frustrated with this response and felt that TaskRabbit was not taking responsibility for the poor work done by the Tasker. I requested that TaskRabbit send Peyman back to my home to fix the issue, but this was not an option. In the end, I requested a refund and was told that it would take 4-8 business days to process.

Overall, I was disappointed with my experience with TaskRabbit. While Adi was friendly and professional, the resolution offered was not satisfactory. I felt that TaskRabbit was not taking responsibility for the poor work done by the Tasker and was not willing to make it right. I will not be using TaskRabbit again and will be sharing my experience with others.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit's Negligence: Our Disappointing Experience with Matt F in NYC Move

We recently hired a TaskRabbit Tasker named Matt F to help us with our move in NYC. We needed him to load our truck and then come back the next day to remove any waste items, including a broken down bed, some old garden chairs, and packing materials. However, our experience with TaskRabbit was far from satisfactory.

Matt F failed to load a mirrored cabinet that contained jewelry, even though it was already packaged up and left in the middle of the room to be loaded. The next day, when he returned to throw away the waste items, he found the packaged mirror and sent a message saying that it had been missed off the truck. Before we had a chance to respond, he threw it in the trash at our apartment block, and it was removed by the city sanitation guys. He did not ask what was to be done with it, nor did he leave it with someone at the front desk in the apartment. He took it upon himself to make the decision to throw it away.

We have been in a long and protracted claims process with TaskRabbit, who claim to have a 'Happiness Pledge' and insure jobs up to $1 million. We sent them a full inventory of the items lost and copies of the messages with Matt F in which he ADMITS he knew the item had been left off the truck and that he threw it away without asking consent to do so.

TaskRabbit says they won't cover the loss because it's 'a miscommunication between users.' There was zero miscommunication. Matt F was tasked with loading the item. He admits he failed to load it. He also admits he threw it away without asking permission to do so. We provided them with the evidence of his admission of guilt. It's a clear example of negligence even by their own terms and conditions, which we have read carefully.

The company is a joke. If they promise to insure tasks to protect the users from idiots like Matt F, then they should do so. Most of the items are irreplaceable, but they should at least pay out towards the cost of replacing them. We provided them with a picture of every item that was in the cabinet and what it looked like when it was packaged. Can't be much clearer evidence than we provided.

Overall, our experience with TaskRabbit was extremely disappointing. We would not recommend this service to anyone and will be looking for alternative options in the future. It's a shame that a company that claims to prioritize customer satisfaction and safety fails to deliver on its promises.

C

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Poor Customer Service and Excessive Fees

I've been using TaskRabbit for about three weeks now and I have to say, I'm not impressed. First off, they make you pay $20 upfront for a background check, which seems a bit steep to me. I mean, I understand the need for a background check, but $20 seems a bit excessive. And to make matters worse, I haven't heard anything from them since I signed up. I've sent them several emails asking about my status, but all I get in return is a generic automated message. It's frustrating to say the least.

After a lot of effort, I finally managed to get in touch with their customer service. But even then, it wasn't easy. You can only contact them by phone if it's an emergency, which is ridiculous. When I finally got through to someone, they told me that my issue had already been forwarded to the appropriate department. Why couldn't they have told me that before? And when I asked if there was any way I could get in touch with that department, they told me no. So how am I supposed to know what's going on with my application?

To make matters worse, when I asked for a refund since it seemed like nothing was being done, they told me that the fee was non-refundable. That's ridiculous! And to add insult to injury, I didn't even receive a copy of my background check, which is legally my right. I clicked on that option when I signed up, but I never received anything.

In the end, I decided to try out another service called HandyPro. So far, they're okay. They're hard to get in touch with, but at least I was able to start working right away. The Tasker app is definitely better in terms of layout and the variety of jobs available, but their management is terrible. I hope they can fix this up because it's really frustrating to deal with.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Disaster Moving Experience, Poor Customer Service, and a Joke of a "Happiness Pledge

So, I finally decided to give TaskRabbit a try after years of debating. My family and I had just moved into a new house, and we wanted to swap the upstairs and downstairs couch sets. The old owners left furniture, but we needed help moving it around before our stuff arrived. I hired two Taskers for the job, and it was a disaster. As you can see from the photos, they tore up our walls and stairs and didn't even complete the job. They spent over three hours on it, which ended up costing me almost $400. That's not even including the $1000 I had to spend to bring in a contractor to repair and repaint everything.

