IHOP / over charge

Granada Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 818-3660744
Look my 3yr old daughter to breakfast, ordered her the jr. rooty tooty which has 1 egg, 1 pancake, 1 sausage and 1 strip of bacon. This was $5.49 and there are no prices on the kids menus. Then I asked for a side of fruit for her and an apple juice. My breakfast was 7.49 and my drink was 1.99. When I got my bill it was $23 and some change. I couldn't believe it. As I overlooked the charges I was amazed. Her side of fruit was $3.99. The fruit bowl so was not worth it. It had 2 grapes, 2 pieces of watermelon(kid bite size), 2 pieces of cantaloupe(kid bite size) and 2 pieces of honeydew(also kid bite sizes) When I brought it up to the waitress she said ya that's what it cost, take it up with the front and maybe they will take it off the bill. Well all I got was you should of asked how much it was. It is all pre measured its only 4oz. My response was do you think I would of payed 5.49 for the meal, 1.99 for a drink and 3.99 for fruit $11.50 for a 3 year olds breakfast when mine was only 9.49. All I got oh well. You should of asked. I will never go back there again even thouth it is only 2 milage from my house. They should really look into customer service and what thing are realy worth.

Comments

Jo
  11th of Mar, 2010
I have such a better story!! I LOVE IHOP-we have one 25 miles from us here in Ohio and go quite often. On a recent trip to Disneyland there was an IHOP across the street and we decided to stop and eat there (instead of getting ripped off eating in the park)
I saw the prices on the menu and about fell over. The same breakfast (pancake combo) I pay $5.99 for in Ohio was freaking $10.99. EVERYTHING on the menu was jacked WAY up in price. It was completely a rip off. It cost me $25.00 for breakfast for myself and 1 other person. They even stated there were no refills on orange juice--wth? It was $3.99 for 1 glass!!

I, of course thought maybe because its California thats why so expensive. I went to the IHOP in San Diego and guess what? The prices there were exactly the same as the IHOP in Lancaster Ohio.

I think it is pathetic that IHOP (or any restaurant for that matter) would jack up their prices like that just because of where its located. That is crap.
Its pretty sad when we could have eaten IN Disney for less then it cost us at IHOP-that is crap!

IHOP Restaurants Logo IHOP Restaurants