Hughesnet / service is a joke!

I have been with HughesNet when it was called direcpc and all you got was the download side, no upload. Since then the service has went down hill fast. FAP use to last only a few hours and now it last for 24hrs. (what a joke) I live in a rural area and my only isp other than phoneline is Hughes. I am thinking about going back to phoneline and just rent DVD's and buy music CDs If anyone knows of a better isp please email me. Good luck everyone.

Ji

Comments

• Da
      11th of Mar, 2008

Help! Long Story story short I have been paying $60.00 a month since 2005 for dial up speed, now its even worse since I upgraded my Modem to the 7000 and my service to the PRO series.

Tecks are on there way to my location again at $125.00 a pop. my low down loa speed is 10 kbps my hight would be 600kbs.

my complaint are falling on deaf ears, Who may I contact to gain help.

Dheinsen@hughes.net
    805-748-5504

• Bo
      22nd of Jan, 2009

Yes, Hughes is a joke. I have the pro package, which is supposed to be 2-3MB / sec. But I get about 80kbps during the day, and 1200kbps late at night. They told me there was nothing they could do, it's just too many users on each satellite. Slower than dial-up 95% of the time. Upload is never higher than 30kbps. Do not believe the ads, they are outright lying about the "fast" speed. IT IS NOT BROADBAND.