I was really upset about what had happened to our new home. The Taskers could have just said no, but they claimed they could do it. When the professional movers came the next day, it took them only 15 minutes to do it with no damage at all. I was sick over what the Taskers had done.

So, I filed a claim with TaskRabbit. Their "happiness pledge" is a joke. I spent over three weeks going back and forth, jumping through hoops. For example, they asked for my contractor's assessment on professional letterhead with phone, email, address, logo, etc. How many local contractors do you know that even have professional letterhead? Most just write up an invoice. Luckily, my contractor was nice enough and felt so bad for how damaged my walls were that she took the time to do it.

Once TaskRabbit was finally satisfied with the info I provided, they offered me $200 back on the job and a $150 credit that I will NEVER use. I wasn't asking for an insane amount of money back. I didn't even ask for the $1000 it cost for all the repairs. It was on me to fix it, using TaskRabbit was my mistake! But I did ask for the $400 back that I paid them for the work, and they refused.

I warn you now, don't use TaskRabbit! Spend the extra money to hire a professional or go with another task site that isn't so corporate they refuse to consider the actual people they are servicing. I am really disappointed. I wanted it to work. With a new house, we have so many little things that need to be done, furniture to be built, etc. TaskRabbit had an opportunity to build a strong client, and instead, they decided that $200 in a settlement wasn't worth it.

H

TaskRabbit Unprofessional Tasker and Poor Customer Service from TaskRabbit

I recently had a less than satisfactory experience with TaskRabbit. I hired a Tasker named Tony to do some touch up paint in my family room. I specifically told him that I didn't have paint and didn't want mismatched colors. I also made it clear that if he couldn't match the color, I didn't want him to paint the walls. Unfortunately, Tony didn't listen to my instructions and left me with bright white patches throughout my living room, dining area, and doorway. I only asked him to paint one location where a floating shelf was, but he ended up painting other sections of the house without my permission.

To make matters worse, Tony arrived early for the appointment, which was inconvenient for me since I have a one-year-old child. My husband paid Tony $160 through Venmo, even though my card had already been charged $81 by TaskRabbit. When I asked my husband why he paid Tony, he said that Tony told him he hadn't been paid yet. I immediately contacted Tony and asked him to Venmo me the $81 that I was charged through TaskRabbit and to give my husband some of the money back. However, Tony refused and only Venmoed back $65.

I was extremely frustrated with Tony's behavior and tried to explain the situation to him. However, he was unresponsive and unhelpful. He even tried to blame me for not staying at home while he did the job. I have never encountered such unprofessional behavior before and would not recommend Tony or TaskRabbit to anyone.

When I contacted TaskRabbit about the issue, they only provided me with a generic response and didn't offer any real solutions. I provided them with screenshots of my husband's Venmo payment and messages with Tony, but they didn't seem to care. Overall, I was extremely disappointed with my experience with TaskRabbit and would not use their services again.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit's Interview Process Needs Improvement: A Review of My Experience

TaskRabbit is a great option for those who need quick solutions, but their professionalism could use some work. It's important to have good manners, not just today, but every day. I applied for a customer service position at TaskRabbit and the interview process was grueling. I had to choose three possible time slots for each of the five interviews I had. On my final interview, I had to meet the interviewer in a hotel lobby where he had to find a "quiet" spot to conduct the interview. After the interview, I had to pay for parking. When you're a company making millions, you should act like it. Applicants are looking for a job and shouldn't have to pay for parking. I've had jobs that required security clearance and the interview process wasn't as exhausting as this one. TaskRabbit should make their interview process more reasonable. It was physically and emotionally draining. As an entry-level employee, two or three interviews are enough. Any more than that should be reserved for executive positions. It was clear from the interviewer's statements that I wasn't the one. After all the time I spent on the interview process, I think it's fair to know why I wasn't chosen. When a business handles their internal affairs this way, it makes you wonder how they handle external affairs.

V

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Unreliable Pricing and Poor Customer Service

I recently purchased some wall units from IKEA and was suggested by TaskRabbit to use their services to install them. I received an email from them with a link to the exact wall units I had purchased and a quote of $132 to install them. They even sent me reminders to use their services. I decided to give it a try and clicked on the link in their email. I was then connected with Brandon, who quoted me $223+ ($71/hour - 3 hours) to do the job. Although I had already done all the measuring and located where the 24 holes needed to be drilled, I simply am not strong enough to drill into plaster. I agreed to the price, but then Brandon said his rate was even higher for mounting, $85/hour. This was almost 100% more than what TaskRabbit had quoted me. I cancelled Brandon and called TaskRabbit to understand why there was such a discrepancy in the pricing.

