Ice Rewards / false advertisement

Cancun, Mexico Review updated:

I recently purchased this membership while on vacation in Cancun. It was a package deal with a timeshare at Krystal resorts, however, I was mostly interested in the ICE rewards program. At the presentation, I was shown thru an app jaw-dropping prices on airfares and hotels, which would cut in half my vacation expenses. I decided to buy the program and give it a try. I just received my login credentials and went on to do some research on prices for both hotels and airfares. As I feared it was all false advertisement, the prices are around 5% lower than kayak and hotels.com and this is mostly due to them using that "ICE Rewards" credit they give you when you sign up, which btw by the time you are able to use the $1000 you need to spent 7 times that amount. In short, this is a complete sham and false advertisement, please do your research before signing up for this scam.

Fr
Oct 27, 2017

Comments

• Li
      Nov 25, 2018

bought Westgate timeshare in 2007 and was given a free year of ICE. Was offered a deal to to extend the membership until 2024 for a onetime payment of 899 and was given 16558 "non-expiring loyalty points". I honestly never saw much savings and only used the service once but would occasionally log on to see if there were any deals to be had. Just tried to log in - received a popup saying that Westgate member should log in at www.WestgateCruiseAndTravel.com. Logged in and it tells me that my membership expired January 2018. I still have the original letter confirming my membership, the non-expiring points and my 6/6/24 expiration date. I would not recommend ICE - or anything affiliated with Westgate. They are a total ripoff.