ICICI Bank / extremely poor customer service
This is reference to the complaint number SR45226908 which I had registered in lieu with the loss and later fraudent use of my ICICI ATM/Debit Card on 19-11-2007.
I was informed by the customer care executive on phone banking that the closing date of the complaint is 03/01/2008.
Though I had explicitly asked if any FIR copy was needed, I was told that it was not needed. But even then, I went ahead and filed an FIR copy and submitted a copy at the Vashi Branch of ICICI along with a written complaint letter. I have the acknowledgement receipt as well of it.
Later I got a call from ICICI bank saying that a person would be coming to collect my passport-size photograph and one more copy of the FIR, which I duly handed over. The name of the person who collected it was Dheeraj Geraja who sits in the kandivali office and has the office contact number 022-[protected]. I had later called up on this number to know about the status of the investigation and I was told that the fraudent use of the card has been established and I would have my money refunded.
I called up the phone banking line on 03-01-2008, to know about the date on which I would have my money refunded as this was the date of resolution of the complaint. To my horror, the person on phone banking informed me that since they did not receive any FIR copy or written complaint, they have gone ahead and closed the complaint.
I fail to understand the working of a private bank like ICICI, where there is absolutely no co-ordination between the various departments.
I would also like to raise the question that even after filing of complaint, I never got a call from ICICI informing of its status. At least before closing of the complaint, I should have received a call but even that did not happen.
I have been haplessly calling up the phone banking line, visiting the ICICI banks and the investigation team ( of which Mr.Dheeraj Geraja is a part), but to no avail.
More ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - current account
- ICICI Bank - icici bank credit card
- ICICI Bank - tricks customers in to buying their insurance schemes while transacting through net banking
- ICICI Bank - transaction dispute
- ICICI Bank - cpp one assist/ unauthorised charges from my account