Their customer service rep explained that TaskRabbit takes no responsibility for quotes given at the time of an IKEA purchase - quotes for THEIR work. I was confused by this as they have a business collaboration with IKEA. It seems like TaskRabbit should want to ensure that the quote IKEA is giving to people is accurate to avoid unhappy customers like me from feeling how I do now and taking up the time of their customer service folks. I also found out that TaskRabbit charges 15% on top of whatever the fee is. This was not made clear to me when I received the initial quote.

My conclusion is that TaskRabbit does not care about customers. They know people need help to build and install products and they take advantage of that by charging whatever they want, even if it's significantly more than what they initially quoted. It's predatory and they need to have accountability. They should improve their quoting system with IKEA and hold their taskers accountable with their rates. They should not allow arbitrary price elasticity. They need to hold themselves accountable for the taskers they are availing to their customers. It's not acceptable for them to say that because they are independent contractors, they have no responsibility. That is what the customer service rep said to me and it's not good enough.

In summary, I would not recommend TaskRabbit to anyone. They are not transparent with their pricing and they do not care about their customers.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit Beware of TaskRabbit: A Nightmare Experience with a Fraudulent Company

TaskRabbit is a company that claims to help people find reliable and trustworthy taskers to complete various tasks for them. However, my recent experience with this company has been nothing short of a nightmare. I hired a tasker on February 23rd and February 28th to do some repairs on my property. Little did I know that this would be the beginning of a long and stressful ordeal.

The tasker I hired went to my property and made a list of all the repairs that needed to be done. He then asked me to pay for all the materials upfront, which I did through a Home Depot phone payment. However, to my surprise, he added a lot of stuff that we never agreed for him to buy, including tools for himself and various other items that were never authorized. The total cost of the materials came to $670.00.

The tasker then demanded that I pay him all the labor money upfront, or he would keep the materials. He even went as far as to threaten me, saying that he would steal all the materials if I didn't pay him upfront. I was left with no choice but to pay him upfront, as I didn't want to lose the materials. However, even after receiving all the money, he did no work on the property for over three weeks.

To make matters worse, he refused to provide me with the keys to my property and even kept them for himself. I had to hire a locksmith to get the keys back. When I contacted TaskRabbit about this issue, they ignored everything that was going on and did nothing to help me. I lost over $1,581.92 in total, and TaskRabbit just ignored everything.

When I contacted TaskRabbit about this issue, they simply told me to deal with the Cleveland Police. This response was unacceptable, as they should have taken responsibility for their tasker's actions. I have filed complaints with the BBB bureau, my state attorney office, attorney general, and the FTC. I have also contacted my local TV station to warn others about this fraudulent company.

In conclusion, I would advise everyone to stay away from TaskRabbit. They are a scam and a fraud, and they allow their taskers to steal from their customers. Their happiness pledge is nothing but false advertisement. I hope that my experience will serve as a warning to others, and that they will avoid this company at all costs.

S

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit Review: Handyman Services Disappointing and Disheartening

I was so excited to try out TaskRabbit back in 2014 when I moved into my new apartment. I needed a handyman to assemble some Ikea furniture and I thought TaskRabbit would be the perfect solution. I hired Guy #1 because he was cheap, but I quickly learned that he had a mental issue that made him slow in speech and thinking. While I'm all for giving people with challenges the opportunity to work, I don't think this was the right job for him. He couldn't finish the job and I had to step in and tell him what to do. It wasn't what I was paying for, but I felt for him and decided to hire someone else.

Guy #2 seemed great at first. He was fast and nice, but he had to come back to fix a piece of furniture that had become wobbly and crooked in just a few days. I thought it was okay at the time, but a few months later, the same thing happened again. This was not a cheap Ikea piece, and I've never had any problems with pieces I've assembled myself over the years.

Next, I hired Guy #3, who was a "mounter." I needed a curtain wire and some shelves mounted, and I chose him because he had "built a whole house with his dad" once. I figured he must know what he was doing. He was a bit more expensive, but I thought it would be worth it. Unfortunately, my curtain wire began to pull and bend at the contact points after just a few weeks. He came back and spent two hours redoing everything, but a few months later, I noticed that one of the four shelves he installed was upside down, causing things to slide off. And when I went to remove a wall mirror to paint a year later, I discovered that he had used some freak screws that required a special bit. What the heck? And of course, a year later, my curtains began to sag again, even though I had used the same wire cables before and they had been fine for over five years.

