Iberia / Terrible experience!

1 Spain Review updated:

Lately, this advisory from your office arrived on the day of the flight. The internet advised us to arrive at the Madrid airport 45-55 minutes before the departure time. We, 5 passengers traveling together, arrived 50 minutes early where we learned the flight had been closed 5 minutes earlier. There were signs posted at the airport indicating that 55 minutes were needed for flights leaving a certain terminal. Expecting service similar to other airlines, we then asked for available seats on a later flight. The Service Desk told us that our fares were forfeit but they would offer us the favor of buying a standby ticket for an additional fee.

Obviously Iberia Airlines is more interested in collecting fares than serving passengers. The lines at the Standby windows were the longest in that part of the airport. The policies of Iberia apparently traps hundreds of passengers a day to pay additional fees for air travel on Iberia. I am sure that Iberia would never reimburse passengers for a late departure. That is not their policy. My original trip was from Costa Rica. My wife and I had a unique opportunity to visit Spain and first reviewed travel costs from San Jose. The cost to fly to Madrid on Iberia was 25% higher than we paid traveling from San Jose (On US Air) via Phoenix to Madrid (On British Airways).

I would never recommend anyone use Iberia Airlines until they demonstrate a better service policy. I would be happy to retract any part of what I have said about Iberia should they prove any part of it incorrect.

Comments

• Ph
      18th of Jan, 2010

I recently traveled Iberia and have never been treated so poorly by an airline that I was giving aroun £2000 of my hard earned money. THE worst airline

• Up
      15th of Apr, 2010

I agree. Iberia is very very bad in customer relationship.
    Don't fly Iberia if you want to enjoy your trip!

Customer care agents will not help you whats so ever.

Dvir

• On
      28th of Feb, 2011

First of all I would like to introduce myself, I am Onur Baspinar from Turkey and graduated from University of California San Diego with a “Marketing” master degree last year. I would like to state a complain about the travel I had with IBERIA airlines that caused me to have Ear infection that turned my trip into nightmare.
    On February 2011 I took of with IB 3763 from Turkey-Istanbul with a connection flight from Madrid I landed to Brazil-Rio. I ve traveled several times since I was an international student and been to flights that were longer than 10 hours but I have never seen hosts that are less experienced and educated than your hosts, they dont speak english, they dont serve hot dishes . The other terrible thing was that the flight numbered IB 6025 after the connection was more then 8 hours flight and the seat were so uncomfortable and the plane was totally catastrophic as we talk about the hygiene, the inside of the plane was totally mass dirty seats and tables. As I said I ve traveled with several companies such as KLM, Turkish Airlines, American Airlines, Virgin and even in the domestic flights that are more than 6 hour flights in U.S.A everyone has their own screen for the entertainment, I felt like I was traveling to Rio with a bus!
    The day after I arrived Rio I start having ear ach and it got stronger day by day eventhough I didnt even swim and turned my vacation into nightmare. First I though it might be because of the altitude and I meet with a Turkish couple that took the same flight with me and they had the same problem as i did!. After I got back from Rio with a ear ach fo more than a week I went to a doctor and he state-ted that I have an ear infection that is probably caused by dirt.
    I paid nearly 1.200 $ for this flight but didn’t get 1.200$ service not only with the plane, service, host and the health problem that ruined my vacation! I am sure you wont even respond my e-mail because it took more than 1 hour to find your customer relations e-mail but it was the worst flight experience for me and I will not be marketing your company among my friends.

• Lu
      14th of Mar, 2011

Iberia is the worst company I have ever flown... They are unpolite and not take care of the customers. I suggest u to not take their flights

• Dr
      9th of Jul, 2011

I booked and paid return flight on iberia.com between Barcelona and Casablanca on flight IB7709/IB7711, operated by Royal Air Maroc.

There was no issue from Barcelona to Casablanca with Royal Air Maroc. On return from Casablanca to Barcelona, I was refused to board the flight by Royal Air Maroc because I was told they couldn't find the reservation in the system. I was forced to pay another ticket from Casablanca to Barcelona.

I have contacted iberia.com via its website, but they refused to resolve the issue, referring me to Royal Air Maroc. I have no issue with Royal Air Maroc because I paid my original booking through iberia.com, and I booked an Iberia flight (IB7711), even though it is operated by Royal Air Maroc.

I want to file a court complaint, but I'm living in New Jersey. Anyone knows whether NJ courts take such a case?