So I hired Guy #4, who was older and more experienced. I was willing to pay the top price because I thought it would finally work. Six months later, the curtain wire seems okay, but I'm still waiting to see if it will hold up.

Overall, I've had issues with six out of eight furniture assemblies and wall mounts done through TaskRabbit. It's been very disappointing and disheartening. I would not recommend using TaskRabbit for any handyman services. Instead, check with your local hardware store. They usually have cards for local handymen that they've heard good things about. I've had great experiences with one of them, but unfortunately, I now live in a different city.

The only thing I've liked TaskRabbit for is accompanying me home from a small outpatient medical procedure, which was required by law. But that's a no-brainer job.

Now, I'm searching for an errand person and I see that it's $46 per hour. What the heck? It's only a 20-minute errand. I'll hire a regular messenger service for $25, thank you very much.

Overall, I'm disappointed in what seemed like a brilliant concept.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TaskRabbit TaskRabbit: A Cesspool for Faux Tradespeople" - A Cautionary Tale for Potential Customers

I used to be a tasker on TaskRabbit, and let me tell you, it was quite an experience. I wasn't verified or anything, so I didn't have to prove my skills or anything. I guess that's okay for some people who are self-taught, but most of the other taskers I worked with were just interested in making a quick buck. They would overcharge customers, take shortcuts, and not bother to improve their skills in any way.

In the trade industry, it's important to constantly acquire knowledge, refine your skills, and apply them in the field. But what I saw from my fellow taskers was quite the opposite. They were inexperienced people who had other jobs, like tax preparers, barbers, and retail associates, who just saw TaskRabbit as an opportunity to charge $50 an hour or more for a low-skill, minimal experience service.

These taskers would overbook themselves just to earn as much as possible, without any regard for the customer or their own reputation. They would ignore important rules that real tradespeople value, like respecting the customer and making sure their name is at stake. Instead, they would hide behind the TaskRabbit name and not worry about their own business name being exploited on sites like these.

I've seen taskers commit serious safety violations, like using staples to secure the back of wardrobes instead of the supplied nails. It's really concerning to see people who have no idea what they're doing taking on tasks that could potentially harm someone.

In theory, TaskRabbit could be a great tool to help certified, licensed, experienced, skilled tradespeople connect with customers who need their services. But unfortunately, it has become a cesspool for faux tradespeople who work other jobs and are just looking to exploit people who hire them. They have no understanding of what a real tradesperson should offer in terms of skill and customer service.

So, if you're thinking of using TaskRabbit, be sure to ask your tasker for other forms of reviews from other websites, their official business name (if they have one), or if they have a business website of their own. You'll find that many of them don't, because they're not invested in the trade they claim to command. They're more invested in the draw of "easy money."

Overall, my experience with TaskRabbit was not great. I would caution anyone who is considering using it to be very careful and do their research before hiring a tasker.

TaskRabbit Customer Reviews Overview

TaskRabbit is a popular online platform that connects people with local freelancers to complete various tasks. The website has received numerous positive reviews from satisfied customers who have used the service to find reliable and affordable help for their everyday needs.

One of the most significant advantages of TaskRabbit is the convenience it offers. Customers can easily find and hire skilled professionals for a wide range of tasks, including cleaning, moving, handyman services, and more. The platform also allows users to communicate with their taskers directly, ensuring that the job is done to their satisfaction.

Another positive aspect of TaskRabbit is the quality of the freelancers available on the platform. The website has a rigorous screening process that ensures that only the most qualified and trustworthy taskers are listed. This gives customers peace of mind knowing that they are working with professionals who are reliable and experienced.

TaskRabbit also offers competitive pricing, making it an affordable option for those looking for help with their tasks. The platform allows customers to compare prices and choose the best option for their budget, ensuring that they get the best value for their money.

Overall, TaskRabbit has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers who have used the service. The platform offers a convenient, reliable, and affordable solution for those looking for help with their everyday tasks.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

TaskRabbit contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with TaskRabbit?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TaskRabbit Customer Service. Initial TaskRabbit complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TaskRabbit above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TaskRabbit. Discuss the issues you have had with TaskRabbit and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.